aaa Midnight prelude in e minor... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Midnight prelude in e minor...

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             06-Dec-03  @  10:55 AM     Edit: 06-Dec-03  |  10:57 AM   -   Midnight prelude in e minor...

JJ Freqy

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

This is an orchestral piece that I wrote "Midnight Prelude in e minor". It was meant to have an opening credit type feel for something like Edward Scissor hands or The Nightmare Before Christmas... It's a prelude that sets the theme for a bigger piece that I will write very soon, I'll have the piece scored on paper soon too.

It is 2 minutes and 33 seconds and the mp3 is in 96/ 44 so a some of the sparkle is gone. Any comments are appreciated, thank you for your time!

JJ Freqy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             06-Dec-03  @  11:28 PM   -   RE: Midnight prelude in e minor...

mcc>

this would easily work well during an opening credit/scene in a john woo/david lynch way. idyllic, and yet a little underlying queasiness.....suggested in most subtle manner.

there's a story ready to unfold.

it'll be interesting to see what comes next>

i think a little more effect towards the end to suggest a slight warping of everything we know to be true....?

still to come?
nice>

Message 3/13             07-Dec-03  @  08:25 AM   -   RE: Midnight prelude in e minor...

jj freqy

Link?:  Link

Wow, thank you for your comments... it's one of my first attempts at this, but this is what I want to do. I'm currently going to school for composition. I just started so I'm excited to see what happens when I get a litttle/ lot more training under my belt... thanks again!

jj

Message 4/13             09-Dec-03  @  09:51 AM   -   RE: Midnight prelude in e minor...

GrooveMonkey

Hmmm. very cool indeed, chilled, nice vibe.

I figure it needs a bit more developmebt, but its def cool

G

Message 5/13             09-Dec-03  @  10:07 PM   -   RE: Midnight prelude in e minor...

JJ Freqy

Thanks agian! Yeah, I admit it is a bit minimal, but I just wanted it to be a short piece that I could get done with... a motivational piece if you will. Now, I'll be working on something new that will have more elements to it!

J

Message 6/13             12-Dec-03  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: Midnight prelude in e minor...

Broken Silence

sounds really good..very nice progression. whenever the drums come in you got these orchestral stabs that are too "video game" sounding. otherwise the track's great. I would really suggest taking those stabs out then making it longer!  

short tracks nowadays at dt, huh?

Message 7/13             12-Dec-03  @  03:47 PM   -   RE: Midnight prelude in e minor...

JJ Freqy

Thanks Broken! Yeah, I'm actually searching for a few different ways to get a set of more realastic soudning set of orcehstral instruments. Thanks again!

JJ

Message 8/13             18-Dec-03  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: Midnight prelude in e minor...

queasy00

hey, cool stuff... definately has the open credit feel, or even the shit-happened-so-character-takes-a-walk-to-think-about-it feel.

maybe instead of getting realistic sounds use electronic ones? i mean, not electronic ones that imitate real ones, but purely electronic-style sounds? probably not what you're going for but maybe it'd be interesting... then again.. maybe not.

-j

Message 9/13             19-Dec-03  @  06:39 AM   -   RE: Midnight prelude in e minor...

jj freqy

Thanks Queasy! Well, what I'm trying to do is get as realistic as I can on the instruments. I know that the horns sound synth'd, but I've found it very hard to get real hrons out of electronic equipment. I've found the ins and outs of it now, I'll post something new soon. Thanks again!

J

Message 10/13             19-Dec-03  @  11:54 PM   -   RE: Midnight prelude in e minor...

Tom

Link?:  No link

JJ,

Very cool. It good to hear a diff style once in a while.

It does need some more polishing, but the arrangement sounds good.

Hmm, for more realistic instrument emulations you may want to look at something like:

Yamaha VL1
Yamaha VL7
Yamaha vl70-m

Along with Yamaha breath controller BC3, or similar.

But really, any synth with a breath controller attached will allow you to add more expression.

There is nothing out there that does emulations as good as the above.

Tom

Message 11/13             20-Dec-03  @  02:59 AM   -   RE: Midnight prelude in e minor...

fireofmind

Have you heard of the Symphonic Orchestra software by EastWest?

Check this out: http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-155

The audio demos sound absolutely awesome.

I want it myself!

Cara

Message 12/13             20-Dec-03  @  03:22 AM   -   RE: Midnight prelude in e minor...

queasy00

actually, i remember psy going apeshit long long time ago about some strings he got that he loved.... i forgot what it was tho.. ask him about it.

-j

Message 13/13             21-Dec-03  @  02:05 PM   -   RE: Midnight prelude in e minor...

JJ Freqy

thanks for the info, i'll definitly check that out for the orchestra! thanks again!

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)