aaa Old Skool - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Old Skool

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             13-Sep-03  @  03:10 AM   -   Old Skool

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey, it's me again.

I got an original one finished that I really really like. It's alot like my oldskool stuff with a huge symphonic breakdown etc...

Please listen, I know you've probably heard enough trance from me for a week, but I'd appreciate it alot.

The track is called "Remembrance"

(and it's in minor!!!!)

(and I tried signing up for 7161 but it didn't let me!)

(enough arentheses)

(bs)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             14-Sep-03  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: Old Skool

BluStudio

yah, 'nuther keeper-

i really love some of those leads man, and i LOVED the stuttery/cut bit thrown on the end of some of the bars at the chorus! structure wise sounds nice, apart from the first big pad fade at the breakdown, kinda threw me off a wee bit in the mix but still sounds ace

r u still doing the full midi bounce thing on this one btw? or did you track the parts to audio and eq/effect em seperate?

your mixing sounds probably twice as good as it did mebbe 2 or 3 months ago, no exageration, keep it up!

blu

Message 3/7             18-Sep-03  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: Old Skool

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

I'm glad you liked it! I'd love some more comments though...  

And yes, it was all midi...I like doing all midi hehe  

Is the mix to bassy? I played it on a car stereo the other day and had to turn the bass WAY down..it may have just been the stereo, but...

Message 4/7             19-Sep-03  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: Old Skool

BluStudio

oh you neanderthal lol , nice mix tho  

ill burn it and play it on saturday mate - i usually think your a bit on the light side but ill let you know how it sounds on a big system.

blu

Message 5/7             19-Sep-03  @  12:24 AM   -   RE: Old Skool

errata

Good stuff, I'm listening as I type...

good good and good... I like the breakdown, the way it goes down to nearly nothing... But I think the strings is too much!!! totaly takes the air out of the track... I might open with the strings and and then introduce them again later when the track is stompin' with a wide open filter on them so they cut through... but the way the track just dies when they come in, I dunno!!!

nice trance builds... good sounds...

I know it's trance, and I'm very fond of what you put out... so I'll only say this once. You've got skills, and talent... you know what to do, and you make tracks that are clearly what you want them to be... but, perhaps some more creativity would be good... your tracks sound like the tracks on all of the compilations that came out 2 or 3 years ago. Contrary to what a lot of the "heads" seem to think, trance has plenty of room for expression, for being different... and while your tracks are solid and very good, I really think you could carry them to a point where they REALLY stand out. If I were you I'd push that a bit... try to find the places where your music can be more than just another trance track!!!

I hope you don't take that badly, it isn't meant to be criticism!

e

Message 6/7             20-Sep-03  @  09:45 PM   -   RE: Old Skool

Broken Silence

E-

I know exactly what you mean. Most of my stuff is mediocre- I don't know how to add that "flash" that the pros have...I think I have some good content, but can't make it sparkle the way I want it to. Maybe it comes with time? I dunno...

Thanks alot for your listen and comments  

Andrew

Message 7/7             21-Sep-03  @  08:49 AM   -   RE: Old Skool

errata

Hey, whoa... hold on.. I did NOT say mediocre. I was reluctant to even go there because I was afraid you'd hear that! No, you're really good... you move your gear and I'm thinking it does what you want it to do (most musicians can't get what's in their head out into the recording)... you're doing it right.

I'm just saying, it's emulative... I'd love to hear something where you just go off, and maybe stop trying. Just let the track write itself without any notions of how it "should" sound! (Trance can allow for that, as I say above... contrary to popular opinion, ANY style can allow for that creativity, and originality) I think you can make really good music... hell your tracks are tops... I just think you could stand out quite a bit with a perspective of more freedom in what you can do sound wise, and arrangement wise!

e

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)