aaa New DnB track. Bump This! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New DnB track. Bump This!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             17-Aug-04  @  05:37 PM   -   New DnB track. Bump This!

SoundByte

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello, Im new here.

Just sorting out my profile and uploading some more tracks.

Finished uploading one which you can hear in my profile.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             18-Aug-04  @  01:54 AM   -   RE: New DnB track. Bump This!

SoundByte

This is the link to the track.

Bump This!

Message 3/9             18-Aug-04  @  03:12 AM   -   RE: New DnB track. Bump This!

Garuna

Link?: Link

Wow. This is very good. Right up untill that square bass. Is it out of key? Otherwise, some great ideas. But you need to think of the track as a song. Where you use the intro, middle squary part and the last sawy part in a combination. Think of it as a plate of food. Would you eat all the salt first then all the carrotts then a whole glass of milk and then the steak? No. But that's what listening to this is like. (Don't worry - you will get weirder advice than this) Welcome to dancetech.

Message 4/9             18-Aug-04  @  09:40 AM   -   RE: New DnB track. Bump This!

casparproject

Well, I'd have to disagree there. One of the other great things about dt is that the
opinions and views on music can be as varied as the music we make, which is a
variation. Yes, the middle part is totally atonal in relation to the opening. But hey,
fuck the opening, you wanted to rock out to something a little more gestural and
less cerebral, which to be honest is the way more and more dnb producers have
been going in the last decade or so. Personally, I'd cut the intro in half though.
It's effective the way it is, but unless you want to put another phrase in there or
extend the phrase beyond 2bars about a minute should be enough. Another
recommendation I'd have is to vary the velocities of your snares a bit more,
especially on the rolls. As much as the machine-gun snare sound works, it does
make for more interesting listening if you make the rolls more gestural (Iike your
basslines, which are bang on by the way). A kickass track as it is though, and
right up my alley as far as what i'm prodding these days. 9.8 out of a possible

Peaceout,

Peter

Message 5/9             18-Aug-04  @  04:52 PM   -   RE: New DnB track. Bump This!

SoundByte

Cool..thanks for your replies

I like the food analogy...funny I always put way too much salt on my food (and butter) but if I get bored with the main course I tend to just go for the sticky toffee pudding an extra cream mmmmm lovely! and snort it up my nose

I've been Djing DnB, and other stuff, for about ten years now and when I play Bump This it always called for a rewind, probably one of my fav tracks at the mo.

Intros are always a tricky thing, I tend to make them long as I am emulating tracks and its good for mixing in. Some are relevant to the main body, others have nothing to do with it and just switch. But I find this a problem as when sending demos off in theory you shouldnt have an intro more than 10 secs but I think that is more to do with 'proper' songs, like pop/ rock where there is a vox. Either way I think an intro should be leading and be going somewhere, actually have a destination! Although a lot of DnB I have is just two minutes of the same breakbeat. Having said that variation is the spice of life and I've got a couple of tracks with just a one phase intro...will upload soon.

Message 6/9             24-Aug-04  @  10:45 AM   -   RE: New DnB track. Bump This!

milan

yay... at least some DnB on DT!

very funny tune, i'd almost call it cute. that middle part is pure Zinc but the intro was pure liquid style. i liked the bass(es) but i think you need to sustain a more driving beat thruout the main part. if i were you i'd layer a straight up two step beat over the one you already have, but deeper, with more low end punch to .make speakers pump and people jump  

if you sorted that out i think people would dance to this, jump up stylee

regards, M.

Message 7/9             24-Aug-04  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: New DnB track. Bump This!

milan

oh yeah, i checked your other tunes... sound well produced/arranged but the style is some years behind whats happening now. but who gives a fvck, right... if thats your thing, do it.

Message 8/9             24-Aug-04  @  11:58 AM   -   RE: New DnB track. Bump This!

welder (aka. ragnarok)

cheers and wellcome!

I like the intro   and the atonal stuff as well. It's really funny in its own way... later on it gets a bit chaotic, but it's still bearable. I'm no "proper" DnB expert, but that solo bass sound after the intro screams for a little reverb innit? :-) Then the whole thing takes off, with a really moving, yet funny-funky feel to it. Also the breakish beats kick serious ass. How shall I say... "big up!" ?!

Message 9/9             04-Sep-04  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: New DnB track. Bump This!

SoundByte

Ive uploaded two more.. Just working on some darker tracks at the mo..will up asap.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)