aaa can everyone upload songs ok? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: can everyone upload songs ok?

Viewing all 49 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/49             03-Sep-04  @  11:37 AM   -   can everyone upload songs ok?

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

i'm getting freaked - it's all the same, all works ok for me, nothings changed..... is everyone ok for adding tracks or is this just a few isolated incidents?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/49             03-Sep-04  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

Bluescreen

Link?: Link

I made only one attempt yet, but it worked without flaws.

Message 3/49             03-Sep-04  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

it seems isolated to certain mac users.
my first awareness came about on the 15th....which is when i e-mailed you.
when i didn't hear back i just figured you were needing time to sort it out.
l do know this occured right after we tested to see if we could update higher-bitrate files in place of the older lo-fi's.

Message 4/49             03-Sep-04  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

k

yeah.... but it worked before for you right? - you could upload ok after we switched system

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/49             03-Sep-04  @  04:24 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

k

i'm just getting freaked cos it all worked ok, but despite about 40 signups in the last 24 hours, no-ones added a track  

Message 6/49             03-Sep-04  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

my experience was this:
i did update a track to a higher bit-rate in the manner you suggested....towards the beginning of the month.

a few days later (aug. 15) i tried to upload an entirely new track...which i hadn't attempted in some weeks...and found myself unable.
as of 2 or 3 days...i was still unable...thusly......here i am.

Message 7/49             03-Sep-04  @  04:44 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

i meant to say as of 2 or 3 days ago.

you might try contacting those newly-signed individuals and see if they've tried to upload anything. especially those on mac systems ..... seem stymied.

i do know at soundclick they recommend all mac-users use netscape.
windows-users IE.
i had told you i was using IE at the time of our tests and you suggested that it wasn't really an issue in regards to what you were testing.

anyway...good luck.

let me know when i should try again.
gotta run.

Message 8/49             03-Sep-04  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

k

who CAN upload a track cos both me and zazza can do it every time... we just cant identify any problem -

can someone please add a track?

Message 9/49             04-Sep-04  @  05:48 AM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

either no one can add a track at this point....or...k...you're surrounded by twats.

Message 10/49             04-Sep-04  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

i have this other theory:

everybody is deeply absorbed in some serious..... joyful music-making and...and...and...

......didn't hear you say please.

i used to love it when andrew would yell PATHETIC!
no...seriously.....i ALWAYS loved that>

Message 11/49             04-Sep-04  @  04:18 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

it's always interesting to see power applied in most responsible manner.

k...how do you spell scorpio?

Message 12/49             05-Sep-04  @  12:19 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

k

God... you're such a hippy man  

Message 13/49             05-Sep-04  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

SoundByte

Link?:  No link

Im unable to upload tracks on a PC. The frame goes to error page not found etc

Can Jiml fix it for me please!?

Message 14/49             05-Sep-04  @  02:52 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

SignalRunners - BLU

now then , now then .........

k'll fix it for yoouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-ooooooooh, k'll fix it for youuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Blu

Message 15/49             05-Sep-04  @  04:07 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

k...why so dozy?

i got another newbie writing ME (?) complaining about their inability to upload tracks.
now go figure.

Message 16/49             05-Sep-04  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

beds

works fine here.

Message 17/49             05-Sep-04  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

k

yeah, i think tomorrow we'll have to close the sites to find out what the fuck is happening

i cant fully explain it here, it'd take too long and you'd have to know server coding stuff in this language, but we've got pages working that shouldn't work, and pages not working that have worked for 6 months flawlessly

sorry - i'm starting to think sabotage

hang tite, more news later tonight or tomorrow

Message 18/49             05-Sep-04  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

SignalRunners - Andrew

worked fine for me when i was back at home...been away for a few days, but picked up that desk tho :P:P:P fucking rawwwwwwwwwwwwwks me

Message 19/49             06-Sep-04  @  02:17 AM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

Absorb Fish

works fine for me K.

Message 20/49             06-Sep-04  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

Bol Toper

It's definitely something to do with the file. I've tried to upload my track at home (mac OS9 IE5.1) and at work (PC NT IE5.5) and in both cases it wouldn't work. But I tried a different mp3 file on both systems and it worked ok.

