aaa uh another self voter - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: uh another self voter

Viewing all 43 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/43             19-Nov-03  @  04:06 PM   -   uh, another self voter

Keef

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

came from nothing, Joz suddenly 1, 2, 3 & 5 in the chart.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/43             19-Nov-03  @  04:40 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

milan

Link?: Link

so whats it to you?

Message 3/43             19-Nov-03  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

k

ah - but Square Bear is creeping up - heh heh

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/43             19-Nov-03  @  05:49 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

GrooveMonkey

Oh um oh dear!!!!

no-one gives a stuff about the chart. Its a larf!

G

Message 5/43             19-Nov-03  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

keef

ok something has got to be wrong with the chart, suddenly the other songs are back again. is someone voting at all?

Message 6/43             19-Nov-03  @  11:15 PM     Edit: 19-Nov-03  |  11:26 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

steve_worswick

ah - but Square Bear is creeping up - heh heh

Is that a dig at me by any chance? To tell you the truth I'd forgot about this place until I got an email yesterday saying someone had voted for my track. I've only come on here to see why. I have no interest in the chart here as all it proves is who is the best self voter. It shows nothing about the music. Thanks to anyone who voted but I can assure you it wasn't me.

I should really take this track down now as it's out on vinyl. I managed to get it signed to an independent label earlier this year.

*EDIT* Track removed.

Message 7/43             20-Nov-03  @  12:38 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

mcc>

oooh track played by ukranians......accepted warmly.

forgot about dt....to be honest.

you should omit track because it's on vinyl.

Message 8/43             20-Nov-03  @  04:26 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

influx

Link?:  Link

damn, we sure are..uh...localistic here 

hell even I forgot about the darn chart thing.

but...lets have another round! its fun to see people get wound up when theyre accused of voting for themselves! wheres that one guy...gromyko?!?!?

Message 9/43             20-Nov-03  @  12:20 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

GrooveMonkey

Yeah.. lets just all self vote like mad and really piss him off!

Message 10/43             20-Nov-03  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

steve_worswick

oooh track played by ukranians......accepted warmly.

forgot about dt....to be honest.

you should omit track because it's on vinyl.

WTF?? Are you proving you can read? Well done, mummy will be pleased!
I see you have 2 tracks in the chart. I wonder how they got there? hmm...

No offence guys, but what's with the shit?

Message 11/43             20-Nov-03  @  03:25 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

PB

"but...lets have another round! its fun to see people get wound up when theyre accused of voting for themselves!"

looks like you already got this guy even though no one has even accused him yet!

Message 12/43             20-Nov-03  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

milan

oh bollox... i fvcking hate it when i type a reply and then lose it!!!

yo sqaure-bear geezer... some folks here just tend to get a bit paranoid when someone they dont know is climbing our little (and pretty much meaningless) chart, especially the word trance is mentioned... do forgive them  

yo... i see you like yanna kay eh? i spoke to a ukrainian dnb producer once, she was on a wicked tune for them... some interesting shit they got going on there... so never mind the stupid comments on this site :P

Message 13/43             20-Nov-03  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

Jock

how do you submit a track for the chat ?

Message 14/43             20-Nov-03  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

stuff

speaking of ukraine.. never trust an ukrainian (named viktor). ok now i'm revealing what a fool i am, but i payed $500 to a guy in kiev for studiomonitors...never got 'em, of course!
pleez don't pick on me ;) i've suffered enough from this by living on noodles and water.

Message 15/43             20-Nov-03  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

milan

like i said... "some interesting shit they got going on there"

Message 16/43             20-Nov-03  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

Broken Silence

i havent looked at the chart in months

Message 17/43             20-Nov-03  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

k

ah Square Bear - I think it's a great track - I've been playing it all week - heheh -& I voted for it - very pro mate - quality even if it's not my preferred taste -

Message 18/43             20-Nov-03  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

k

btw - I added it to the TRANCEY STUFF compilation of the music section front-page - add some more man!

