aaa Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Viewing all 69 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

Original Message 1/69             24-Dec-04  @  12:09 PM   -   Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Have a good one guys n girls.

I hope santa empties his sack for each and everyone of you !

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/69             24-Dec-04  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

Yeah, Merry Christmas everyone!

Steve.

Message 3/69             24-Dec-04  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

beds

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i chi oll.

What's everyone getting for chrimbo then? I'm getting a hangover and some socks. Then a little too many chocolates followed by a quick dash to the pub before lunch. Too much brandy butter followed by some star wars and ultimate boredom waiting for the Boxing Day pissup.

Nice.

Message 4/69             24-Dec-04  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Steve Roughley

Nice one. I'm not getting any presents as my family are all adults now, so we decided that each person has to buy nice food and alcohol. We've got all sorts, from Spanish sausage, to lobster and muscles, to caviar and steak so I'll probably be getting food poisoning... in the tastiest possible way, though. Looking forward to waking up and opening a can of Stella and getting stuck in. Actually this is the first Christmas that I've actually looked forward to for years!

Message 5/69             24-Dec-04  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Jock Munro

blimey, sounds like a culinary massive mate. lucky bastard.

I'm deffo not going to make the same mistake every year of eating too much and feeling crap for the rest of the day, even after sticking yer fingers down your throat. So less turkey and chocolate and more alcohol for me.

Then a festive game of nudey twister with the rest of the family...

well we are from Kent, what do you expect ?

Message 6/69             24-Dec-04  @  02:25 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

welder

Merry Christmas folks!

Lots of small presents here to all family members (kind of a gentle and sweet nightmare to do all the packaging, but its fun :-) me'll be getting a new screen, whoohoo!

Message 7/69             24-Dec-04  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

milan

happy xmas you lot! mine isnt for another two weeks, being a) orthodox and b) brought up in communism :P

knowing Jock, i was fully expecting to read: "hope santa empties his sack on each and everyone of you !"

Message 8/69             24-Dec-04  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Bastiaan

Being Dutch Santa has already emptied his sack for me 3 weeks ago.

No O1V96 yet...It seems I gotta go and buy one myself.

Merry Christmas though...or (for the Jews, Atheist and other culturally sensitive
people): ALL HAIL THE VIRGIN BIRTH OF JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD AND
SAVIOUR!

Message 9/69             24-Dec-04  @  04:02 PM     Edit: 24-Dec-04  |  04:19 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

nutoniom

"I hope santa empties his sack for each and everyone of you !"

he better, fucking cunt !

my head hurts, phrenology massaging and all.

top albums. thanks for all the music.

hic !

ps: i would also like to thank personally mr. auto-pilot.

Message 10/69             24-Dec-04  @  04:41 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

mcc>

my kids are old enough to be easy.....
they might even come by to get some MONEY$

everyone be safe & warm.

Message 11/69             24-Dec-04  @  05:01 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

damballah

and same to all of you sirs and madams (if there indeed be any)

Message 12/69             24-Dec-04  @  05:38 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

beds

there's milan, he's pretty much a girl.

Message 13/69             24-Dec-04  @  07:32 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

milan

eat me, wont ya...

Message 14/69             24-Dec-04  @  10:30 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

CydoniaCell

a merry one to all of you...

I got myself a Novation remote 25 for x-Mess

got my oldest boy a didgeridoo... now there's a fun instrument to listen to a beginner try to wrangle...

here's to you all

e

Message 15/69             25-Dec-04  @  12:54 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

beds

lol mingus

i just got in from pub, la la la

Message 16/69             25-Dec-04  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

milan

woohoo... i gave myself for xmas the biggest hangover i've had this year. in fact, me and a friend both had to leave our cars at the club and go home by cab, since we were in no state to walk, let alone drive  

last i remember being at a retro party, playing early techno / late 80's music... had a good time, or so people tell me

Message 17/69             25-Dec-04  @  05:07 PM     Edit: 25-Dec-04  |  05:09 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

beds

excuse me while i sip on my champagne ...

<burp />

Message 18/69             25-Dec-04  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

beds

oh, and while i'm at it .. i know i''m out in the sticks with only bbc 1, 2, itv and s4c, no channel 4 or 5 but ... why is there fuck all on telly?