Deano

Message 21/49             06-Sep-04  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

k

agreed - i finaly have managed to reproduce the error - if i choose one mp3 file it works, another and 'page not found'

both mp3 files are identical bitrates and were both encoded in wavelab

wierd! - um, we're liasing with the server datacenter to try and find the answer here

hold tight

Message 22/49             06-Sep-04  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

k

hmmm... i've been thinking about this - the file that WILL upload is an older file encoded mebbe 2 weeks ago or more

the file that will NOT upload is recent, encoded within the last 24 hours

I wonder if some virus or browser hack or something has been sent out on the www by some evil corporates recently which cripples legitimate mp3's and stops them being uploaded

??

like some sort of 'anti-piracy' thing designed to make all your encoded mp3's fail when trying to upload them to whatever service by ftp or browser

i wonder.... ok, it's a bonkers idea, but.... it's that weird!! - there isnt any logical reason otherwise i can think of

I tested the code by removing it completely!! - the page uploads the mp3 file to the 'action' page (the page that processes the file and add's it to the server) -

So with all the code stripped out, all the browser can see is some text, there is NOTHING on the page which pertains to the file contents or processing of the form contents or anything, simply a page with a message in text

the page IS found using an older encoded file, but simply is NOT found using a more recent one

it's THAT bloody weird! - lol - *ghaaaah!!... MY BRAIN HURTS!!!!!!*

Message 23/49             06-Sep-04  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

SignalRunners - BLU

my thought at first was that , mebbe there was tags being included with specific encoders that your file system thing didnt like and was rejecyting but the wavlab test you did seems to have killed that idea---

its a head scratcher tho fer sure, i hope its nothing too sinister

blu

Message 24/49             06-Sep-04  @  02:49 PM     Edit: 06-Sep-04  |  02:50 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

Bol Toper

That ties in with my problem. The file that will not work was encoded a few days ago. Older ones are ok.

Message 25/49             06-Sep-04  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

SignalRunners - BLU

Just tried to upload one ive encoded today for test, but got an error screen saying that uploads were offline just now while you try to sort it.

blu

Message 26/49             06-Sep-04  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

kilo

aha - that means the file got thru pok then for you too (i was also getting the DNS Error page not found today when i re-tested with a freshly encoded file)

could you please try it now - we think it's sorted - you should get a message like this: (but the C:\WINNT\TEMP\ .tmp file will have a different random name)

the message will read:
-------

testing - will the addd-file & update page be found if there is no contents on that page

C:\WINNT\TEMP\ACF6D.tmp

We have a serious bug causing certain files to not upload - please bear with us while we try and identiry the cause.

-------

if you DO get that message - then the file is getting thru it's ok... try another file, if you get the the message again, it's sorted and we can switch it back on hopefuly

it's wierd tho that this seems to be an issue with files encoded within the last 4 days or so... wierd.... i know it's crackers, 'conspiracy theory' etc but NOTHING has changed on MY encoding machine...

mebbe something was changed on the server around that time
cheers

Message 27/49             07-Sep-04  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

Bol Toper

Yes! It works. Successfully uploaded the track on my work PC. I'll try on the mac at home later and let you know if it's ok.

Deano

Message 28/49             07-Sep-04  @  11:22 AM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

kilo

hey hey - some others have also been sucessfuly added... mebbe it's sorted then - I've managed to add some ok also.

Message 29/49             12-Sep-04  @  06:27 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

woohoo!!!!!!

thanks for the hard work guys!!!!!!!

Message 30/49             12-Sep-04  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

urbicide

whenever I upload using Apple's Safari browser I get kicked offline. Very strange. I've uploaded to other sources without any trouble.

Message 31/49             25-Sep-04  @  02:56 AM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

oh no...not again?!??!!!??!?!

new song upload seemed to work okay....until i hit play (i always check to make sure everything's hunky-dory~)

5453 = - DT_ACF52B7398959.mp3 - (mcc> vs nisha) you can't hurt me

pages

write page = (mcc>_vs_nisha)_you_cant_hurt_me__by__man_called_clay.m3u

ALL rows out that exist as new unique variables - (max = 20 rows) - no file = blank variable

1 'DT_ACF52B7398959.mp3?/man_called_clay__-__(mcc>_vs_nisha)_you_cant_hurt_me'

if row is not "" - - Now show all EXISTING rows ONLY as variables which exist & add full url - this works fine

http://www.dancetech.com/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF52B7398959.mp3?/man_called_clay__-__(mcc>_vs_nisha)_you_cant_hurt_me

now the exact same output as above, but written to a variable called 'Outpage' & displayed below
it outputs EVEN numbered output ONLY (rows 2, 4 & 6), misses 4 rows comletely and add's random blank rows which shouldnt exist!!

