aaa Here is an overnight thing!! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Here is an overnight thing!!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             27-Aug-03  @  02:48 PM   -   Here is an overnight thing!!

slickqd

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Check my song LastPrayer.... it was something that came to me when i as up last night... its a small thing...good for a movie or something.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             27-Aug-03  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: Here is an overnight thing!!

GrooveMonkey

I think there's some good ideas here but they need some work. It all sounds very disjointed to me.

G

Message 3/8             28-Aug-03  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: Here is an overnight thing!!

slickqd

Link?:  No link

What do you mean exactly with disjointed...

It does not flow well.... the sounds dont mix well???

Message 4/8             02-Sep-03  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: Here is an overnight thing!!

0/d

Link?:  Link

If real player isn't annoying enough...96kps streaming on a 56kps modem does nothing but piss me off... whatever happened to 24kps Mono?

Yeah disjointed, too much doing too little. But some cool dramatic ideas in a crystal clear spacious mix. But you know what it sounds like to me? A synthesiser demo track. Not that I'm saying it is, it justs sounds like one, presets and stuff like that.

Message 5/8             03-Sep-03  @  10:07 AM   -   RE: Here is an overnight thing!!

GrooveMonkey

What I mean is that it does not flow well, too much jumping around so that the ideas you have never really get a chance to develop, take some bits out and expand on whats left

G

Message 6/8             04-Sep-03  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: Here is an overnight thing!!

errata

OK, I can dig this... but 0/d you're spot on... it's a bit too "synthy" in a synth demo kinda way. Obviously good at what you do... it's just that it's sort of "expected" in every way!

And I think the disjointed comment comes from the last like 32 measures... it's suddenly a different track, which would work if the track were longer and you had the opportunity to develop the mood.

e

Message 7/8             04-Sep-03  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: Here is an overnight thing!!

Maarten

Agreed, very nice sounds in there... I like the synth parts... but it's too short indeed. Especially like the beginning of the track. Personally the ambience together with the tempo doesn't call for that 4/4 kick... dunno, guess I either picture this to be faster or broken ;) Again, nice sounds!

Message 8/8             06-Sep-03  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: Here is an overnight thing!!

Broken Silence

Yes, it's a bit disjointed, but it definatley didn't stop me from liking the shit out of it. Sounds arabic to me for some reason, even though that funky russian piano comes in, it still has an arabic edge to me. I can't say I like the sine arpeggio in the back though, only thing I caught. It sounds too predictable (and yes, that's coming from BS haha) though it does work.

I'd also like a better ending, that could be easily sorted out  

I just don't know if I'm gonna listen to a song I didn't like today...

Andrew

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)