Message 19/69             26-Dec-04  @  01:24 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Jock Munro

xmas telly was shite across ALL channels mate, not just the terrestiral ones, we ended up putting on "Going to Town With One In The Brown". I'll let you guess what thats about !

Message 20/69             26-Dec-04  @  06:10 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Optofonik (AKA_Mick_Rhyze_etc.)

I hope everyone is having the best of times regardless of why they may be celebrating round this time of year.

Speaking of Boxing Day, doesn't Syd-Hob begin on boxing day? Been doing a bit of reading on it lately and it sounds truly horror-show and not for the faint of heart, weak in spirit, or short of skill.

Message 21/69             27-Dec-04  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

beds

have friends with relatives in sri lanka, what a shitter. hope ppl you know are safe and well this night.

Message 22/69             27-Dec-04  @  01:01 AM     Edit: 27-Dec-04  |  01:02 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

psylichon

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed it in some way. The fact that Beds could truly appreciate his day proves there might actually be hope for the destitute.

I can't complain about one part of my holiday... i'm stuffed to the point of vomiting, laid out from partying, my arms hurt from carrying back presents from my parents and friends... life couldn't be any better.

I did miss my DT friends being away from "ops" so long, though... gotta have your friends around innit.

Peace in the new year, fooks...

Message 23/69             27-Dec-04  @  03:46 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Garuna

I'm safe and well, Beds.... slept right through it. But it's a big mess down on the islands. Some friends of friends are missing, but luckily noone close to me.

Happy New Year to all at DT.

Message 24/69             27-Dec-04  @  03:47 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Garuna

I'm safe and well, Beds.... slept right through it. But it's a big mess down on the islands. Some friends of friends are missing, but luckily noone close to me.

Message 25/69             27-Dec-04  @  03:47 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Garuna

Message 26/69             27-Dec-04  @  04:11 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

psylichon

holy fucking shit, obviously I don't watch the news on holiday....

Wow...

Mother nature used to be subtle about things, didn't she? wtf happened?

That was a rhetorical question, for those so inclined to answer.

Message 27/69             28-Dec-04  @  11:16 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Jock Munro

Dunno why no one in the path of the tsunami got a warning. If the planet farts various geological survey departments around the globe know about it instantly. We got satellites in space that scan for "rogue" waves. I thought it was pretty much expected that a seismic event at sea causes tsunami, so how come no one thought to warn the countries in its path ?! Even an extra 5 minutes warming would of helped.

Message 28/69             28-Dec-04  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

welder

Well, they said these waves travel really fast (like a jet airplane) until they reach the shores. Unless there is a dedicated alert network (and I mean an automatic system that breaks tv/radio programs and broadcasts a warning instantly, not some sciencist trying to call the local tv station) there's little chance to deliver the information quick enough.

Message 29/69             29-Dec-04  @  02:18 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Garuna

There is currently no warning system that alerts for tsunamis, not even in Hawaii where they have one relatively often. I was watching a National Geographic show on Tsunami's two weeks ago and you're hearing these crusading scientists saying that something must be done and that they can hit at anytime. How must they feel now. I remember thinking, like most people probably, "yeah yeah... crazy scientist guy" Now that it hit people want a warning system, but it probably won't hit again here in 200 years. Humans are truly stupid. It also turns out that in the past when people have been warned they flock to the beach wave to see the cool big wave coming in.....

Message 30/69             29-Dec-04  @  03:11 AM     Edit: 29-Dec-04  |  03:29 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

they showed space satelite pictures of it breaking and travelling across the water - truelly a frightening picture to view

It looked MASSIVE in lenght from space- but it was 2 or so hours between erupting and hitting shores of islands/countries -

surely somethijng so clearly viewable from space could be monitored/coded to trigger abnormallity in scan for warnings- 2 hours isnt much but its better than no warning. (or is that already in place ? )

Message 31/69             29-Dec-04  @  03:56 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Garuna

Thing is most people don't know what a tsunami is .... let alone spell or pronounce the word. So even with a warning, the majority wouldn't know what to do. It's not like a fire where you have been through fire drills many times in your life and so you know how to act. So there will have to be some general education as well. It seems satellites and some well placed buoys would help set up in some kind of global warning system.

