aaa 'Damaged ' remix review please!!!!! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 'Damaged ' remix review please!!!!!

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             20-Sep-03  @  06:37 PM     Edit: 21-Sep-03  |  06:21 PM   -   'Damaged ' remix review please!!!!!

Design

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi guys,
I recently remixed a song called 'Damaged'.
I would really appreciate your feedback and comments.
Check it out here at:
http://www.mp3.com/design

Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             21-Sep-03  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: 'Damaged ' remix review please!!!!!

Design

Anybody?
'Damaged'
http://www.mp3.com/design

Message 3/10             22-Sep-03  @  03:30 AM   -   RE: 'Damaged ' remix review please!!!!!

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

Hello there,

First off, I looked at your page and nearly shat myself when I saw your track called "Summer Rain"...that was gonna be my next theme/tracktitle for my next little diddy. I hate you already  

*Listening to your track*

(also I've heard the original and liked it alot)

Kicks really need to be stronger for this kind of track...much more pound. Also they get lost in the mix, so pound would really help.

Please unpan the...hi...err everything. You have alot of panning going on which doesnt fit and its quite annoying.

I'm liking your progression alot- very positive and the synth sounds are juicy. Cool bassline too, that could go a bit higher too methinks.

The vocals are sweet   But more hi-range and "raspy" ness to them would really help. They sound really mid-boosted. That raspy-type vocals is really popular in trance now, and it would sound great.

I like the build with the bitch moaning and they synth going by itself, really cool build there.

The 303 fill is cool too  

I like the little shitbeast hat too- it sounds sweet! I'd almost drop the 909 hat and leave that little tike as my main hat.

Where'd you get the isolated vocals by the way?

The groove in this track is almost housey, I like that. Also brings to mind that ol' mint track "Do Both Jay and Jane" for some reason.

~Fin~

Okay here's the rundown:

Sounds great overall. You NEED to makeover that kick. It needs to be louder/pumpier definately. Also the bass could use a bit more punch, but that's just my style. Vocals need a tad more eqing, and you're set. I really enjoyed this!

[andrew]

PS: People aren't showing much attention probably because that it's an mp3.com site. Not only is mp3.com a piece of shit, but you have to sign up every time etc you want to listen..

Message 4/10             22-Sep-03  @  03:33 AM   -   RE: 'Damaged ' remix review please!!!!!

Broken Silence

By the way, I'm listening to your "Summer Rain" track right now too. I think its great! Still doesn't hold me back from making that my next track name!

I'll see you in court..

[andrew]

Message 5/10             22-Sep-03  @  03:36 AM   -   RE: 'Damaged ' remix review please!!!!!

Broken Silence

Revolutions is pretty kinky too....

Message 6/10             22-Sep-03  @  05:32 AM   -   RE: 'Damaged ' remix review please!!!!!

mcc>

if andrew says it's that cool...then i do too! haha~
i ain't going to mp3.com to hear it though. not today at least. sorry.

Message 7/10             22-Sep-03  @  04:23 PM     Edit: 22-Sep-03  |  04:27 PM   -   RE: 'Damaged ' remix review please!!!!!

Design

Hey Broken Silence,
your review was great. I really appreciate it. This was actually my first remix. For other people that want to check it out, go to the website listed above. The song is called 'Damaged'. I hold the 29th position on Melodic Trance charts on MP3.com so I need help from all of you people to get higher up. Just listen to the song and enjoy!

For the drums I used Elactribe EA-1, so the kick is not what you would expect if you compare it to, let's say TR-909. The vocals were downloaded from
http://www.tranceaddict.com
and I did not play with them too much, but they do need some more top end.
Thanks for your pointers Broken Silence, I'll work on it in the future.

Message 8/10             22-Sep-03  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: 'Damaged ' remix review please!!!!!

RagnarOk

"For other people that want to check it out, go to the website listed above."

I did, but that mp3.com bitch wanted me to sign up, and I'm a lazy bastard   Could you please upload it here maybe?

Message 9/10             22-Sep-03  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: 'Damaged ' remix review please!!!!!

Design

OK
I'll try uploading later.
Also, with MP3.com, when you're signing up, if you don't want to leave your actual e-mail address, you don't have to. Just write anything@anything.com, while you're at that, your sign-up name could also be 'anything'!
That should be sufficient
Click on the above web page and enjoy 'Damaged' Design remix
Thanks
Design

Message 10/10             22-Sep-03  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: 'Damaged ' remix review please!!!!!

Influx

"so I need help from all of you people to get higher up"

BWAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

melodic trance, eh? can you take me higher?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)