'outPage' contents to write =

'http://www.dancetech.com/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF52B7398959.mp3?/man_called_clay__-__(mcc>_vs_nisha)_you_cant_hurt_me'

WRITE contents of 'outPage' TO = g:\dancetech\members\my_tracks\ram\(mcc>_vs_nisha)_you_cant_hurt_me__by__man_called_clay.m3u

URL TO STREAM : = 'http://www.dancetech.com/members/my_tracks/ram/(mcc>_vs_nisha)_you_cant_hurt_me__by__man_called_clay.m3u'

Error Occurred While Processing Request

Error Diagnostic Information

Error processing CFFILE

Error attempting to write data to target file 'g:\dancetech\members\my_tracks\ram\(mcc>_vs_nisha)_you_cant_hurt_me__by__man_called_clay.m3u'.

Error: All or part of the path is invalid.

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFFILE), occupying document position (246:1) to (246:97) in the template file C:\httpd\htdocnew\7161\stream_all_SINGLE_TRACK_xx.cfm.

Date/Time: 09/25/04 02:51:52
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20030208 Netscape/7.02
Remote Address: 68.111.187.219
HTTP Referer: http://www.7161.com/index.cfm?music_group=1
Query String: job_id=5453

Message 32/49             25-Sep-04  @  04:42 AM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

since upload failed via netscape....which really isn't a surprise since we've always had netscape problems here....i try to replace/upgrade the current file with the same file via internet explorer.
(we know it isn't the file itself since it loaded fine over at the other site i've begun using recently.)
anyway...when i try to re-upload using IE...i get this:

That file's too big. You have almost used your 50mb filespace and this new
update file is bigger than the file you are trying to replace:

TOTAL SPACE REMAINING = 2269096 Bytes
CURRENT FILESIZE OF THIS MIX = 4500701 Bytes
FILESIZE YOU ARE TRYING TO ADD = 4500816 Bytes

Step back and select a file smaller than: 4500701 Bytes

and then when i try to copy this to post at the forum...i get THIS!!!!?>>>

Error processing CFFILE

Error attempting to save uploaded file to path
'c:\httpd\htdocnew\dancetech\aa_dt_new\forums\attatchments\.' The system
cannot find the path specified. (error 3)

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of
(CFFILE), occupying document position (8:1) to (15:28) in the template file
C:\HTTPD\HTDOCNEW\7161\FORUMS\ADD_FILE.TXT.

Date/Time: 09/25/04 04:20:21
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Mac_PowerPC)
HTTP Referer:
http://www.7161.com/forums/thread.cfm?threadid=36738&messages=31&chatter_id=
30&age=30&music_group=1
Query String: Title=&Age=30

i did kind of like the age=30 part though>

not that i'd want to actually do it again.

yeah...i'm with x in many ways.

i had to e-mail this junk to my other computer just so i could post it HERE in an effort to let you know what we're experiencing....so that we might all learn and grow together and make dt-7161 and the world a happy place for all to be.

i guess what i must try now is to completely delete the file so that i might try a fresh upload again...including track details etc....

Message 33/49             25-Sep-04  @  04:55 AM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

again....after appearing to have uploaded the file.

5454 = - DT_ACF5419182792.mp3 - (mcc> vs. nisha) you can't hurt me

pages

write page = (mcc>_vs__nisha)_you_cant_hurt_me__by__man_called_clay.m3u

ALL rows out that exist as new unique variables - (max = 20 rows) - no file = blank variable

1 'DT_ACF5419182792.mp3?/man_called_clay__-__(mcc>_vs__nisha)_you_cant_hurt_me'

if row is not "" - - Now show all EXISTING rows ONLY as variables which exist & add full url - this works fine

http://www.dancetech.com/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF5419182792.mp3?/man_called_clay__-__(mcc>_vs__nisha)_you_cant_hurt_me

now the exact same output as above, but written to a variable called 'Outpage' & displayed below
it outputs EVEN numbered output ONLY (rows 2, 4 & 6), misses 4 rows comletely and add's random blank rows which shouldnt exist!!

'outPage' contents to write =

'http://www.dancetech.com/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF5419182792.mp3?/man_called_clay__-__(mcc>_vs__nisha)_you_cant_hurt_me'

WRITE contents of 'outPage' TO = g:\dancetech\members\my_tracks\ram\(mcc>_vs__nisha)_you_cant_hurt_me__by__man_called_clay.m3u

URL TO STREAM : = 'http://www.dancetech.com/members/my_tracks/ram/(mcc>_vs__nisha)_you_cant_hurt_me__by__man_called_clay.m3u'

Error processing CFFILE

Error attempting to write data to target file 'g:\dancetech\members\my_tracks\ram\(mcc>_vs__nisha)_you_cant_hurt_me__by__man_called_clay.m3u'.