Message 19/43             20-Nov-03  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

k

I don't beleive it! - he's bloody removed it!!!!!!!!!!! - shit man

Message 20/43             20-Nov-03  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

k

bloody geat guys - well done

Message 21/43             20-Nov-03  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

milan

Message 22/43             21-Nov-03  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

mcc>

k?....the guy said he was gonna nix the track before we even said anything.......just because it's ON VINYL.
like who needs dt once one gets signed?

now what a friggin twat. oh...he forgot about dt.....quite honestly.
what a puss.
and you're worried about losing the monkey?

geeez.

milan.......read carefully.

Message 23/43             21-Nov-03  @  01:12 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

PB

"like who needs dt once one gets signed?"

You are saying once you get signed you would leave the DT community?

Message 24/43             21-Nov-03  @  01:30 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

k

no I think he left cos he thought he was being accused of self voting - I mean .. generaly there's way too much hostility & agro on these forums - why cant people chill

Message 25/43             21-Nov-03  @  01:33 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

mcc>

this is what the guy said when he posted...not me.

i happen to think dt is a perfect place to give peeps a free taste of your stuff....and evenif you have stuff for sale.

what the guy said made no sense to me even though it obviously did to others.

oh...and upon inspection and in response.....i have songs on the chart because i have one or two listeners who like my music and believe they belong. i also get stragglers who occasionally comment on the music too...... generally in favor.
from what i know there may even be a couple more remixes in the works.
i'm so sorry about this

Message 26/43             21-Nov-03  @  01:53 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

mcc>

THIS is HIS quote:

I should really take this track down now as it's out on vinyl. I managed to get it signed to an independent label earlier this year.

*EDIT* Track removed

(end of quote)

it's done with. he's signed and he's happy and don't need dt...that's for sure.

Message 27/43             21-Nov-03  @  08:52 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

milan

Clay... go see doctor Quagmire... guy took the track down because it was signed, but he fucked off because of the accusations.

it pisses me off that ppl here think that everyone who uses the music section also has to be our 'buddy' and participate in the forums... ooer forum police

Message 28/43             21-Nov-03  @  10:54 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

Square Bear

I took the track down as I don't like being accused of chart rigging.
I also don't like being called a friggin twat!

The fact that I got it signed or not has nothing to do with it. I'm still a member of loads of music forums and will continue to be so as long as I am able.
Whether you believe me or not mcc, I didn't vote for it myself and yes I had forgotten about this place until I received a mail saying that someone had voted for it. Seems to me that if people like your track here and start voting for it you are deemed to be rigging the chart.
I don't need that hassle. Sorry.

Message 29/43             21-Nov-03  @  10:56 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

Square Bear

I meant to add a thank you to whoever it was who e-mailed me last night. Thanks for your support.

Message 30/43             21-Nov-03  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

mcc>

my point of view is this:

1) i NEVER accused you of self-voting. k~ voted for your track.....
as he does on occasion to see a little variety up here....quite often from dt's colorful past. i have no idea how another person could see this song up on the chart and therefor conclude it must be a self-vote? something to do with super-intelligence.. .......i'm figuring.
2) i happen to NOT care if people self-vote themselves onto the chart.
it does bemuse me and annoy me a bit when someone as eager as ____ seems bent on having five-in-a-row or something but hey....i'd rather call the guy out privately as it's usually a newbie and therefor generally uninformed as to the code-of-ethics? around here. i don't have this problem as i have a small cult in east germany which insists i remain visible at dt. THEY vote for me. sorry.
3) i think dt is a great place to have people do a trial-run of one's music especially if one is trying to promote it....even if it's for money. i happen to believe turning your back on the place AFTER/BECAUSE? you get signed is a reflection of something less-than-admirable. then suggesting you FORGOT? about the place is pretty smug.
could it have been that this site actually helped you towards exposure? perhaps you met some people who encouraged your efforts here? prompting you to go on?
so you "forget" about them?.....that seems to be the general rule.
4) i agree you had every right to defend yourself from needless innuendo
regards the self-vote thing....but your response should've been to respect the party who voted for your track and leave it be. they voted for it for a reason.
i only responded to your assessment and the manner in which you sort of slagged a site which i feel is a vital component to getting one's music heard for free in this world.
5) even if i had twenty releases.....i'd still be here every week with some new idea/beat&tune/mix to share as that is the beauty of the place. sorry to those...#!?
you can basically f*kH all and still have an ear or two take it in and have a laugh.
no worries about label's ability to work it in to its image....etc.
whether it works with this week's trend is etc.

