aaa Locked on feedback - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Locked on feedback

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             16-Feb-05  @  12:46 AM   -   Locked on feedback

Route One

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

It's not completely finished yet but what do you think of locked on? Should I get rid of those voice samples as I'm starting to think I should the more i hear it? what could i add to it? Feedback greatly appreciated, especially from the Drum 'n' Bass heads.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             16-Feb-05  @  02:08 AM   -   RE: Locked on feedback

lucidskies

Link?: Link

hey, listening to the track.
First thing i noticed was when the drums cut out--sort of just fell out of no where.
A long fill and a big pad would do nicely IMO. Cool bassline that comes in next--
then when the squelchy bass comes in, thats cool too.
The vocal samples are cool, they seem to work pretty well. especially the female
mmms/ahhhs
Like I said earlier, some big washy pads would do this song well I think. Just
some cool textures used as transitions and stuff.
Cool stuff.
-mike

Message 3/9             16-Feb-05  @  12:40 PM   -   RE: Locked on feedback

nutoniom

what he said. and maybe double the drum track and filter it to shit or something, it`s all a tad bit too clean for MY taste, wich is indicative of not much but me.

ah, see your doing further done, a bit. do it more

like your new name : )

Message 4/9             16-Feb-05  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: Locked on feedback

milan

hey hey... not a bad try actually. (i tend to understate things btw : )

see here- that beat in the intro is *dying* for some clicky 1/16th hats to come in hafway thru (not too loud tho, just in he background to make it roll). then the breakdown... you need some atmospheric sound in the background, pad or a drone in the intro to fill up the empty space slightly and to add some movement. then... modulate that distorted sound, maybe filter it... cause its just static right now. maybe do a little swell up with a deep bass by opening the filter slowly. then... that main bassline needs to be modulated man!!! filter it, make few variations, make it longer... do something with it!

and... it NEEDS BASS! theres no subs in this tune! woomp woomp woomp etc

see... thats almost a done track, it just needs all these little things that make a tune keep your attention from start to finish. i wouldnt change anything per se, but just add some movement to existing elements.

unless of course, you just put the whole thing together from loops which would explain the lack of variation...

is that okay, coming from a DnB head?  

Message 5/9             16-Feb-05  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: Locked on feedback

Route One

Yes cheers for the comments people, It is very much just the layout at the moment and I need to put some stuff over the top, There is one tweaked loop in the whole song and that is the quiet beat and perc that comes in when the proper bline kicks, Milan, I can tell you know what you're talking about and I did experiment with some sub bass etc but didn't really produce the goods, I'll keep trying, I just don't have that many standard bass samples at the minute but quite a lot of synth ones, anyway cheers for the feedback and keep up the good work everybody.

Message 6/9             19-Feb-05  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: Locked on feedback

darin

Always good to hear more dnb. There isn't enough of it around here.

The drum loop seems a little too canned. Like I've heard it a million times. Also, the bass squeeky thing that comes in at 1:20 is a little overused, as well. I like the squelchy thing at 2:20. Vary your loops a little, add some atmospherics (like said above) and you can do without the vox. I agree wholeheartedly with the 16th note clicks that would push this song forward. Don't care much for the hiQ hipass filter on the drums at 5min. Nice little electric piano thing that ties the whole song together.

Good effort. A couple of minor changes I think, but otherwise good.

Message 7/9             20-Feb-05  @  08:09 AM   -   RE: Locked on feedback

groovemonkey

Pretty good start point , but like the rest of the guys say, it needs bit more here and there, pads, drums need some work.

Not sure about the squelchy bit.

G

Message 8/9             24-Feb-05  @  04:07 AM   -   RE: Locked on feedback

Route One

Yeah, cheers for the comments people, I listened to this track for the first time on my really good head phones instead of some shitty pc speakers and the whole thing does sound a bit too crisp and needs serious tweaking, sometimes I get to a point with making music and I just can't be arsed to properly finish a track and I think this is a good example, I just don't care about this tune enough anymore and have moved on to other things, I will go back to it but fuck knows what I'll do with it.

Message 9/9             14-Mar-05  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: Locked on feedback

darin

Ah - you have that problem that prevents so many of us from getting to the next step. FINISH THE TRACK. Put your head down and hate the song if you need to, but FINISH IT. THEN you can move on.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)