aaa PIONEER_DJM 600-Parts availability? - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: PIONEER_DJM 600-Parts availability?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             25-May-04  @  08:58 PM   -   PIONEER_DJM 600-Parts availability?      [Link: PIONEER - DJM 600]

anthony

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have a DJM-600 with a broken volume fader (don't ask how it happened...) called Pioneer parts and apparently the only parts they offer for this $1000 mixer are the crossfader, power cord and switch.

Anyone have info as to where I can obtain a replacement fader for this unit?

Thanks,
Anthony

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             25-May-04  @  11:04 PM   -   RE: PIONEER_DJM 600-Parts availability?

milan

Link?: Link

that sounds ridiculous. call them again and ask for their boss. i'm sure they'll find a spare fader for you ;)

Message 3/6             25-May-04  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: PIONEER_DJM 600-Parts availability?

milan

oh btw... on some mixers crossfader and faders are interchangeable, so chek if that works on yours. if yes, then you're sorted.

Message 4/6             26-May-04  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: PIONEER_DJM 600-Parts availability?

anthony

Yeah, I think it's a bit ridiculous also... I think the reasoning is that they want you to use their authorized repair centers.

Each fader on the thing has a different connector orientation and different part number because of the connector arrangement.... so you couldn't have just one replacement fader for all the volume faders. I've never seen such blatant disregard for field serviceablility.... well, at least not on something that costs over a grand.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

AC

Message 5/6             26-May-04  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: PIONEER_DJM 600-Parts availability?

k

not sure where you are, but i think you'll find it's not legal to restrict sales of parts to customers if they exist.

but otherwise, see what make the actual fader is by removing it, no doubt it's made by a 3rd party who might have a replacement

but as said above hassle them first.. I know i would create merry hell if my 1000 quid mixer could get spares unless it was really anchient and long out of production.

Message 6/6             27-May-04  @  01:19 AM   -   RE: PIONEER_DJM 600-Parts availability?

milan

yeah, that sounds outright outrageous

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)