aaa Optimizing windows for logic - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Optimizing windows for logic

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             24-Jan-04  @  07:51 PM   -   Optimizing windows for logic

miscible

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm running logic audio on an AMD athlon and using the Phase 28 soundcard.. Keep in mind all I'm going to use the computor for is recording and the internet. I'm Triing to determine which OS would be best. I'm currently using XP but heard 2000 PRO might be better. Any suggestions as to which one and how to optimize it OS for logic?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             26-Jan-04  @  12:46 AM   -   RE: Optimizing windows for logic

steve

Link?: Link

don't know anything about 2k, but the link above has some tips for tuning xp for music stuff which is well worth giving a run through.

Message 3/4             26-Jan-04  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: Optimizing windows for logic

milan

Link?: Link

you also might wanna try this to see what services you dont need in XP:

www.blackviper.com

Message 4/4             26-Jan-04  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: Optimizing windows for logic

k

Link?:  No link

there's no particular tweaks for 'Logic' per-se - tweaks are just general tweaks which apply to all music s/w.

Frankly, with power so plentiful now and ram so cheap, I tend to simply do the basic tweaks when building a new box and that's that. I dont think the services tweaks (apart from the major un-used ones such as UPS ) will add more than 1% extra oomph which is negligable when you have gobs of power for peanuts - even an xp2400 chip will run a slew of bigger brand-name synths and samplers while only flickering the PCU meter at around 10-15%, and that's a cheap PC now at around 300-350 quid to build the basic box.

If using XP, make sure you do the L2 Cache enable tweak and if XP-Pro do the 20% bandwidth reserve tweak (both in PC-WARE section 'PC TIPS & TRICKS here - Vipers site is good for the services... just check stuff out, turn off all your windows effects (right click 'My Computer' icon - properties - advanced - performance settings) and just leave on the 'Smooth edges of screen fonts'

Tweaks like a dedicated cache partition are probably as useful

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)