aaa Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

Viewing all 24 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/24             23-Dec-04  @  01:49 PM   -   Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

DJ MEGAHEAD

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Its called...

Jag dansade ocksa

Inspired by the gritty urban realism in the work of Anders Petersen - Fotografier -
A true genius.

A bit of rough and raw old skool jungle for xmas. (without the hip hop samples). Drums and bass. Raw essentials. Nothing fancy. Somthing to dance to...

I really would love to hear some feedback on this one.

0/d

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/24             23-Dec-04  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

nutoniom

Link?: Link

very nice, but a bit too early for me to rince it properly, will give it a go later

Message 3/24             29-Dec-04  @  04:09 PM     Edit: 04-Jan-05  |  06:21 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

DJ MEGAHEAD

#

Message 4/24             04-Jan-05  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

Baden Powell

I think your song is amazing. I really do. The nostalgia you evoked for me - of my cocaine joy riding teenage years - brought many tears to my eyes so I must thank you for at least the cleansing of my retinas. They did not water so much when I was outside in the cool breeze today. I have you to thank for this. Thank you for making life a little bit easier for me. Lovely the jungle. Wicked Indeed.

Message 5/24             06-Jan-05  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

k

Link?:  Link

lol - self reviewing now eh! - i wouldnt call it old skool jungle, more like drum&bass

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/24             06-Jan-05  @  08:40 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

DJ MEGAHEAD

Heh heh
Sure why not? Gotta get it noticed. This clique thing is killing your site man.

Message 7/24             07-Jan-05  @  03:12 AM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

mcc>

this clique-thing was a done-deal ages ago
and has nothing to do with me.
fyi.

the reason i said nothing about your new song is cause i think it's well-produced and even well-constructed...but nevertheless basically DULL.
the track rocks but goes nowhere...providing few jolts or surprises.
it lacks nuance.
and sometimes it's best to say nothing in such cases.
the same reason i don't comment on the work of say....MOI~

i liked your romantic sylvia plath number much MUCH better.
now THAT ONE was really worth commenting on.

Message 8/24             07-Jan-05  @  10:28 AM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

k

clique-thing

??

eh ?? - what clique-thing?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/24             07-Jan-05  @  02:35 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

nutoniom

it bangs mr. head.

clique ? you know clay, this is something you kind of mentionned to me privately before you started hating me. what gives ? explain it maybe ?

i'm a self contained unit and have very few contacts with dt members. i vote tho'

Message 10/24             07-Jan-05  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

mcc>

hating you nutonium?

that's funny.
weird but funny.

Message 11/24             07-Jan-05  @  03:25 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

k

sorry, i still have no idea WHAT you're talking about Megahead (clique thing etc)

Message 12/24             07-Jan-05  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

nutoniom

"weird but funny"

ok,maybe i'm reading too much into it, but then, explain why there is no shiny circular piece of aural pleasure in my mailbox ?

Message 13/24             07-Jan-05  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

nutoniom

no, really. i'm serious. will you give me aural pleasure ?

Message 14/24             07-Jan-05  @  07:42 PM     Edit: 07-Jan-05  |  09:55 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

DJ MEGAHEAD

I dunno what the hell kinda spat you two are having but maybe you should try

www.drphil.com  

Hey K with the clique thing I meant that theres a group on this site and all they seem to do is brown nose each other, telling each other how great their music is etc. Its like a tit for tat kinda thing, you scratch my back I'll scratch yours. Its not constructive... Anyway I'm sure you know what I'm trying to say -

Message 15/24             08-Jan-05  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

nutoniom

what's wrong with telling someone you like what they do ? encouraging folks to do more. i'm sorry, i don't get your point.

Message 16/24             08-Jan-05  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

k

well i guess it's natural for people online who 'know' each other in a web-sense, to be more chatty with each other - the other thing is you posted at christmas when people are away.

chill therefore

Message 17/24             08-Jan-05  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

mcc>

it's natural for people to "gel" into cliques.
and for some people it's almost second-nature.

but what is also true is that some people have become famous
for seeking opinions HERE
of THEIR work
while offering little opinion of others' works....which would seem a more equitable exchange.
i think you kind of fall into that category megahead.
i scratch you scratch is the flip-side of tit-for-tat....and you haven't been scratching anyone's back maybe?
and YET i've offered you up praise when praise was due....
and conversely...a ho-hum thumbs sideways when not....since you were so persistently asking.

we can't control what others like or how they respond to our music or whether they'll review our work because we might sometimes act like a bunch of girls
or whether people think we're an atrocious dick at times....or all the time...just in general.
fuck it.
make good music which rocks peoples hearts and bones and get on with it and live life & make yourself happy and people will get "it" if there's anything to get....and i'll try to do the same.

nevertheless...i'm not sure that those cocaine teen-years (of years gone by)
are ample or suitable inspiration for making today's mindbending music.
and that is what we're sort of trying to do occasionally, isn't it?
if even a little.

Message 18/24             08-Jan-05  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

k

sorry?... "(of years gone by)" ??

naaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.... you've lost me there

Message 19/24             09-Jan-05  @  07:21 AM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

mcc>

k...i lost you a long time ago man.

megahead was talking about his song...you know...it's what this thread is about.

Message 20/24             09-Jan-05  @  01:08 PM     Edit: 09-Jan-05  |  02:04 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

DJ MEGAHEAD

i was talking about cliques. i'm always talking about cliques. cliques are the new black. cliques are the thing for 2005. don't doubt it. because a weezle named philip scofield said it. he's on television in the mornings in case you didn't know. and since poor john leslie got the axe he's become a bit of an authority on these things...

Message 21/24             10-Jan-05  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

mczyzynski

Nice, but very very early sounding. cool tho.. nice and agressive

G

Message 22/24             10-Jan-05  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

mcc>

well...cliques & the new black and all that....
at least that's interesting.

i have little idea about television except having studied it in college for my minor
and knowing it smells too funny to be amusing.

Message 23/24             13-Jan-05  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

DJ MEGAHEAD

Its funny but I don't remember the last time I laughed at something I smelt. You've got a talent there. Don't waste it.

Message 24/24             14-Jan-05  @  12:25 AM   -   RE: Old Skool Jungle Stylee for Xmas...

Darin

Definitely not jungle, more like dnb. Very cool track, I really like the vibe. Didn't go real far, but I don't have a problem with that. I don't need a mindbend. Sounded well put together, can't critque a mix from an MP3.

Viewing all 24 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)