aaa Souldesigner - live funky techno - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: Souldesigner - live funky techno

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             14-Nov-03  @  10:30 AM     Edit: 14-Nov-03  |  10:30 AM   -   Souldesigner - live funky techno

milan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Yo, came across this while trawling the net... ^^^

"A very special treat here, courtesy of our fine friend, and master of deep melodic techno, Fabrice Lig. Recorded live at last years Montreaux Jazz Festival, Fabrice and partners in crime Jean Vanesse & Vincent Warren deliver 50 minutes of searing, storming Hi-Tech Funk, complete with live Latin percussion - driving, soulful and outrageously funky, we cannot recommend this highly enough!"

check it out if you dig live funkyness/quirkyness. geezer is pretty good methinks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             14-Nov-03  @  10:32 AM   -   RE: Souldesigner - live funky techno

milan

and here is the official website...^

Message 3/9             15-Nov-03  @  02:30 PM   -   RE: Souldesigner - live funky techno

milan

*cough*

Message 4/9             15-Nov-03  @  10:37 PM   -   RE: Souldesigner - live funky techno

queasy00

Link?:  Link

hey.. man.. sounds so polished (for live).

-j

Message 5/9             18-Nov-03  @  12:40 PM   -   RE: Souldesigner - live funky techno

milan

yeah... sounds pretty good.

too bad no one else likes their techno funky :P

Message 6/9             19-Nov-03  @  12:34 AM   -   RE: Souldesigner - live funky techno

Pongoid

I dunno, call me whatever you want, but I'm not that impressed to be honest. It's clean, pollished, and kinda typical. He knows his stuff, but I wouldn't call it particularly funky. It sounds like it wants to be funky, but....I think he needs to spend a litte more time living around African Americans and getting a feel for what the funk really is. The sound quality is definately good, I can't fault him one bit on his mix..everything is very well placed. If he really did that all live then he must have rehearsed his ass off, and probably used a digital mixer with a lot of scenes to recall. I noticed he also had his compressor on things pretty tightly. Technique aside, I doubt I would dance to it. That's me.

Ape

Message 7/9             19-Nov-03  @  01:04 AM   -   RE: Souldesigner - live funky techno

influx

Link?:  Link

I gave it a listen...nothin really caught my attention except some of the synth riffs, but they sounded like SnH LFOs to me...not someone playin...

other than that, with a limited knowledge of what "good techno" is...I wasnt really feelin much of this..it sounded really dated in a harold faltermeyer kinda way.

Ill listen again, no doubt...

just uninitiated?

Message 8/9             19-Nov-03  @  07:57 AM   -   RE: Souldesigner - live funky techno

milan

aaaah.... picky bastards!

hey, whatever you guys say... i'm *SO* out of techno scene, and esp. live that it took me ages to find something good on the net, so dont mind me liking it. now... if you know better (as i'm sure you do), dont hesitate to steer me in the direction of some good music, esp. if its the melodic kind (and no, not your own sets Ape, i've listened to those plenty of times already :P). anyone knows where to find some Titonton Duvante for example?

oh and: "needs to spend a litte more time living around African Americans"... well, the bloke is Belgian, so thats about as far from AA as it gets, so there might be something in what you said...

regards, m.

Message 9/9             19-Nov-03  @  09:22 PM   -   RE: Souldesigner - live funky techno

Mindspawn

Belgium has some of the coolest synth freaks....

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot