aaa sounddiver crashes cubase - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: sounddiver crashes cubase

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             09-Oct-03  @  06:26 AM   -   sounddiver crashes cubase

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey,

I've been using the SoundDiver for the Virus alot latley, but when I run both SoundDiver and Cubase at the same time, I get an error message that Cubase needs to close. I can still use everything and its still stable, but the error message always comes up...is this something to pay attention to? Or should I just keep on ignoring and putting the message off of the screen?

Has anyone else had any problems with running both apps at the same time?

Thanks alot,

Andrew

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             09-Oct-03  @  08:41 AM   -   RE: sounddiver crashes cubase

dARKSTATe

What OS you running dude?

I found that in XP, I had to make the sounddiver .exe run in Win98 compatibility mode. After doing that it seems to work fine...

Message 3/6             09-Oct-03  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: sounddiver crashes cubase

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

yeah, I'm on XP...how do you make it run in a separate OS? I'm guessing I'll have to get win 98?

Message 4/6             09-Oct-03  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: sounddiver crashes cubase

dARKSTATe

No, not run in a separate O/S.. XP has the ability to run executables in a variety compatibility modes in an attempt to retain backwards compatibility with older applications.

If you right click on the .exe file of sounddiver, and select properties.. select the Compatibility tab, and you should see some controls. Tick "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select Win98 from the dropdown.. click ok to save your changes and give it a go!

Marc_D

Message 5/6             09-Oct-03  @  08:56 PM   -   RE: sounddiver crashes cubase

Broken Silence

Kick ass man, it worked!

Thanks alot  

Message 6/6             13-Oct-03  @  08:48 AM   -   RE: sounddiver crashes cubase

dARKSTATe

No prob. Happy divin'

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)