perhaps for no other reason is this (dt) possibly the most valuable place in the world.
even if half of us are twats.
=sweet milan.......i never suggested the guy needed to be part of this forum. i'm not sure where you got THAT from.
but you're cute to try. and you do.

6) i notice a general tendency for those most rabid in their self-vote accusations to
need to get at the mixing-board a little more diligently....and produce something and quit always pointing fingers when you're simply wrong more-often-than-not.
perhaps something with a beat and tune that people can enjoy.

Message 31/43             21-Nov-03  @  02:47 PM     Edit: 21-Nov-03  |  02:57 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

k

it was me SquareBear... who wrote to you.

& now guys, the upshot of this debacle is that a track I added to one of the front-page 'Compilation Playlists' for visitors (Trancey Stuff) has been pulled - *sigh*

well there ya go, like I said, you dont have to be psychic to see why people pull tracks under such circumstances, it was OBVIOUSLY nothing to do with the track being 'signed' out on vinyl.

I think SOME of the people here could do with a reality check where the whole music biz is concerned

How the fuck do you think the REAL music biz works ? - Do you REALLY beleive what is in the 'charts' on TV or at DOTmusic or wherever represents the reality of the public's buying? - why is the Pepsi chart different to the Music-Week chart? - Are Tesco's or Asda stores included in the chart shop sample list? -

Plugging companies compete heavily with each other to hype their tracks all over the country, radio stations get backhanders, people are courted and sometimes bribed, sometimes threatened subtley or blatently, the whole industry isnt about a true representation of what people are buying at all in most cases.

I just think people need a reality check & I think that people need to KNOW the difference between the odd incidents we've had here where someone has consistantly self-voted their track such as Gromyko and when this is NOT the case.... WE can take care of the Gromyko's of this world... leave that to us.

Look-it..... if I or any other person browses the music here... (do you ever do that????)... and finds a track they like, then they clip it into their basket and play it - Then they vote for it, mebbe each day - so WHAT!!!!

that's what the chart is about on ANY site... you cant stop people voting for a track they like.

So please... stop-it already with this site police shit, because I tell you straight, any more of it and I'm clamping down HARD around here.

Sometimes life is bigger than our own personal requirements of taste.

The new site is coming - Me and Zazza have worked our fucking BOLLOX off for this site music facility AND the new forthcoming www.7161.com site -

The bank has given us merchant facilities - do you know what that means?..

it means people can then BUY these Site compilations -

it means visitors can compile their OWN compilations & then BUY those compilations - all we'd have to do is get you guys to send master files in for creation of the master CD

it means YOU people can cough up a small annual fee and SELL your CD's direct -

yup that means you can sell your CD's from home and take credit card payments - ANY of you !! -

It also means ANY small bedroom label can use the facility on 7161 to take card payments and sell their CD's without having to fuck about trying to get that facility from their bank. (no chance in most cases - try it sometime!)

and that can happen on the USER-HOMEPAGES outside of the site too - so it's possible people can use the site to setup a 'Homepage' - build, manage and sell CD albums by simply adding tracks and compiling the CD's and steering clients by whatever means of their OWN promotion to that 'Homepage' URL

of course if you THINK about it - because any user HOMEPAGE resides in its OWN www directory - it's also quite possible for them to direct a domain-name to that user HOMEPAGE too if they want.

There's no telling what could happen

It means - just mebbe - that we could be starting to see the reality of a music label here because with the popularity of the site and the traffic we get there's absolutly NO reason why we cant go with that and try to build it.

