aaa New TECHNO trance from Cydonia Cell - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New TECHNO trance from Cydonia Cell

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             25-Sep-04  @  08:54 AM   -   New TECHNO trance from Cydonia Cell

CydoniaCell

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

if you're into the 4 on the floor go peep... a new pulser from my Saturn Theory project....

e

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             25-Sep-04  @  08:55 AM   -   RE: New TECHNO trance from Cydonia Cell

CydoniaCell

oh, shit... sorry... it's called

Karma Rizah

like you care!

e

Message 3/8             25-Sep-04  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: New TECHNO trance from Cydonia Cell

mcc>

only real complaint here is with that frog-jump percussion sound in the beginning and similar percussion bits reintroduced in the second half of the song.
it's always difficult to use unnatural sounds in new ways within a beat and not have them beome utterly distracting.

i liked the way things cleaned up and really started moving forward in the second half>
the bass/kick could've come up a little louder...but then i think it was the renewed squelch-percussion bit that was probably a little loud.

more bass n kick.
less squelch.
and more pads and synths!!!
oh yeah....cool background murmurs and atmospheres too.>>>

Message 4/8             27-Sep-04  @  03:07 PM   -   RE: New TECHNO trance from Cydonia Cell

nutoniom

i would've had more of the tasty intro and i think you could lower down the closed hat. as for the frog-jump sound, like he said

oh, 4.20 mark, yeah go

gets my vote

Message 5/8             27-Sep-04  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: New TECHNO trance from Cydonia Cell

CydoniaCell

"frog Jump"... hmmm

not clear on the concept...

are we talking about the "zipping' noize that syncopate's with the kick?

cause, I love that thing... but it could be one of those horrible instances where you work forever on a sound and then love it so much you refuse to admit it's bad!

e

Message 6/8             27-Sep-04  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: New TECHNO trance from Cydonia Cell

SignalRunners - BLU

yeah- i agree, its pretty offputting, sounds like badly timed off beat sample at first (but i know your stuff and knew it was intentional so ii accepted it after a while, still didnt like tho)

id rip it out, or get it on time to the laymans ears

sorry mang!

blu

Message 7/8             28-Sep-04  @  12:37 AM   -   RE: New TECHNO trance from Cydonia Cell

mcc>

actually i liked that sound and vibe it created for about 8 measures....
but then....it was like getting time to find somewhere else
to go with the song.
i definitely would not lose it entirely...but it should be like a novelty thing to get our attention..and then again....
and not the main course being served for the entire first-half.

Message 8/8             28-Sep-04  @  12:43 AM   -   RE: New TECHNO trance from Cydonia Cell

CydoniaCell

cool, mcc... i got ya...

It's definitely in time, but it is a bit loopy, I can see where too much is annoying... and there's NOTHING that really goes with it, really... I tried, hehehe...

well, if I'm playing attachment games with my little funky noize I agree I need to straighten it out... hmmm

in the above post you mention that it comes back, but it doesn't... I wonder what does that puts you in mind of it. ???

and, I love the screechy-ness of the lead in the second half, I ain't changin' that!!! But I thought as well that the bass overall could come up a bit, it's good you heard the same... I'm working with new 8 inch monitors and so I tend to over compensate on bass... retuning my ears etc...

Thanks much

e

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)