aaa Finally, my original mix is done! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Finally, my original mix is done!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             02-Nov-03  @  06:19 PM     Edit: 02-Nov-03  |  06:20 PM   -   Finally, my original mix is done!

Design

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi guys,
I finally finished my first original trance mix 'Destiny'.
Any review would be very appreciated, since I'm relatively new in this music field. I like to hear different opinions and suggestions. Also, I did not attach the track because I would not like to release it yet.
You can listen to the song at:
http://www.designtrance.com
This is an MP3.com site. Please, if you need to sign-up to listen, do so. You don't have to give out any personal info if you don't want to. Any e-mail address will work as long as it's any@any.com
There you go and enjoy.
Thanks
Design

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             03-Nov-03  @  01:28 AM   -   RE: Finally, my original mix is done!

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

Listening...

Good bongo line in the begining

Hats are a bit dry that come in but- not that bad hehe im over observing

That synth that comes in with the big hats- not that crazy bout it- sounds a bit dry too- not fat enough

cool little side line- fast and upbeat

Its breaking and i hear something really cool happening....

I love that square wave sequence- awesome.

Reminds me alot of Flaming June- BT which ing rocks, so deffo a plus...not very similar but it does have that vibe which is good  

I don't like the way the kick is changing at the end of like every bar

Overall, it's very nice. Just finished- nice little squeal out at the end.

Oh shit my dog just farted and it smells horrible.

Anyways- This sounds much better than your last track- the damaged remix- it seems you got a lot done technically compared to that one- the mix is smoother, sounds nice. It is a little dated sounding if that's the vibe you're going for- as most new trance that's really happening is ing slamming energy, faster paced, and thumping.

If you do intend to change it a bit becuase this is material that would deffo be spun this is what I'd do:

You need it THUMPING. Listen to tracks that have been hot like Dreamland etc- those have insanely high energy. The next bit is something that I just cannot do and that is add diversity towards your mix. You want things that just stand out- even if they suck. Something to remember the track by so that when you're home and you hear it on the radio the next day after the DJ played it, you're like "fu.ck I remember what I was doing when that part came on!" For example probably the hottest trance producers now are Gabriel&Drensen- in which every track they touch they give it a completley worked over vibe and awesome feel. But if you tune into ASOT or something and then listen to the G&D mix of Mindcurious or Beachball, you'll really notice a difference- G&D have ed up parts in their songs that you wouldn't expect- this is what is really happening now. For example, at the end of the track when you have that 3 octave arp goin, just instantly stop and have that arp panning left to right while you have distorted bongos in the left ear and an organ bassline in the right---for 30 seconds then you snap back to the track and fade everything back in then WHAM you're at the melody again with all the parts, chaos is aloof, and people are ing going nuts.

Also shoot for a timeframe of around 6-8 minutes for an original mix- which will give you much more room to play with.

You've got it goin on mon- just helping you get in the right direction.

Andrew

Message 3/4             03-Nov-03  @  01:31 PM   -   RE: Finally, my original mix is done!

Design

Link?: Link

Thanks Andrew for the awesome review. I can always count on you man. If you need any reviews of your stuff, let me know.
I know exactly what you're talking about, but still I needed somebody to tell me. Sometimes you just feel that there is something missing but you don't know what until somebody talks to you.
Thanks again

Message 4/4             04-Nov-03  @  01:26 AM   -   RE: Finally, my original mix is done!

mcc>

Link?:  No link

what i don't get is that you don't want to "release" it yet...and yet you "release" it at mp3.com.?
?
i think we went thru this b4.

dt ain't good enough? or......you respect the bandwidth too much to add to the clutter?

these are major philosophical questions...if you ask me.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)