Message 32/69             29-Dec-04  @  06:14 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

psylichon

It's tragic that most of the major news from the sciences, especially the earth sciences, doesn't reach a greater percentage of the earth's population. I don't think science has all the answers, but it's been giving very blatant clues to us for years that have been more accurate than any other form of prophecy these days. god speaks in many ways...

ignorance kills in many ways

Message 33/69             29-Dec-04  @  06:15 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

psylichon

oh yeah, how's everyone's holiday been? back to work yet? how bout them eagles... crazy huh?

Message 34/69             29-Dec-04  @  08:02 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

psylichon

and now for something completely different:

------
Holiday eating tips:

1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a
holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Christmas
spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave
immediately. Go next door, where they're serving
rum balls.
2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly.
Like fine single-malt scotch, it's rare. In fact,
it's even more rare than single-malt scotch. You
can't find it any other time of year but now. So
drink up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in
every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into
an eggnog-alcoholic or something. It's a treat.
Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two. It's later than
you think. It's Christmas!
3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the
whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone.
Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed
potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano.
Repeat.
4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're
made with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim,
pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with
an automatic transmission.
5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an
effort to control your eating. The whole point of
going to a Christmas party is to eat other people's
food for free. Lots of it. Hello?
6. Under no circumstances should you exercise
between now and New Year's. You can do that in
January when you have nothing else to do. This is
the time for long naps, which you'll need after
circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound
plate of food and that vat of eggnog.
7. If you come across something really good at a
buffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the
shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them
and don't budge. Have as many as you can before
becoming the center of attention. They're like a
beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them behind,
you're never going to see them again.
8 Same for pies. Apple. Pumpkin. Mincemeat. Have a
slice of each. Or, if you don't like mincemeat,
have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three.
When else do you get to have more than one dessert?
Labor Day?
9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's
loaded with the mandatory celebratory calories, but
avoid it at all costs, I mean, have some standards.
10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when
you leave the party or get up from the table, you
haven't been paying attention.
Reread tips; start over, but hurry, January is just
around the corner.

Remember this:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
"WOOOOO HOOOOOO, what a ride!"

Message 35/69             29-Dec-04  @  10:27 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Garuna

He he. That's good advice.

Message 36/69             29-Dec-04  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

nutoniom

lots of beer and massive blades of steel tournaments, hic !

christmas supper under the full moon was awesome, the snow was covered with billions of little stars for as far as you could see. magnificent .

what? the eagles are on tour agin ? my head hurts, back to bed

Message 37/69             30-Dec-04  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Humble Granny

I prefer to replace the word Christ with piss and cut all ties with the bearded tramp, after all, Pissmas seems more appropriate to me.

Message 38/69             30-Dec-04  @  10:39 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

k

Link?:  Link

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 39/69             31-Dec-04  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

sitar

psylichon that's too funny! you too Humble Granny.

Happy new year everybody! Hope your holidays have been well spent!

Message 40/69             01-Jan-05  @  02:07 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

mcc>

HAPPY NEW YOU!!!!!!

everyone!!!!!

Message 41/69             02-Jan-05  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

beds

argh. well spent? argh!

it's tech support season again i love hunting down errant drivers in "safe mode with command prompt"

fix of the holidays was today though, arrived at my aunts house to see her with the recovery disk ready to wipe the system (she's 72 btw) "magic fingers" beds switched the computer off, switched it back on again. it's all in the wrist action.

Message 42/69             02-Jan-05  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

milan

lol b!

i was too busy with partying on nye, and trying to bust my gut on all other occasions, going from home cooking to fine restaurants and back again for 4 days now. thinking about turning vegatarian if i survive

Message 43/69             02-Jan-05  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

psylichon

i slept 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM ysterday then about midnight-10:30 this morning. I guess I'm trying to make up for last year or store up for this one. Either way, I don't think it worked.

Message 44/69             02-Jan-05  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

milan

File?:  [image]

[image file]

oh yeah, got a digital camera as a present! woohoo!

Message 45/69             02-Jan-05  @  04:04 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

milan

File?:  [image]

[image file]

makes good picccies in the dark too... dunno what they look like on a CRT tho? i'm on a tft here, and they look kinda cool. might be too dark otherwise *shrug*

Message 46/69             02-Jan-05  @  05:49 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

cheddar

check - I can see that parcan fine  

Message 47/69             03-Jan-05  @  04:40 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Steve Roughley

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

"Well Spent"...

