aaa Monkey Thumper!! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Monkey Thumper!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             11-Jan-05  @  01:58 AM   -   Monkey Thumper!!

Pongoid

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

http://www.spaz.org/~ian/Boogachop.mp3

Kit list:

Evolver
ESI-32
MPX1
Orban 642b EQ

A lappy running logic to sequence.

All noises created in the Evolver in one night, processed through the 642b, 1178 and MPX1, sampled into the ESI then mixed on the 1202. Nothing major productionwise, just an evening's fun. Please tell me what you think.

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             11-Jan-05  @  02:39 AM   -   RE: Monkey Thumper!!

Garuna

Once again you dazzle us with your sound programming and programming chops. But I don't like the main old school beat BD/clap. I prefer the much more interesting rhythms at 1:10 and 2:22. I would suggest developing something around those. The track is constantly hinting a melody, some distant song phrase looming, but that never comes. Like a funky bomb half way through. A potentially great dance track here.

Message 3/5             11-Jan-05  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: Monkey Thumper!!

Pongoid

Thanks. Just another night of fun. The old-school thing was haunting me that night. There's something about simplicity of old stuff, that while it's just about cliche, it's to the point. It doesn't fuck around. The breaks and such...well they are fun too, but the contrast is also part of the study. Just seemed the thing to do at the time. Does it work? Does it not? Maybe. I dunno. It's just an idea.

Message 4/5             11-Jan-05  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: Monkey Thumper!!

Bluescreen

I enjoyed it

It's already pretty good productionwise. Imho the bass line at the end could start a little earlier.

Message 5/5             11-Jan-05  @  05:41 PM   -   RE: Monkey Thumper!!

Pongoid

I considered bringing it in earlier, but I always do that, so I figured just doin it a bit different as a tease at the end.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)