aaa Routing midi clock to multiple outs - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Routing midi clock to multiple outs

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             26-Nov-03  @  06:33 PM   -   Routing midi clock to multiple outs

DeDMaN

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

I have the same problem in both Sonar and Fruityloops. I'd like to have the software send a midi clock signal to multiple midi output ports at the same time but the software only allows me to choose one port. For example, in Fruityloops, I'd like for it to send clock to both my Access Virus and my JP-8000 hardware synths so that their arpeggiators sync up with fruity's drums. I'd also like fruity to still be able to drive those devices via tracks... as it is, it seems that I can send clock OR midi data but not both. Is there any sofware that will intercept the midi clock from one port (maybe a virtual port?) and send it out to multiple ports? If not software, then maybe I need a different midi interface capable of this. Right now I'm using a 2/2 motu flyer and winXP pro.

Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             26-Nov-03  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: Routing midi clock to multiple outs

craig

Link?: Link

It's too bad you didn't go for a bigger MOTU. Everything from the MicroExpress on up distributes MIDI Clock to all outputs automagically (in hardware).

Message 3/7             26-Nov-03  @  10:00 PM   -   RE: Routing midi clock to multiple outs

psylichon

Link?: Link

yeah the one-out-for-clock thing been the plague of cakewalk for ages, but they fixed it finally with sonar 3.0

short of that, i would think you'd need a midi splitter to split the clock, and then midi mergers for each unit that you wanted to send the clock to (for they should already have their own midi port which needs to be merged with the clok cable)

don't even know if this will work, though, and it's probably a lot easier and cheaper to upgrade to the newest sonar if you own it.

Message 4/7             27-Nov-03  @  02:29 PM   -   RE: Routing midi clock to multiple outs

DeDMaN

Link?:  No link

Really, I didn't know that about the Motu's. I guess if I can't find software to do it, then upgrading to the higher motu is my next option. I wish I would've known about that back when I bought this one!

Message 5/7             28-Nov-03  @  05:09 PM   -   RE: Routing midi clock to multiple outs

psylichon

Link?:  Link

or, um.... upgrading sonar?

Message 6/7             29-Nov-03  @  04:22 AM   -   RE: Routing midi clock to multiple outs

craig

Cheap plug - I've got a MOTU MicroExpress on ebay right now (upgraded to a MIDI Timepiece)

-Craig

Message 7/7             30-Nov-03  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: Routing midi clock to multiple outs

admin

couldn't he use Hubbi's type virtual port?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)