aaa Not recognizing fx - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Not recognizing fx

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             26-Sep-03  @  10:50 PM   -   Not recognizing fx

Defector Z

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Okay, so since I got Sonic Foundry 6.0 (and now 7.0), Sonar has stopped recognizing the fx plugins I have. I have legit versions of all software, and when I try to open a project that I worked on 6 months ago, I get an error message saying it can't find Cakewalk, Sonic Foundry or my VST plugins that are used in the song. On top of that, ALL audio refused to play. When I check the audio engine button, it DOES NOT turn the audio engine on. So even existing audio does not play.

If I open a new project, or record NEW audio, the whole thing works fine.

I have tried installing and reinstalling the softwares, but nothing works. Any ideas?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             27-Sep-03  @  02:13 AM   -   RE: Not recognizing fx

psylichon

Link?: Link

That almost has to be a DirectX issue. Unfortunately, those are really hard to solve. I would try just reinstalling the plugins that you used in the old project and go from there...?

Message 3/7             27-Sep-03  @  03:05 AM   -   RE: Not recognizing fx

§ï†ÅR

Damn. I don't have a clue. Hope you get it worked out and let us know if you find out the cause.

Message 4/7             27-Sep-03  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: Not recognizing fx

Defector z

Don't know how to reinstall the plugins - they ALL come with the programs. Can I pull them off the disk?

Message 5/7             28-Sep-03  @  07:55 AM   -   RE: Not recognizing fx

psylichon

Do you have the Cakewalk Plugin Manager? It might be able to help you out. Also you mentioned VST... what wrapper are you using? Have you run its setup utility recently?

Message 6/7             29-Sep-03  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: Not recognizing fx

spectre1

I have a similar problem w/ Sonar2, Acid Pro 4 and Sound Forge6. Most of my Sonic Foundry plug-ins do not work in cakewalk, and only the non-automatable cakewalk effects work in my sonic foundry software - although both SF6 and A4 support automatable DX effects.

I've posted the question on other forums and it seems some people can get it to work, others can't.

On the old Sonic Foundry forums the moderator from the company blamed it on cakewalk, but on the cakewalk newsgroups I've seen the moderator from them say it's sonic foundry's fault. It's definitely something with DX, though. Wish I knew an answer because I actually like a couple of SoFo's native plug-ins.

Message 7/7             29-Sep-03  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: Not recognizing fx

Defector Z

Okay - I think it's sorted. For some reason, installing SF 7.0 does NOT overwrite previous versions. I Unistalled 6.0, and ran the different plugin managers and VST wrappers (I have the Cakewalk wrapper) and that seems to have cured it. I didn't think to rerun the VST wrapper installer/updater. Thanks for the help folks.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)