Therefor it is logicaly encumbant on the participants to be mature about the whole thing is it not?

I would suggest that mebbe sometime, people browsed the music here..... there is thousands of tracks added to this site without any promotion for the site so-far - some I never heard before and I'm sure you didnt listen to them all either!

dont worry about people who come and fuck about trying to bend all the rules - we've had one idiot you don't know about for example who titles all their tracks to appear first in searches, who fucks up things by adding stupid text into their descriptions, who add's themselves into every genre to desperately try to be seen more

is their music any good?... no - it utterly sucks a whale's knob - and nothing they do will change that fact!!

so I suggest, let natural justice do it's work or do you beleive that people are so stupid that enuff hiking & browbeating can make you 'like' their music?

I dont think so somehow...

Now... SquareBear's track - It's not my preferred genre in music, I prefer other dance genre's to uplifting trance, I prefer more underground classic trance if it comes to it... BUT I can see a well crafted track when I hear one.

However, one of the things I had to do was create some example playlist compilations for various styles/genres - and without doubt his track is up there - well crafted, professionaly done, good hook (I can remember it)

My suggestion is that you can learn alot from tracks like that EVEN IF you happen to like OTHER genre's of music. Because, beleive it or not, ALL genre's pretty much follow the same rules from dance to rock

Once the NEW site is running YOU people can get together (as some of the guys already are now on one comp Project in the Projects section) to create compilations as a group - These comps can be promoted and people who want to CAN BUY THEM.

Jesus - I dont want to admin this site forever - I want to piss off to the french countryside and paint, eat cheese and guzzle du Vin - The site has to get to a point where it is a self sustaining co-op - & that requires some discipline - I mean if I get run over by a truck like my uncle did, or drop dead like some of my mates have done, or die of cancer like my pop did.... then what?...

it cant just fall apart.

Part of this remit is that we require a steady INCOMING flow of quality music in ALL styles - The new site can cater for rock/metal/indy acoustic/Jazz/world and whatever music - so even within your own prefered genre you have to realise you are part of a larger whole -

So, that requires that NEW people are welcomed and offered respect even IF they choose NOT to buddy with other people or become part of the daily forum life.

I mean seriously ... we need some 'customer-care' training round here!

It's like life imo....

Despite the rampant promotion of such an idea by the 'western democracies' , we do NOT live in a world where we are free to do what we like....

We are part of an organic whole with which we have to harmonise.

Right now, we are in a precarious position - large corporations are taking over - it is encumbant on people to try to stabilise to keep alive some sort of indy scene.

ok... carry on.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 32/43             21-Nov-03  @  04:04 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

Square Bear

Ok, maybe I got a little hot-headed myself as well. I'm not well known here by any means and in fact have only posted once before to promote my track, so I can see where anyone thought it may have been a self vote.
You annoyed me with your "oooh track played by ukranians......accepted warmly." as I found it very sarcastic. That was one of my early career highlights and I didn't appreciate the patronising comment.

The only part I do disagree with you though is that you don't believe I had forgotten about dancetech. I apologise if that fact upsets you but do you realise the number of message boards I've had to sign up to in order to promote my music? Do you realise how many months and in fact years I've been plugging away with my music and only now have it noticed by a label. I'm now busy with remix work, promoting my record and writing new material for possible release. Jeez, I've even had my music appear on a "dance machine" simulator. I just don't have time to visit every message board I've ever discovered through google but I certainly don't mean it as any disrespect to the site.

You don't know me but anyone who does would tell you that I would NEVER turn my back on someone who had helped me. I made a post here when I uploaded "Run Away" about a year ago and got a few good responses to the track as I had done on many, many message boards. As hard as I try to keep up with all the promotional work, I'm afraid some sites slip the net as is the case here.

I don't particularly want to turn this into a flame war and I'll probably upload some more music in the future but I get a lot of flack from non-fans and I think I probably lost it a little this time.

