aaa Monkey Breaks silliness - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Monkey Breaks silliness

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             15-Jan-05  @  08:51 AM   -   Monkey Breaks silliness

Pongoid

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

http://www.spaz.org/~ian/Fubumba1.mp3

I cooked that up last night. It's just a muck-about, far from perfect. Just another Evolver experiment. All sounds except the organ are Evolver sounds. The organ came off a Triton. Just thought I'd do a breaks piece.

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             15-Jan-05  @  10:12 AM   -   RE: Monkey Breaks silliness

Bluescreen

Funny one. Great sounds

Message 3/10             19-Jan-05  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: Monkey Breaks silliness

Pongoid

It puzzles me, I mean what's someone supposed to do. Does one have to stick Breaks, or Progressive or Trance in the title to get noticed? I'm looking at these fucking nobodies here getting like 300 views and 30 something comments...and they're just lurkers, if that, never say a thing in the forum, and just using fruity to make cheese. It's a bit puzzling. Even now I've got 24 views and ONE reply, from Blue (cheers, mate, glad you like the noises, trying to do right with that little box). It's something of a mystery. What's happened to this place?

Ape

Message 4/10             19-Jan-05  @  03:21 AM   -   RE: Monkey Breaks silliness

nutoniom

try putting it here maybe ?

and what's with the whinnig ?

and who gives a fuck what anyone uses ?

and who gives a fuck if peeps post tracks and don't cackle about it ?

i sure don't don't

Message 5/10             19-Jan-05  @  09:02 AM   -   RE: Monkey Breaks silliness

Garuna

Well Nut, I hope you like a good banter...

Technically, not much to say. All nice and tight. Musically, it just sort of moves along. Make it into a song, ad some flavour to it. Pads, voices. Something. Anything. It deserves more, just like the last one.

Message 6/10             19-Jan-05  @  09:50 PM   -   RE: Monkey Breaks silliness

Pongoid

Thank you for the responses.

Gar, I plan on it. My multitracking facilites are nil at the moment, but when that changes, I shall take the appropriate action.

Message 7/10             26-Jan-05  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: Monkey Breaks silliness

darin

Link?:  No link

Pongoid,
Not sure how much to say because you said it was just a little quick ditty. Seemed like an excercise in synth programming. Amazing that you were able to get so much out of the Evolver. To be honest, it inspired me to dig a little deeper into the Evolver - possibly what you were after by posting it. Seemed like the mix could have been a little better, needed a little more direction, but if you were able to put that together in one night, kudos. There's no way I would be able to do something like that in one night. From that standpoint, there isn't much that I can add.

You definitely have a sound in your programming and your structure/format. Easily identifiable as something from Pongoid. If I were to hear it without knowing it was yours, I would have thought to myself "this has been done by Pongoid."

As always, your sound selection/creation is excellent, and the sounds you selected really fit well together - not alot of overlap that can't be improved slightly with a little mixing effort.

Good stuff all together.

As far as getting reviews. Watch your politics. Sorry to say it, but people decide who they listen to by their politics. Maybe offer some more criticism of other peoples music - kind of a "scratch my back, I'll scratch yours." That's always been my experience here. Also, I wasn't able to listen to it because I didn't have a lo-fi option. Dialup at work prevents me from listening to alot of peoples stuff. Once I was able to get home and take a good listen, well, here I am.

Message 8/10             27-Jan-05  @  08:22 AM   -   RE: Monkey Breaks silliness

urbicide

Link?:  No link

yer beats are great... funky and all... nice mix. but it lacks song structure. you got some skillz, take care.

Message 9/10             28-Jan-05  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: Monkey Breaks silliness

lucidskies

ape-
funky as always--very raw, no doubt thanks to the Evolver, great sound design.
Like they said above, it sort of lacks a definate structure, but considering this
was a one nighter--well, one can't say much about that.
Aside from a good solid mix and structure--very cool stuff, almost reminds me of
a wierd Medeski, Martin and Wood towards the end w/ that organ.

-mike

Message 10/10             30-Jan-05  @  11:34 AM   -   RE: Monkey Breaks silliness

groovemonkey

neat experimental piece.. and even though I have given up on hardware I now want an evolver!

G

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)