aaa New love theme dusk remix - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New love theme dusk remix

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             09-Sep-03  @  11:15 PM   -   New love theme dusk remix

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey,

Revamped and did some new work for love theme dusk. A few pointers would go a long way or anything you'd like to say about it...it's similar to the old one in structure etc, but has some new stuff and new techie skillz  

Take a listen at the link up top and lemme know what you think! (the final mix will go up on k's new music site)

Thanks,

Andrew

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             10-Sep-03  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: New love theme dusk remix

Maarten

hey, nice trance version.. although I can hardly make out the love theme dusk parts.. then again I have another 7 minutes to g.. ohh there it is   I still can't get enough of those piana parts there, so much emotion in em. nice how you cut em up after the break. Good drive on the kick there... great effort here mon. well, anyway- those piano bits from the original will never bore me

-M-

Message 3/10             10-Sep-03  @  08:36 PM   -   RE: New love theme dusk remix

errata

Link?:  No link

DAMN that tracks loud!!!!

I'm listening as I type...

I'd refer to psylichons post on your other post.

I dig it, not my style, but you've got this trance thing down lately...

very nice in the breakdown... exactly what you want there... very nice.

GOD I love the piano part! Oh man!

HUGE comin' out of the breakdown.. again, i'm no fan of this epic trance sound, but you've really got it down, man!!! Way to go... I suspect this is what "they" hate about trance, KEEP IT UP!!! hehehehe

at the breakdown around 5 minutes when the piano comes back... i really wanted that Nova bass to hit on the syncopations, classic trance style, keep the botty shakin' in there... but sh+t, I'm nit-picking...

NICELY DONE (for epic trance... ;) ...)

e

Message 4/10             11-Sep-03  @  05:23 AM   -   RE: New love theme dusk remix

mancalledclay

simply brilliant! it's truly an epic thing.

Message 5/10             11-Sep-03  @  08:53 AM   -   RE: New love theme dusk remix

GrooveMonkey

Awesome!

Message 6/10             11-Sep-03  @  10:50 AM   -   RE: New love theme dusk remix

Garuna

Link?:  Link

Yes, the programming/sounds are fantastic. Still a few things bother me. Given your great talent and the sweet original, I think you could do more with it. Incorporate the original more.... closer. Being very critical here.... dunno, maybe just my taste. Maybe thoughts for yet another mix?

Message 7/10             11-Sep-03  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: New love theme dusk remix

Broken Silence

Wow, glad to hear such kind words. I'm also appreciative of all your listens.

Hmm, I know what you're poking at Garuna...I normally like making a remix sound nearly completley different to give it its "own style"...but that's cause trance remixes are usually so dull from one to the next. I see what you mean though, I was already planning on hassling the strings from the original out of psy next chat visit  

Message 8/10             11-Sep-03  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: New love theme dusk remix

mcc>

i hear what garuna is saying but i actually have to disagree. first of all....without question...psy's love theme dusk is perhaps the most epic modern piano-piece concocted in a long time...be it at dancetech or otherwise. we can all hear the awesome
qualities in theme, structure, and musicianship here.

what i find wonderful is how silence has acknowledged this and instead of just taking the bits and rearranging them> he has taken it upon himself to find these other places wherein the song could've sat....and yet didn't.
to just find these regions and play within that domain to emphasize the painful sweetness of that
space. when psy's piano comes in... it is a grand entrance...though much awaited it is well-worth-it.

Message 9/10             11-Sep-03  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: New love theme dusk remix

panama

nice dude. whats the synths in these parts?

Message 10/10             11-Sep-03  @  10:46 PM   -   RE: New love theme dusk remix

Broken Silence

Thanks  

Synths: Leads done on JP-8080 and Nova, Low bass is on nova, high bass on JP, all pads on Micro Q, and that quick metalic sequence is 2 patches from nova and micro Q. Strings are soft sampled and all drum sounds sampled too..

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)