aaa New track, and yes I know its distorted! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New track, and yes I know its distorted!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             06-Feb-05  @  12:45 AM   -   New track, and yes I know its distorted!

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Jeez, 13 hours working on this pile of shite, I had to contend with dodgy jack leads, cubase sending dodgy midi signals to the outboard gear, the PC crashing several times, the sampler playing up.. and NOW I only just realised its facking distorting too *sigh*..

anyway the track is called Try, and personally I've heard it so many times today that I think I'm gonna puke up...

http://www.7161.com/track.cfm?track__dt_track_id=6409&user=5516&carrywith=&music_group=1

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             06-Feb-05  @  04:55 PM   -   RE: New track, and yes I know its distorted!

urbicide

Link?:  No link

cool stuff man... chill. got a lite sunday morning vibe. take care.

Message 3/7             07-Feb-05  @  07:38 AM   -   RE: New track, and yes I know its distorted!

welder

Sweet track, has a bit of "enigma" like feel to it, guess because of the drum pattern \ tempo, but (and yeah, it's a "but" coz I'm not big fan of Enigma ) its a nice, mellow tune with excellent sounds.

Message 4/7             08-Feb-05  @  12:30 PM     Edit: 08-Feb-05  |  12:31 PM   -   RE: New track, and yes I know its distorted!

k

Link?:  Link

love those drum artefacts.... not much mid on the snare & kik, mebbe intentional, i'd have added more ... mebbe even fading up a filter on them if that's how they start (soft)

bigtime bottom end Jock... what monitors U using out of interest?... it makes my nearfeilds sound like i'm listening on a pair of Tannoy SYSTEM 10's or something... very deep bass.. yeah, overall I think i'd just tweak that snare midrange and kik up a tad, but only a slight tad

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             08-Feb-05  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: New track, and yes I know its distorted!

Jock Munro

I bought a set of Wharfedale hi-fi speakers last year. Well actually the missus got them for me as a birthday present. i've always gone through hi-fi speakers. But admittedly its taken me a long time to get used to the sound from these...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005IA30/qid=1107875305/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-3758828-2410059

I gotto re-record the track anyway coz the low end is way too boomy. Its the bloody bass line, from the JP8000, its distorting everything else. The JP has bass and treble controls on it !!! So I whapped up the bass on the actual synth. It seems to give it much more oomph rather than EQing it on the desk.

Funnily enough the snare is part of the loop. I had big time problems working with filters on that loop. For some reason Filter VST kept losing its settings every now and then.

I did have a snare from the XV5080 running over the top. But it didnt fit in, like you could hear the two being overlayed. No amount of clever EQing or filtering seemed to help. So I got rid of it.

But you are definately right, I need to EQ that drum loop much better. It sounds shite at the moment. AND sort out my soundcard as I'm STILL getting little pops and noise on the track (as you can hear near the beginning). Bah !

Message 6/7             08-Feb-05  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: New track, and yes I know its distorted!

k

Link?:  Link

well, i dont think it's 'boomy' at all, mebbe drop it by 2db or so, just a tiny bit, it's just slightly lacking midrange over the whole mix. but mostly on the snare

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/7             09-Feb-05  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: New track, and yes I know its distorted!

lucidskies

I agree w/ k, the low end is actually beautiful IMHO, but down just a tad. I really
like the glitchy type sound that comes in just before the 3:00 mark.
Over, cool track, totally a 'Pure Moods' nominee ;-)

-mike

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)