Error: All or part of the path is invalid.

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFFILE), occupying document position (246:1) to (246:97) in the template file C:\httpd\htdocnew\7161\stream_all_SINGLE_TRACK_xx.cfm.

Date/Time: 09/25/04 04:52:24
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20030208 Netscape/7.02
HTTP Referer: http://www.7161.com/track.cfm?track__dt_track_id=5454&user=2829&carrywith=&music_group=1
Query String: job_id=5454

Message 34/49             25-Sep-04  @  08:52 AM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

CydoniaCell

Just uploaded two new tracks... it's been awhile, very smooth... no problem whatsoever

e

Message 35/49             25-Sep-04  @  05:27 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

k

take the stupid angle bracket out of the title then clay

sheesh

Message 36/49             25-Sep-04  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

stupid? i've used them before and it's never been a problem.

nice format...no stupid brackets allowed in song-titles?
and this is an electronic site....primarily?
makes no sense at all.
especially when it used to NEVER be a problem.

Message 37/49             26-Sep-04  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

k

well none of your other added tracks have it in - the thing is a url has to be parseable for the ramfile

see the error only appears at the end of th eprocessing:

Error processing CFFILE

Error attempting to write data to target file 'g:\dancetech\members\my_tracks\ram\(mcc>_vs__nisha)_you_cant_hurt_me__by__man_called_clay.m3u'.

the path with the forward bracket in cant be found - there is including special characters, hundreds of possible characters that cant be parsed so i have to delimit them one by one as people attempt to use them

if you take it out, it'll work.. or i'll have to redo the code again

Message 38/49             26-Sep-04  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

the reason we don't see the angle-bracket in any of my songs is because
i have to delete tracks to upload new ones....due to file-space
i always use it in mcc> and have done so with my bluescreen and gm remixes.

not a huge issue....but you did have to redo the code
to change it to it's current state?
i somehow think that when such changes are made...we might be made aware of it so we're not banging our heads trying to figure out why things aren't working that worked quite well before.

Message 39/49             03-Oct-04  @  06:59 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

me again?

coming in the old reliable way....using IE with a fresh upload>>
AFTER deleting 3 tracks! to make room (let me know when those expanded lots are available....)

i get this message:

The attempt to load 'Accessing URL: http://www.7161.com/members/track_update_withfile_test.cfm' failed.

the file shows 6.8 mb...and i have 8,715 kb available.

mcc>

Message 40/49             03-Oct-04  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

lucidskies

same situation as clay ...could it be that this mp3 file
has the Quicktime icon instead of my normal iTunes icon? hmmmm....
-Mike

Message 41/49             03-Oct-04  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

i kinda doubt it since i'm using the same encoder/player i've always used.
it feels more like an actual access problem than an error in the upload process.
there wasn't even a 2-second attempt to upload the file.....just an immediate notification of failure.

Message 42/49             03-Oct-04  @  08:18 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

lucidskies

this is true...hmmmm

Message 43/49             04-Oct-04  @  07:09 AM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

bsk from argentina too.

Message 44/49             04-Oct-04  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

horacio.larrechea

hey i'been getting the same problems to upload a new track
by the way i was takin a look yours

Message 45/49             04-Oct-04  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

thanks horacio~.....i was gonna say in your thread yesterday....
there's some guys you like even BEFORE hearing their tracks>>>

welcome.

Message 46/49             05-Oct-04  @  06:19 AM     Edit: 05-Oct-04  |  06:20 AM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

zone_ahead

eh. tonight been trying to upload a revision to a track i posted about a week ago and everytime i click submit i get the error message that "the page cannot be displayed....... cannot find server......". hum. using IE on XP.

and actually i tried last night, but couldn't even get on to 7161 or dancetech.

Message 47/49             05-Oct-04  @  03:47 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>>

if you're in the us....it seems dt / 7161 goes down for maintenance evry night around 9pm...pst...for between 20 to 50 minutes. don't waste your time during this window.
if you've got problems anytime besides that...then you've got a problem.

and k will be on it....within say......

Message 48/49             05-Oct-04  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

zone_ahead

thanks for the heads up mcc. probably was around 11:30 PM central time when i tried to upload so that would make sense.

Message 49/49             08-Oct-04  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: can everyone upload songs ok?

mcc>

we got a new controller?

Viewing all 49 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

There are 49 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)