aaa The Ape is at it again - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: The Ape is at it again

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14             27-Mar-05  @  03:56 AM   -   The Ape is at it again

Pongoid

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I made this last night for a friend. It was his birthday and he wanted a track.

http://www.spaz.org/~ian/FoSimon.mp3

He liked it. What do you think?

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             27-Mar-05  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: The Ape is at it again

0/d

Link?:  Link

it sucks

Message 3/14             27-Mar-05  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: The Ape is at it again

0/d

having to download it to listen to it that is.

why not stream it here?

Message 4/14             27-Mar-05  @  09:41 PM     Edit: 27-Mar-05  |  11:27 PM   -   RE: The Ape is at it again

Pongoid

Max file size here is 500 kb, and I'm not paying for other people to listen to my music by having it hosted somewhere else.

*shrugs

Anyhow, hope you enjoy the tune.

Message 5/14             29-Mar-05  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: The Ape is at it again

groovemonkey

Yeah.. Kinda menacing vibes. and funky at the same time

drums don't do it for me tho...

G

Message 6/14             29-Mar-05  @  09:52 AM   -   RE: The Ape is at it again

k

Link?:  Link

Max file size here is 500 kb

i think he meant, "add it to your user-track bit", not as a forum attachment

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/14             29-Mar-05  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: The Ape is at it again

Pongoid

Right, you moany gits, it's up here, for fucks sake.

Message 8/14             30-Mar-05  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: The Ape is at it again

Absorb Fish

nice one. I like the synths a lot - very very ALOT. I think the drums are fine though. I like the little dark vibes it has throughout mixing with the funky vibes too. Good stuff.

Message 9/14             30-Mar-05  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: The Ape is at it again

0/d

Yep. I agree. Really enjoyed listening and can't comment really other than just saying good job. Love the synths.

Message 10/14             31-Mar-05  @  01:50 AM   -   RE: The Ape is at it again

lucidskies

taking ages to d/l for some reason....
love the signature ape funkiness as usual.

-m

Message 11/14             31-Mar-05  @  06:35 AM   -   RE: The Ape is at it again

welder

Hey, I LIKE these drums! But its not just the drums, the whole song starts up pretty cool, although later it becames a bit too improvisative to my bad taste.
(Though - in some perverted way - I tend to like its crazyness.)

If only I could get more bass out of my laptop's speakers...

Message 12/14             31-Mar-05  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: The Ape is at it again

Pongoid

Cheers, glad you lot like it. I just kind of went for it on this one, instead of trying to do, overdo, or what ever. Learned the rules, threw them out, and am now analyzing afterward. I just played evrying in, pretty much, not much in the way of loops at at, hence, the 'human' feel in the drums. In fact, it's in everything, in there, including the bass. On lappy speakers, you're not going to hear the fact that there's a whole world of stuff happening below 180Hz.

As for the synths....most of that was the MW1 and the Q, with just a few noises sampled from the Evolver. Hats and primary kick were the Xbase. Very little processing, I just kept it pretty raw and went fo the music instead of the formula. Guess it worked in this case. My mate liked it. Hope it makes booties shake.

Message 13/14             01-Apr-05  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: The Ape is at it again

CydoniaCell

Fuckin awesome, YO!

really tasty shit... I love the improv... You're a class muso, keep it up!!!

e

Message 14/14             02-Apr-05  @  11:02 PM     Edit: 02-Apr-05  |  11:02 PM   -   RE: The Ape is at it again

Pongoid

*bows.

I still have a long way to go.

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)