*Square Bear offers to shake hands and forget about this?*

Message 33/43             21-Nov-03  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

Square Bear

I meant to add that this was the only other post I've made here:
http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/forums/thread.cfm?threadid=31656&chatter_id=30&age=700
As you can see, I helped someone out with a software recommendation so please don't make me out to be some kind of big, bad wolf character.

Message 34/43             21-Nov-03  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

beds

i got no pizza left but i did defrost a steak last night so it's nice welsh beef and chips for me.

i'm gonna post a slew of 1 minute 30 second long tracks about poodles driving and people falling over on skis next week, full of samples and loops (apart from a couple) then i'm gonna get somebody to vote them to the top of the charts. then i'm gonna vote myself once a day to keep them up there. then i'll get bored and stop doing it.

at which point is someone going to start a heated debate about it all?

i'll pop in and talk about what i'm having for dinner again anytime  

Message 35/43             22-Nov-03  @  01:53 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

mcc>

it's about time beds!!!!! i know you got it in you and i can't wait.

as for you square bear....my hand....in return. shake~
i'm a sarcastic prick at times...sure... but only when a point requires making and i felt it did.
and no NOW you certainly made your point.

and k made his point......and i think this is the bottom-line_ for all that it's worth.
make tracks....try to make decent tracks. try to listen. try to support each other. try to even vote for each other if it's an honest vote. apathy sucks...ahem.
and finger-pointing is not a cure.

but the best point k made is this and i quote:

I dont want to admin this site forever - I want to piss off to the french countryside and paint, eat cheese and guzzle du Vin

Message 36/43             22-Nov-03  @  06:44 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

Broken Silence

weren't there a few trancers around here who went big then pissed on us by not coming back showing support?

(not making any referance to you SquareBear!! hehe :D)

Message 37/43             22-Nov-03  @  06:50 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

influx

hey square...

I was kinda the one that started the initial witch hunt..and it really was justified in a way, but got way out of hand...

theres just this...pathetic feel to the obvious voting. But having a couple new tracks up doesnt necessarily imply that, does it?

I mean...clays been in the charts for a LONG time...and I really doubt he clicks that little box every day.

some people DO tho..and its gay.

if you want a scary read..check out the "Im gonna say it again, track votes" thread that I started. Some interesting loss of control there.

congrats on the career leap...not too sure about the Dance Machine or whatever   but its nice to hear that your perseverance is paying off for you!

Message 38/43             22-Nov-03  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

k

yeah - well anyways once this is all working the guys can get together and make more comp's - we can setup a comp page featuring the albums - outside tracks can always be brought in it, simply means the artists has to upload the track to include. So wheover's putting these comp's together could bring in tracks if required from people they know who dont use the site.

trust me - you only have to show some regular sales, even small, and you'll get investors to push the label further along.

Incidently - did you know the server site we live on (www.thebunker.net) is owned by Ben Laurie - Zazza's known him along time - Him and his mates did the Interface Pirate Radio
http://interface.pirate-radio.org/ (remember?) who were the worlds first internet pirate radio... who knows' what can happen.

Message 39/43             22-Nov-03  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

milan

interface!!! yes mate... i was so into them, thanks for poting that link.... i was trying to remember what they were called just recently  

and yes K... good luck with replacing mp3.com ;)

Message 40/43             22-Nov-03  @  10:40 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

milan

oops... meant posting

Message 41/43             22-Nov-03  @  11:45 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

BluStudio

Airscape guys used to post here, along with a few others before the site got revamped andrew-

had cool pics of there studios too, but think they pissed off for an entirely diff reason than getting a few recs out , you know what im saying.

blu

Message 42/43             22-Nov-03  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: uh another self voter

k

well we're hardly going to replace mp3.com, but the more indy places the better i reckon.

Message 43/43             22-Nov-03  @  12:49 PM   -   RE: uh another self voter

milan

yeah... you're right... but how about a Trancetech.com then?  

Viewing all 43 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

There are 43 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)