aaa accessing vsti multi outs in logic - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: accessing vsti multi outs in logic

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             10-Nov-03  @  01:08 PM   -   accessing vsti multi outs in logic

David Price

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello. I'm running Logic 5.5 on a PC. I have a vsti that comes with the option of 8 outputs. 1&2 and 3&4 are stereo and 5-8 are monos. However, when I click on outputs other than 1&2, I hear no sound coming through the relevant soundcard outputs. Is there a way I can set up a multi instrument in the Logic Environment that will enable me to route the 8 outputs of my VSTi into the 8 outputs of my 1st soundcard. This would really help my CPU cos I could just have one VSTi for all my hi hats and send them to the relevant channels on my desk for different reverb, delay and EQ settings. Thanks(alot) in advance.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             10-Nov-03  @  02:01 PM   -   RE: accessing vsti multi outs in logic

beds

Link?:  Link

yeah. you set them up with the aux objects, choose the input of the aux as the output of the vsti then route the aux to where ever you want, busses, soundcard outputs.

Message 3/7             10-Nov-03  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: accessing vsti multi outs in logic

David Price

Thanks for the swift reply beds. I’m crap with the environment, I can just about set up an outboard multi instrument. So do I use a muti instrument in the environment as the vsti then attach an aux channel to it via a cable? What your asking me to do is done within the environment rather than the (track?) mixer page that shows all VSTi/Plug-in tracks/faders?

Message 4/7             10-Nov-03  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: accessing vsti multi outs in logic

David Price

Thanks for the swift reply beds. I’m crap with the environment, I can just about set up an outboard multi instrument. So do I use a muti instrument in the environment as the vsti then attach an aux channel to it via a cable? What your asking me to do is done within the environment rather than the (track?) mixer page that shows all VSTi/Plug-in tracks/faders?

Message 5/7             10-Nov-03  @  03:35 PM   -   RE: accessing vsti multi outs in logic

beds

open that big page with all the faders. environment? not the mixer. insert a multiout vsti into a slot. then do new > aux object. (from the menus) then choose the input of that as instrument #1 or something adn the multi outsfrom the vsti will be there. then choose the output for the aux channel.

on and after you've done new > aux object. double click the little thing that appears on the window, it should turn into something looking like a channel.

Message 6/7             10-Nov-03  @  03:35 PM   -   RE: accessing vsti multi outs in logic

beds

open that big page with all the faders. environment? not the mixer. insert a multiout vsti into a slot. then do new > aux object. (from the menus) then choose the input of that as instrument #1 or something adn the multi outsfrom the vsti will be there. then choose the output for the aux channel.

on and after you've done new > aux object. double click the little thing that appears on the window, it should turn into something looking like a channel.

Message 7/7             10-Nov-03  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: accessing vsti multi outs in logic

beds

yay double posts. there's a walkthrough up here somewhere btw.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)