aaa ridiculous loading time - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: ridiculous loading time

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             10-Oct-03  @  09:42 PM   -   ridiculous loading time

sam

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i really need to know why in cubase sx, after emptying trash, conforming files and saving to new folder numerous times, a song is taking 5 hours to load. There are PC spec limitations to consider but other songs work fine and this song is only using 2 original wave imports and no more PC based midi than normal. Please help

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             10-Oct-03  @  09:48 PM   -   ridiculous loading time

sam

i really need to know why in cubase sx, after emptying trash, conforming files and saving to new folder numerous times, a song is taking 5 hours to load. There are PC spec limitations to consider but other songs work fine and this song is only using 2 original wave imports and no more PC based midi than normal. Please help

Message 3/6             10-Oct-03  @  11:06 PM   -   RE: ridiculous loading time

Influx

Link?: Link

you really need to know to go to www.steinberg.net and check in the SX forum

this was gone over there, more than a few times...

Ive never had the prob, but...do you have the latest update?

5 hours is just ludicrous. I have really big projects that load in 15sec or less on a 2ghz AthlonXP with 1gig ram

Message 4/6             12-Oct-03  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: ridiculous loading time

k

havent been to cubase .net for a month, but it sounds like a problem with registering song location or file location after moving etc.

Message 5/6             12-Oct-03  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: ridiculous loading time

k

hmm... i found this with a search... is this it?

-----

You will be using MIDI tracks with MIDI effect plugins on them. Versions 1.00 and 1.01 have a bug in which MIDI effect settings stored in the project file is DOUBLED every time you save and reload the project. Eventually the .CPR is huge in the megs or tens of megabytes, and can take literally hours to load. Once open, all appears normal. This was fixed in 1.03. If you drop the MIDI plugins out of your project, then save, close and reopen, your project will return to normal size and load times.

---

??

Message 6/6             12-Oct-03  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: ridiculous loading time

milan

Link?: Link

fook me. that *IS* ridiculous!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)