Depends on how you interpret that, Sitar. I some how woke up on my couch on the 2nd having little or no recollection of the time passed Big Ben's final bell and have 'spent' almost all of my money. I'm now awaiting stories and photographic evidence from friends to help piece this all back together.

You can see where the concept of the new years resolution comes from. If I wasn't practiced at this, I'd be tempted to give up too.

Hope everyone else also had a wicked time!

Regards.

Stephen.

Message 48/69             08-Jan-05  @  12:19 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Zazza

" "magic fingers" beds switched the computer off, switched it back on again. it's all in the wrist action. "

Tech support people cal lit 'power cycling'

hehe...

Message 49/69             08-Jan-05  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

k

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 50/69             08-Jan-05  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

k

Rather irritatingly this holiday season in amongst the booze & drugs, i had a tall leggy ex GF turn up on me doorstep from Germany without warning when i already had a girl secured in my crib... damn it!! - she's one of those ex's from the past from a relationship that never realy ended, but was terminated by international borders & distance... tall, half german, half ghanaian, looks like Boris Beckers ex-wife - lush!!... one of those ex's that appear without warning on your ddorstep every couple of years to discuss "What did actualy happen with us?" - I told he to give me some warning in advance next time... rats!

Message 51/69             08-Jan-05  @  02:16 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

beds

you doity slaaaag

Message 52/69             09-Jan-05  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

psylichon

in america, we would call you a "MAN-whore"

Message 53/69             10-Jan-05  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

k

feck yoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

anyways, the "Please fix my PC" season has started already, sheesh! -Spent the whole day yesterday saving and rebuilding a machine which has a virus corrupted BIOS and a wiped out windows config

*sigh*

only took the WHOLE afternoon!!

Message 54/69             10-Jan-05  @  02:48 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

milan

yeah... how the hell does that happen after the new year? i first spent a lot of time fixing missing drivers after i removed SP2 on my dad's machine, and then it died sudden h/w death few days later after i attached a digital camera to it (brand new pc at that!). looks like he'll need a new mobo i think :/

Message 55/69             24-Dec-05  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

beds

here we are again, hope it's a bit safer this time.

time for a beer i think.

Message 56/69             24-Dec-05  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

woxy

i'll cheers to that!

woxy

Message 57/69             24-Dec-05  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

Message 58/69             24-Dec-05  @  06:15 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

mcc>

i guess that's one way of looking at it.

safety warmth and tidy bits of joy to all!!!!

Message 59/69             24-Dec-05  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

milan

lemme tell you... an xmass for a non-catholic in a catholic country is probably the worst day of the year... absolutely everything is closed in this town! even the dumps are closed! even drove to the airport thinking i could have a drink while watching airplanes take off... nope... the whole bloody airport is closed! they even switched off the lights on the control tower

Message 60/69             25-Dec-05  @  09:01 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

beds

there's always somewhere open here. pub is open for lunch and evening, you'll find a garage open somewhere and asian corner shops open all day. err ... that's it.

Message 61/69             29-Dec-05  @  01:53 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

nutoniom

Happy whatever the fuck you want, you can't really know nowdays now can you ?

Oh, you mean i'm late ?

*slurp*

Message 62/69             29-Dec-05  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

mcc>

you late nuts? never....
just very early for the next one.

nurse let you up?

Message 63/69             31-Dec-05  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Rags

naah, the metalheaded ragman wishes you a fucking happy new year, hic!

Message 64/69             31-Dec-05  @  05:10 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

pict

Bah! Humbug!

Message 65/69             02-Jan-06  @  07:41 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

milan

oi oi! happy new year!

where is everybody?

Message 66/69             02-Jan-06  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

k

recovering!

Message 67/69             04-Jan-06  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

nutoniom

aren't those my dentures in your drink ?

ouch, i need a lobotomy.

Message 68/69             07-Jan-06  @  09:45 PM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Maarten

Happy New Year all! Bit late, just back from Prague... *burp*

Message 69/69             14-Jan-06  @  06:21 AM   -   RE: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

milan

happy old-school (orthodox) new year!

Viewing all 69 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

There are 69 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)