aaa New Trax...Test Drive - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New Trax...Test Drive

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             11-Nov-03  @  10:05 PM   -   New Trax...Test Drive

mrjoz

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

http://www.dancetech.com/~Joz

New user needin to know if i found the right type of place to air some trax. Pls feel free to try them and let me know what you think.

Ta

Joz!
mrjoz@comin-up.com

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             11-Nov-03  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: New Trax...Test Drive

mrjoz

Oops, the link ------------->>> web-linkhttp://www.dancetech.com/~Joz

Message 3/6             12-Nov-03  @  02:09 AM   -   RE: New Trax...Test Drive

Garuna

Link?:  Link

Of the ones I listened to, Smile is the best soundwise. In general I'd say you're experimenting.... keep doing it. You have good ideas and some cool sounds, but at some point you have to focus on making a song and not a string of changes.

Message 4/6             13-Nov-03  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: New Trax...Test Drive

GrooveMonkey

For me, I think Pulse has some potential. But like Garuna sez, you need to make a track and not a bunch of changes... Just pick a track and work with it and keep it simple

G

Message 5/6             14-Nov-03  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: New Trax...Test Drive

mrjoz

Ok, yep....i can handle those comments quite happily they were made with a real "overly slagged-off" program which was a good startin point for the basis of basics. An at the time (about a year an half ago) all the samples were pretty cool as far as i was concerned.

Now though, i've decided that Fruity Loops has more potencial for me and also enables me to work out the finer point of "making" the samples myself. Which i'm currently bangin my head on the wall with, cos its killin my computer every 5 mins.

But persistance is a virtue an i'm assured the riff is similar to the classic Café del Mar.

Cheers ne way.

ps, there is 2 versions of "Smile" & "Citro-Phonic"

Message 6/6             17-Nov-03  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: New Trax...Test Drive

mcc>

Link?:  No link

my feeling is that you have plenty of skills and a good sense for tune.
and drive.

what i think is required is a little expansiveness in regards to stepping out of your predominantly clubbish sound. somehow incorporate more you and less virus or whatever the coolist sound is...or perhaps a tad of the countryside or something which allows the listener to step OUT for a minute.

no longer is stepping INTO a club always so much like stepping away from reality for a bit....which it should be.

always just keep plugging away at it and have fun.....and don't rush.
the music will always be there.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)