aaa they f**e*this thing up...they got - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: they f**e*this thing up...they got

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/16             09-Sep-03  @  06:52 AM   -   they f*e*this thing up..they got

mcc>

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

we so rarely talk about metaphor here at dt.

this song is all metaphor and it's about history.

i did this remix the night diana died thusly the
high speed benz title.
it is a little like a crash....and perhaps to heaven....rip princess~
only england's darkest shadows....and still today.

...the voices in full speed ahead are the actual voices of men talking decades later about the us government's infamous philadelphia experiment which occurred during ww2...wherein certain government spies stole the formulas nicola tesla had developed> which suggested matter (things) might be moved from one place to another via the use of radical levels of electrical energy.
of course...the us government wanted to make use of science in it's advancement of winning WARS!!!!!
we though we might be able to move entire battleships and freighters from place to place and not be victim the notorious german u-boats of that time. we are retards this way.

anyway....

uncle sam had the stupid balls to try the experiment> using the formula which it stole from tesla....upon real live american soldiers...even after the first live experiments found pigs and chickens and goats dismembered and burnt to a crisp and into the hulls of the boats themselves. BUT!!!!it shows promise!!!....let's see what it does to ensign stookey and first class petty officer mahoney. there were a lot of dudes that got fried on that boat.

the voices you hear actually describe the experiment...as these soldiers and sailors remember it.

my music is always a little like a crash of sorts. i never know what i'm doing or where i'm going with something...but i follow my gut. i'm less political nowadays....but i am always of the machine which is the environment i live in. i generally seek escape as i find few who have any clue as to how to steer us out of our madness.
clorox bombs sure ain't the answer.
i'll always believe in the power of music.

thanks to those of you who've expressed some appreciation for my efforts.

now crash a little with me....

i've seen some pretty pretty.....scrreeeech.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             09-Sep-03  @  08:55 AM   -   RE: they f**e*this thing up...they got

Garuna

Link?:  Link

Is it ok I just comment on the song? I think a 2003 remaster is in order. The mix is noisy. Some good sounds in there. Replace the drumloop perhaps... or no drums..... haaa?

Message 3/16             09-Sep-03  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: they f**e*this thing up...they got

GrooveMonkey

Link?: Link

Cool! Liek this lots, loads better than the previous mix you did. Quite different to yer usual stuff! Nice!

G

Message 4/16             09-Sep-03  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: they f**e*this thing up...they got

mcc>

thanks for the comments>

problem with remixing this is my samples were done on an asr-10 and my eps 16+ won't play the samples. but i have been looking at e-bay. some of that noise comes from the electrical-noise and machine samples i took from this documentary. for instance when he says....they fired this thing up...they got. immediately after that comes this huge current of noise. i had to have that in there. plus there are machine-voltage noises which
become part of the rhythm. this is about mayhem through technology...and stupidity...remember.
it's the metaphor. mankind's own self-destruction through technology.

i will clean up the original mix since that was my second mp3 ever and it does sound a dirge.
....an atmospheric mix one day maybe. i'd have to start from scratch since the old cakewalk files are dead with my last 2 PCs.

thanks for the listens.

Message 5/16             09-Sep-03  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: they f**e*this thing up...they got

influx

Link?:  Link

an EPS wont play ASR samples? odd.

maybe "translator" would help?

Message 6/16             09-Sep-03  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: they f**e*this thing up...they got

mcc>

an asr will play eps samples but not the other way around.
and please influx....poquito mas metaphorico...por favor...mi maniaco~

Message 7/16             09-Sep-03  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: they f**e*this thing up...they got

Broken Silence

Clay, your music is always so fun to listen to. I like this one bigtime.

Your

Vibe

Rocks

Message 8/16             10-Sep-03  @  04:22 AM   -   RE: they f**e*this thing up...they got

mcc>

what else is there?

thanks andrew~

Message 9/16             10-Sep-03  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: they f**e*this thing up...they got

Maarten

like the bass, like the drums at 1:35 even more- but yeah seems to have too much high's... ringy ears- or maybe I should lower the volume a bit? nah..   Yeah, agreed- your tunes always have a really nice atmosphere to them! Continuous changes, keeping me interested throughout.

Message 10/16             11-Sep-03  @  03:59 AM   -   RE: they f**e*this thing up...they got

mcc>

thanks maarten for your generous comments friend. as for my attitude towards mixing/EQing...i do tend to let things lean towards the sizzle. it must be the old punk rockaH in me. i just like the stuff flying out the speakers and in your face sometimes.

i'm not saying it's right or better and i often think...hmmm....that's kinda bright....but ahh...these are free mp3s. we have no complaint department!

cheers>

Message 11/16             11-Sep-03  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: they f**e*this thing up...they got

RagnarOk

Great song Clay! I liked your drums going havoc  

Also, the melodic synth stuff is awesome, reminds me the old days when I was a Jean-Micher Jarre fan. Yes, it sounds a bit chaotic, just like the idea of blowing up people in the name of science, hehh  

-

Rags

Message 12/16             11-Sep-03  @  03:47 PM   -   RE: they f**e*this thing up...they got

mcc>

thanks rags!

you still working in stockholm?

get outta there and make some music would ya?!!

Message 13/16             12-Sep-03  @  08:43 AM     Edit: 12-Sep-03  |  08:44 AM   -   RE: they f**e*this thing up...they got

RagnarOk

I'm on it...

Thing is, I'm back home for almost 2 months and I wasn't able to produce ANYTHING. I've got the time, I've got the inspiration, I've got the gear. Everything is in place, and nothing is in place, because what I come up with in the evening, I find empty and lifeless in the morning. FInally I've managed to quit this cycle of self-inducing frustration by doing other things for a while. Yesterday I managed to put together something, that I actually like, but I don't dare to say loudly that my fruitless period has ended. Not yet.

Message 14/16             12-Sep-03  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: they f**e*this thing up...they got

mcc>

then say it softly~

Message 15/16             12-Sep-03  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: they f**e*this thing up...they got

rags

shhh!
..it has ended...
(whispering)

Message 16/16             12-Sep-03  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: they f**e*this thing up...they got

Maarten

heh- good..  

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)