aaa Which Juno, if any - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Which Juno, if any

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             18-Feb-04  @  08:31 PM   -   Which Juno, if any

Bastiaan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Thinking about getting a 60 or a 106....but will the hassle of adding midi to the 60
be worth the warmer sound this unit supposedly has? Any ideas?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             19-Feb-04  @  03:29 AM   -   RE: Which Juno, if any

panama

Link?:  No link

the old juno 60 does sound warmer... but the 106 filter sounds unreal.

juno 60 = warm pads and basses. bread and butter synth sounds.

juno 106 = very nasal but still warm. cuts the mix better than the 6 or 60. versatile. digital like

I've owned both. I still own the 106 after 3 years. If your into VCO's, get the 60. If you dont care, get the 106

Message 3/6             24-Feb-04  @  09:35 AM   -   RE: Which Juno, if any

0dB

Mmmmm, happy 106 owner myself. Never been in any way displeased with the sound, sure the DCO's might shave a little fatness off (and it is a little, I had a play on a 60 at Christmas and while they sound different I must admit I couldn't say one was 'better' than the other) but its still full of analouge warmth and lovelyness and the MIDI is a god send.

Message 4/6             24-Feb-04  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: Which Juno, if any

steve

I thought the 60 used dcos too?

Message 5/6             25-Feb-04  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: Which Juno, if any

bas

supposedly the 60 is more reliable...or at least it's parts (the filter or dco chips) are easier to replace (find)?

Message 6/6             26-Feb-04  @  05:23 PM   -   RE: Which Juno, if any

Pongoid

The 60 sounds better IMO. Bigger, fatter, warmer, nicer...VERY rich sounding synth, even if it does only have one ENV. The 60 is better than the six because A) it can store patches, and B) it accepts DCB commands. You can get a convertor from Kenton to go from MIDI to DCB and it works just fine. The ^ does not have this option. You HAVE to play it, which isn't so bad if you're willing to go through as many takes as required to get the track to sound right. Thus...I'd say get the 60 and the Kenton box. The 106 is ok, butkinda falls to second place.

Ape

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)