aaa Cryptic Angel - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Cryptic Angel

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/20             25-Sep-03  @  09:51 PM   -   Cryptic Angel

djrandomchancelogik

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Yo guys and gals, Logik here,

Just wanted to say that a new mix is up. Is it techno? Not even close. It's like.. grunge jungle.. or somethin. It's a remix of Rx Queen and Digital Bath, dedicated to a girl I adore named Sarah.

Just wanna hear what ya think.. and turn it down, cuz all the effects I gave it will destroy ur hearing quickly lol (I recall someone posting on that...). Despite that *I'm* proud of it, just wanna hear what ya think (and yes, I do expect negativity, but keep it to a minimal).

~Logik

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/20             25-Sep-03  @  10:37 PM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

mcc>

Link?:  No link

really? okay. i read your insane track description.

and SO i keep IT to a MINIMUM.

Message 3/20             25-Sep-03  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

djrandomchancelogik

Heh, thank Clay, always a pleasure =)

Message 4/20             25-Sep-03  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

mcc>

problem with dj's is that you spin someone else's work and then say it's you. if she deserves only the best...then give her YOUR best...the best YOU got. unless she digs the deftones more than she digs you....then give her the deftones.

i aim to please but first we gotta get real here.

just love if you're gonna love. quit being the musician guy. just love.

Message 5/20             26-Sep-03  @  01:04 AM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

djrandomchancelogik

Heh.. i have no idea what the last part of ur sentence means.. but I do agree with give her 'my' best I suppose. She is a big fan of the Deftones as am I, so I wanted to give her a remix.. that bad?

As mentioned in another post, I got no loops to create anymore. And I'm kinda dry on makin my own loops (but I *am* making a lot of loops). And I couldn't hold out any longer for the damned loop Cd to get here.. Tek doesn't have the money to spend at the moment to help me out.

Anyway, I just got inspired to do it for Sarah, so I honestly could care less about what someone thinks (with the exception of her). She's already heard my musik and enjoyed it, and I told her I would mix a song for her.. as long as SHE is happy, I fear nothing. And since she is like she is, I think she'll be happy and appreciative with anything I do for her =)

Oh, if you want to know the honest truth, if I DID make a song, TOTALLY FROM SCEATCH.. it would NOT be techno, I'm sorry. It would be accoustic, and it would be singing and stuff.

Message 6/20             26-Sep-03  @  01:56 AM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

queasy00

Link?:  Link

i dunno man.. it's not nice to take someone else's song, remix it and then call it a song that you wrote y'know?

-j

Message 7/20             26-Sep-03  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

queasy00

and by the way, are you implying that your acoustic-singing joints more valid than our electronics?

cause if you are....

-j

Message 8/20             26-Sep-03  @  02:04 AM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

Tom

Hey,

You know acoustic IS cooler, but not as cool as the mkii

Tom

Message 9/20             26-Sep-03  @  02:46 AM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

queasy00

it is?

damn..

-j

Message 10/20             26-Sep-03  @  03:23 AM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

djrandomchancelogik

.. first off.. I never claimed that this is mine, all mine. Chino Moreno and Deftones phuckin own, they are by far one of my favorite bands. What I AM claiming is that I altered the song enuff to where it isn't the same song, where effects just add such oddness and newness that it is still Deftones, just the altered state. And I made that altered state for Sarah.. what is so hard to grasp from this concept? Tons of ppl do it, why pick on me? =/

Message 11/20             26-Sep-03  @  07:03 AM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

queasy00

hey man.. not diggin' on ya about makin' it for yer girl.

just the whole part about using other ppl's loops 'n' stuff to piece together one's "own" song.

but i had fallen under the impression that you said it was your song... my mistake there.

-j

Message 12/20             26-Sep-03  @  09:43 AM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

GrooveMonkey

Hmmm. not a big fan of the deftones... not a great fan of this either, not coz its bad, just not my cup of tea...

As for loop CD's they are fine if you wanna go that way, nothing wrong with it..

G

Message 13/20             26-Sep-03  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

djrandomchancelogik

.. ok, this thread is beginning to depress me, no more feedback please. I do appreciate the feedback so far, but it's makin me have second thoughts.. and when I had finished this song I was very optimistik.. so please, no more feedback.

Message 14/20             26-Sep-03  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

GrooveMonkey

Don't get down about it, a mix of two tracks by another artist will never get loads of good feedback, coz it aint really a tune, just a mish mash of other peoples work. Thats not to say its crap, just not original, and being original is an important part of making music.

G

Message 15/20             30-Sep-03  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

djrandomchancelogik

I'm no Richard Humpty Vision, I do what I can with what I got =) Not sure if I've already said it, but I'm dry, and in deep need to make more musik. It's like fuel.. no, it's like Red Bull, I needddddddd it, I craveeeeeeee it, but I see it as 'all or none', 'Good or shit', and personally I'm not gonna push myself to make shit.

Don't know if this belief is strong with you guys, but Tek and I as KounterKulture (in our now older and matured state) have found it better to wait to be inspired, rather than feel pressured to dish out a whole album at once. The next album is entitled 'Ethiks', we plan to make it the most professional it ever has been, fading in and out songs, killing the track delay (easily fixable by burning with MusicMatch), and possibly putting it on vinyl for the clubs in town or getting another higher ranked Dj to mix it or somethin...

As for Cryptic Angel, the feedback on the actual music chart is either 1) Saying it's good out of this group or 2) Saying it's alright, and it is rising due to the other songs being old. I'm happy it's as high as it is. As for it going on Ethiks.. . I'm considering 'no', simply because it's a remix, not a production, despite the fact that I made it for someone I'm in love with.

Believe it or not, some songs I put up on here have never gone to final album phase... why?.. As stated above, Tek and I pushed a lot, and I do mean A LOT, of songs out of pure force instead of sitting back, relaxing, and trying to produce skilled songs. I only remember two of mine that aren't on the album: Tribal Tek and Nightraid.. why the phuck did I ever make those songs rofl.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback and encouragement, Cryptic Angel may never see an album burn but the point is that I made it from the heart with good intention and that sets well with me and with Sarah.

Thanks again,
~Logik

Message 16/20             01-Oct-03  @  07:13 AM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

mcc>

your girl is for kissing and talking to with into the wee morning hours. she's there to make you a man.

don't use the music to keep her.

and don't use US to help you keep her.

quit being a rock star and churn out some phat stuff when you're ready.
we'll be here to hear it.

PLUS+++

always make good songs before you start planning albums and release dates photo ops etc.

Message 17/20             04-Oct-03  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

milan

oh just leave the kid alone mcc... he told you its enough

Message 18/20             05-Oct-03  @  03:51 AM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

djrandomchancelogik

I ain't no kid, and Clay is actually one of the few that actually supports Kounter Kulture as well as everyone that happens to pass by trying to make a difference. I thankyou Clay =)

I don't 'have' this girl, I'm not tryin to 'win' this girl, I just wanted to give a gift that is unique and available to me. She enjoyed it by the way =) Oh, and another monkey wrench in the tractor, I haven't met her face to face.. yet =)

Message 19/20             05-Oct-03  @  07:00 AM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

mcc>

then random...you be da man!

and i ain't jokin ya either.

go fetch fierce and gentle.

Message 20/20             05-Oct-03  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: Cryptic Angel

milan

oh whatever... was speaking figuratively...

wont see me in this thread anymore then :p

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)