aaa Mys Five - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Mys Five

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             31-Oct-03  @  02:00 AM   -   Mys Five

Garuna

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

More.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             31-Oct-03  @  07:08 PM   -   RE: Mys Five

milan

Link?: Link

watch out... oh yeah... this boy is on fire!

sounds even better mix wise. yo dude... i think you need to compress your sounds more. my meters are jumping L and R like they're dizzy or something. there's something wrong with that... the kick should basically peak, not the rest. i guess you should try inserting comps on all those sounds with percussive envelope (prolly all sounds in this tune) just to even out those peaks.

so all these tips helping you, right?

keep it up dude!

Message 3/9             02-Nov-03  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: Mys Five

mcc>

Link?:  No link

listening wit my ears and not no meters i think i hear the joy of seventies good-time mixed with some pretty modern techy---rambunctiousness. quiet and subtle as it may all be...this kicks. it's clever but in a good way. i'm lovin the crispness of the drums as this seems more and more to become your trademark.....not that your embellishments aren't super but geez...they're so sneaky.....you manage to appear well-behaved!!!!!

nice!

and i really like the res~ even if i'd prefer a different mc....a girl would be better.....or how about a robot?
yeah...a robot would be nice.
and it wouldn't sound like last week.

keep it up garuna!!!!!!
you shine bright one.

Message 4/9             02-Nov-03  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: Mys Five

Defector Z

Not typically my flava, but I really enjoyed listening to this. Really has a nice fun kind of groove to it. Moved along nicely, doesn't try to do too much, returns to a refrain intelligently, yet varies enough to keep the interest going. The vocal sample seems a touch off key, though, like it could use a little pitch shift up a bit. Other than that, the track is right on. Nice work.

Message 5/9             03-Nov-03  @  01:31 AM   -   RE: Mys Five

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

Jesus Garuna make it fuking stop!  

With the speed that you're putting these out and the absolute tops quality of house that you are putting out, it's amazing that you're only one person  

Got a little clipping here and there- may be from low encoding though.

Gorgeous mang

Andrew

Message 6/9             03-Nov-03  @  02:34 AM   -   RE: Mys Five

Garuna

Thanks a lot! I had The Res played in a club on Saturday and the compared to the vinyl played the sound was shite. Could be my experiment with cloning tracks and panning that got a little out of hand. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Message 7/9             03-Nov-03  @  03:22 AM   -   RE: Mys Five

queasy00

so garuna... you've got so many ing tracks up man! damnit! haha... anyway, i gotta say, all your stuff keeps sounding better and better to me. very dance-able and i don't understand why you ain't doin' live pa's or anything cause i'm sure ppl'd go ape (or at least chill and dance-- think of all the girls!)

also, i think your song structure progressions are much better now too.

btw, mys two: i love that weird retro-ish 80s sound that comes in.. what does it remind me???

btw_2: what's mys?

-j

Message 8/9             03-Nov-03  @  03:23 AM   -   RE: Mys Five

queasy00

btw.. don't they say that for playin' in clubs you should always do a mono mix since dancer person isn't always dead center (or was it because the systems are usually mono?) heard it somewhere on this board or livepa.org once... could be talking shit heh.

-j

Message 9/9             03-Nov-03  @  09:16 AM   -   RE: Mys Five

milan

umm not quite, but yes if you mix primarily for club pa you should forget about stereo and just make it slammin'

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)