aaa using audio signal as cv signals.... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: using audio signal as cv signals....

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             04-Mar-05  @  10:35 AM   -   using audio signal as cv signals....

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hello,

im trying to mess around with the cv inputs on my frostwave resonator...ive been told that the audio signal needs to be real hot for it too work- ive not managed to get it to work properly- anyone know anything about this? do the audio waves have to be simple for it to work? i should just be done with it and get a midi-cv converter but have heard you can get some unqiue results using audio as cv...

greg

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             04-Mar-05  @  11:03 AM   -   RE: using audio signal as cv signals....

k

Link?:  Link

never tried it meself

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             04-Mar-05  @  05:35 PM     Edit: 04-Mar-05  |  05:40 PM   -   RE: using audio signal as cv signals....

psylichon

Link?: Link

well isn't CV +-5v range? Audio rarely puts out that much juice. I tried to find a dBfs (digital domain level) to voltage conversion chart, but they're hard to find because the exact numbers depend a lot on the sensitivity of your system. Suffice to say you won't get enough juice directly from your soundcard or whatever unless you put some sort of heavy duty amp on it.

Message 4/9             05-Mar-05  @  04:59 AM   -   RE: using audio signal as cv signals....

Pongoid

Might the output of a headphone out be sufficient?

Message 5/9             11-Apr-05  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: using audio signal as cv signals....

monkeybasket2001

cheers ape, gonna try that out...

greg

Message 6/9             17-May-05  @  07:34 AM   -   RE: using audio signal as cv signals....

Pongoid

Did it work?

Message 7/9             17-May-05  @  08:49 AM   -   RE: using audio signal as cv signals....

monkeybasket2001

nyet- but thats not to say it shouldn't- i used the headphone out of my aj1...not sure if it boosted it enough- you've actually reminded me to try this again with my mpc and my a-station....cheers

greg

Message 8/9             18-May-05  @  05:35 AM   -   RE: using audio signal as cv signals....

psylichon

how exactly didn't it work? did anything happen at all?

Message 9/9             18-May-05  @  08:59 AM   -   RE: using audio signal as cv signals....

monkeybasket2001

essentially yes- dont think the signal was hot enough...or im doing something else wrong- im gonna try with a couple more sources first to try and work which which bit im getting wrong...

greg

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)