aaa New errata track, fishin' for input - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New errata track, fishin' for input

Viewing all 22 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/22             02-Oct-03  @  07:32 PM   -   New errata track, fishin' for input

errata

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Hey...

So I got off my lazy ass and turned one of my songs into a, well, a song (actually, there's no singing so it's not really a song per se, ah screw it)...

it's called "I Have One Ton"...

This is a rough edit of a new track I'm working on. Bass might be too deep (I tend to do that)... and it's edited down for size. I'm looking for feedback, should I focus on the mellow parts or play up the crazy arp'ed bits. I really hate working solo, got used to being able to evaluate a track objectively when i was working with someone... ah well, that's what you're for, right?

Happy to make this a consideration for the compilation, but I plan to mix it better, and the original flows a bit better without the time constraint! Shrug...

comments...???

e

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/22             02-Oct-03  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

Influx

Link?: Link

Im supposed to say "put it here you bastid"

Message 3/22             02-Oct-03  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

errata

huh?

I don't get it...

Is this somehow related to "hands free sampling"?

e

Message 4/22             02-Oct-03  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

errata

Oh, wait... no... it it is here... that's why the encoding sucks... it's onmy user page... and in the music section...

I done my part...

screw that MP3.com address... I've never deleted it from my profile and it's automatic when I'm signed in.

e

Message 5/22             02-Oct-03  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

PB

Link?:  No link

hmmmmm lovely song. Only thing to pick at is when the ambient break you have. WHen you bring the beat back, i'm sort of waiting for something big to come with it - not just the original beat. i like that arpytwarpy thing at the end to support the ambient notes. ME LIkeYS!

Message 6/22             02-Oct-03  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

errata

Cheers PB... thanks for the listen... I was thinking the same thing listening to it this morning that as the breakdown ends it should come back bigger and harder...

Thanks for the comments, glad you liked it.

e

Message 7/22             03-Oct-03  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

RagnarOk

This is one cool song. Only thing maybe, when that strange synth part remains "alone" at 4:51... It goes on for a few seconds until I get "used to it".

Also, I was expecting something to come at the end, some kind of "solution part"  

Otherwise, really smooth, good progression, and I like the vibe really.

Message 8/22             03-Oct-03  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

RagnarOk

Yea, and no problem with the bass, really.

Message 9/22             03-Oct-03  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

errata

Cool, R... thnaks for the listen.

I edited the track for time, so the end is sort of abrubt. But I think I let the "pad" part go on to long...

Thanks guys, for the comments.

e

Message 10/22             05-Oct-03  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

0/d

I really like this... the beat, the arp, the chimey ambient pad that rings around in the breakdown and the subtle way the beat works its way back in. The track does sound a little rigid, but maybe thats just me, I like my electro messy and raw, with loads of abstract ideas. I agree that the track is screaming out for something. That square arp in the first half, maybe a massive chord progression or key shift on all instraments - something that would absoulutely devastate a dancefloor purely by suprising them.

Message 11/22             05-Oct-03  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

mcc>

absolutely wonderful.

bass = cool.

lovely shifts and returns...very subtle> some of this stuff!!!! and rockin too.

Message 12/22             06-Oct-03  @  05:14 AM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

errata

Cheers, you guys... I don't feel like it'd finished... but I'm really glad you're diggin' it! Maybe it's better than I thought.

e

Message 13/22             06-Oct-03  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

Maarten

Oh my.. this is how I like my daily portion of electro!  
Nice synth-jiberish in the background at the start... dirty but subtle synth line coming in.. really good how the break builds slowly like it does... lovely sounds, well placed along side eachother. man, this is really good... what did you do that lead with round 5 minute point? Nice sound indeed! yummy- very

-M-

Message 14/22             07-Oct-03  @  09:39 AM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

Garuna

Yes, dark and dirty.... Nice.

Message 15/22             07-Oct-03  @  08:58 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

Yonce

I really liked this track, had a listen on the headphones at work and had to get home and blast it in the studio ! The only problem I had is the abrupt end. Please tell me that bass isn't your darkstar and if it is how didja do it ?

Message 16/22             07-Oct-03  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

errata

The bass is an MS2000 and an electribe working together... say what you want, korg's analog modelling is AWESOME!

The darkstar wasn't even turned on with this track! Frankly that damned thing is way too noisy and my love affair with it is coming to a disenchanted end!

And Maarten - the little layered square wave synth that gets real attention at the end (it's there through most of the track) programed it on my e-mu.

Cheers everyone, thanks for the input!

e

Message 17/22             08-Oct-03  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

Yonce

Thank God it wasn't the darkstar I would have felt horribly inadequate =) I think the problem with the darkstar is that it isn't loud enough so you have to crank up the gain on your mixer to get the volume you want and then you end up with too much noise at least thats been my experience.

Message 18/22             08-Oct-03  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

errata

Good call, that's exactly the problem... could get a good silent pre-amp for it, but it's not worth the price for that thing... nice subs and weird-o pads but it's not special enough to spend a few hundred on!

e

Message 19/22             08-Oct-03  @  11:21 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

§ï†ÅR

This rocks. Love the drums and the bass which if I'm not mistaken is MS2000 and an electribe working together :P

The pad break sets such a mood I love it. Killer kick drum. Excellent track Errata.

Message 20/22             08-Oct-03  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

errata

Cheers, Sitar...

Thanks... good call on the bass patch man... How'd you guess?

e

Message 21/22             09-Oct-03  @  02:37 AM     Edit: 09-Oct-03  |  12:37 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

§ï†ÅR

you know me errata. sitar knows all LOL! Forgot to vote last night. Just did now.

Message 22/22             10-Oct-03  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

Broken Silence

Hey, call me drunk as no one's noticed it so it's prob just me- but is there a key change from C minor to D major in the begining? At like 1min...

Track sounds *really* good- a bit too dark for me tho  

Viewing all 22 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)