aaa xcelerator - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: xcelerator

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             23-Sep-03  @  09:01 PM   -   xcelerator

Hydrofonix

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

New Big Beat track done. First track done using BBE Sonic Maximizer, I think it really makes a difference. As always my crappy encoder made the lo-fi sound like utter shite. Anyways looking for some comments. Thanks in advance.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             24-Sep-03  @  04:01 AM   -   RE: xcelerator

Broken Silence

You got me voraciously bobbing my head at the begining- I actually kind of liked the "intro" beat the best, but that's deffo just me  

I really am starting to like this kind of stuff alot more, makes me want to work on some.

For some reason that bassline reminds me of Mission Impossible hehe

Very cool tune you've got here mate, but the only thing I was kind of looking for would be a tad more content. You definately have alot of cool stuff building, but I think you need a few extra parts to "polish" it off- other than that main distorted lead. Don't get me wrong, it sounds great (it had to have if it makes me want to write stuff like this :D) but I feel it could have a bit more sparkle.

Great tune, awesome job-

Andrew

Message 3/8             24-Sep-03  @  08:16 AM   -   RE: xcelerator

Hydrofonix

Link?:  No link

Thanks for the listen BS. I had tried some other parts but couldn't really get anything that I thought complemented the rest of the mix.I don't really consider this finished, was just testing it out to see what you guys thought so far. The thing is i'm running short on sounds. I've only got two synths I'm working with and after 15 songs I'm getting a little burnt out on the same sounds even after I tweak them for a while. I'm looking into getting a new synth or some plug-in cards for my yamaha (maybe even Reason since I can get a cracked version for free), perhaps I should leave this as unfinished until I get some new sounds and see if that sparks something new. Thanks for the feedback.

Message 4/8             24-Sep-03  @  09:52 AM   -   RE: xcelerator

GrooveMonkey

Nah... don't go messing with it, I think its raw sound works. if you really gotta mess with it, try some vocals with loads of out there fx.

not sure I'd call it big beat, but who cares anyway! Its good

Nice one

G

Message 5/8             24-Sep-03  @  10:36 AM   -   RE: xcelerator

Garuna

Link?:  Link

Yeah definitely a keeper. Good groove. I dont' like the way the intro builds up. Doesn't do credit to the strong main loop. Maybe throw some of those later phase and resonant sounds in there. (Best sounds often end up in the end of a track, dont' they?) 2:50 break down also.... three loops too quickly in succession... give it more space to break down. Otherwise fine arrangement.

Message 6/8             24-Sep-03  @  10:37 AM   -   RE: xcelerator

milan

dude... start programming your own sounds, innit!!!

Message 7/8             24-Sep-03  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: xcelerator

k

Link?:  No link

i think it needs some metal guitar riffs in it

Message 8/8             25-Sep-03  @  07:34 AM   -   RE: xcelerator

queasy00

Link?:  Link

yea man.. your kit list says you got a virus A? that thing can make almost any sound!

if anything, get a new encoder.

-j

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)