aaa SX Help please - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: SX Help please

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             21-Mar-04  @  11:22 PM   -   SX Help please

Mink aka.diamondroof aka.component

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Shit, it's been a long time since I've posted anything on this site. I used to spend hours of my day on the good ol dancetech.... Anywho here's my problem which may (I hope) be an easy one to figure out. I'm playing, say, a baseline that's intended to be a 4 measure loop on my keyboard. When trying to record it on Cubase the loop goes back to the 1st measure and all the notes become muddled. Most of the time they all go to the beginning of the first measure and hold to the end of the loop. Is there some certain button/feature/setting I'm missing? Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

I'm very new to computer sequencing. Just after 9 years of hardware have finally made the switch.

I'm using 1.6

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             22-Mar-04  @  01:06 AM   -   RE: SX Help please

k

click on the CYCLE mode icon (left of the transport bar)

choose STACKED

each time it cycles it records a new 'take'

when you click stop you'll see them all stacked by take-number verticaly

the 'takes' regions are also shown in the audio pool below the actual linear audio file you just recorded as one long recording (as it looped round and round)

Message 3/5             22-Mar-04  @  01:07 AM   -   RE: SX Help please

k

welcome back btw!!  

Message 4/5             22-Mar-04  @  01:31 AM   -   RE: SX Help please

Mink

I'm going out to the studioright now to try it.

Life without internet has been hard. That's what I get for moving back to the vacant desert. Word, it's nice to be back K. This is hands down thee best electronic music resource on the internet!

Message 5/5             22-Mar-04  @  02:18 AM   -   RE: SX Help please

Mink

Shit, no go...... When I select the loop icon I don't get a staked option. K what does the icon look like? To the left of the transport I have {AQ} {\} {Q} {/}. To the left of that I have, Rec Mode with the options of Normal or Merge on top. Below that I have Cycle Rec with the options of Mix and Overwrite on top. I missing something I know. I've checked through and can not find a Stacked feature.

Thank you again,

Alex

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)