aaa queasy - the overdub theory of life - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: queasy - the overdub theory of life

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             02-Nov-03  @  07:15 AM   -   queasy - the overdub theory of life

queasy00

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

well, i haven't been as productive as garuna ;) but in between all that school work i came up with this.

it's got a really wide dynamic so watch out!... and i think that sound effect thing is way too loud (doh!). Anyway, would really appreciate any comments.

the overdub theory of life

-j

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             03-Nov-03  @  01:35 AM   -   RE: queasy - the overdub theory of life

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

You know how much I enjoy your music. This is great stuff- very crazy though. A little on the rough side for me- scarey  

Get off of your lazy ass and join us in chat again!

Also, I have a proposition for you. Please, please, please, please, please update mix Train Tracks To Montreal!!!!!!!! I remember you speaking of that one day..

If you won't I will  

Andrew

Message 3/12             03-Nov-03  @  02:41 AM   -   RE: queasy - the overdub theory of life

Garuna

Link?:  Link

Well you probably have ideas for four different songs in there. Four great songs.

Message 4/12             03-Nov-03  @  03:34 AM   -   RE: queasy - the overdub theory of life

queasy00

hey... thanks bs! sorry i've been really busy with school (final year 'n' all). about train tracks to montreal.. yeah, i still mean to redo that because the lead-ish thing that plays the main melody was actually first done on guitar and now that i've got a sampler...... but i really wanna multitrack this bugger and i need a good soundcard to record it (i can't even do stereo on the card i have now!).

garuna: yea, it is a bit of a schiziophrenic piece (can i say that?). anyway, i'm not sure if you meant "you've got too many ideas happening here" or something but i'm gonna take it as a compliment anyway!  

-j

Message 5/12             03-Nov-03  @  03:38 AM   -   RE: queasy - the overdub theory of life

Tom

Haha,

I know 1 of the four songs, but its not ready yet, so i better keep shut...

Tom

Message 6/12             03-Nov-03  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: queasy - the overdub theory of life

queasy00

oh bah!

but it's all based of the same progression which is played by the first guitar instead of the original bass sound.

wait.. i gotta do it one more time.

bah! lol...

-j

Message 7/12             04-Nov-03  @  10:27 PM   -   RE: queasy - the overdub theory of life

queasy00

wait a minute!! that's not how the bass goes!! shit.. i think i messed up the recording.. ARGH!

gonn have to do it on thurs night tho... bah school.... man...

-j

Message 8/12             05-Nov-03  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: queasy - the overdub theory of life

Tom

You confuse me

Message 9/12             05-Nov-03  @  01:26 AM   -   RE: queasy - the overdub theory of life

queasy00

the midi delay.. remember in the "i got the ing bass" version? there was more to it... gah.. it deosn't matter i guess..

my life's all bargley these days...

-j
ps: funny guy...

Message 10/12             10-Nov-03  @  10:18 AM   -   RE: queasy - the overdub theory of life

GrooveMonkey

Ouch... that effect at 0:30 ish is WAY TOO LOUD.. nice guitars though and a cool bass.

Drums are cool, but a bit lofi sounding prolly just the encoding.

ouch again at 1:30 ish, just too loud and takes over the mix too much.

If you frop those elements in volume a bit I figure it will sound much better.

G

Message 11/12             10-Nov-03  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: queasy - the overdub theory of life

Defector Z

Definitely need to drop that distorted lead into the background. Do that and you've got a top track. The guitar and bass really need to carry the song through, imo.

Message 12/12             10-Nov-03  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: queasy - the overdub theory of life

queasy00

damnit.. i thoguht i replied to this.. i guess i forgot to hit send.

anyway..yea, i see what you mean.... i booted up the level on that weird effect-sound thing just before i recorded. doh.

-j

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)