aaa Funky electric guitars for house? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Funky electric guitars for house?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             28-Mar-05  @  01:54 PM   -   Funky electric guitars for house?

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  File

House_Guitars.zip

We're trying to write some funky house in a bid to finally make some money from producing and have got all of the elements except for those little funky electric guitars (see attached sample) that feature in so many tracks of this genre. What I'd love is a sample CD full of these guitars. Any ideas? And please don't state the obvious 'get someone to play it for you' because we have tried and couldn't get any decent results from our guitar playing friend and a session guitarist would be too expensive atm.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             28-Mar-05  @  02:01 PM     Edit: 28-Mar-05  |  02:03 PM   -   RE: Funky electric guitars for house?

milan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

i believe lot of those guitars you're hearing are sampled from old records or whatever (like mojo etc)... but maybe check main sample cd manufacturer's websites to see what they have on offer?

for example:

http://www.timespace.com/

Message 3/6             28-Mar-05  @  02:56 PM     Edit: 28-Mar-05  |  02:56 PM   -   RE: Funky electric guitars for house?

Steve Roughley

Well... I have quite an extensive funk/soul collection (Chic, EWF, Kool & The Gang, etc) and have identified loads of samples used in house tracks. The problem here is that it is quite obvious that the house producers had the samples recreated as it is nearly impossible to find a usably clean sample from the original tracks.

I have looked on time & space and various other sample CDs but they allways do the same thing: loads and loads of drums, plenty of bass and a few measily little organ and guitar loops. We are already producing the drums and bass ourselves, so would like to find a CD that basically ignores these parts.

Message 4/6             28-Mar-05  @  05:46 PM   -   RE: Funky electric guitars for house?

milan

Link?: Link

hmm... maybe cause you searched under "house"? i was looking for funk guitars and somehow found a large page which alowed me to audition separate guit. samples from all the cd's or something... anyway, seemed like a lot usable material there. gotta search some more i suppose  

Message 5/6             28-Mar-05  @  06:39 PM   -   RE: Funky electric guitars for house?

Steve Roughley

Cheers for the help, Milan.

Which discs did you find? I had looked under Funk/Soul and under Guitar, but only came up with one disc, which I did consider buying, but couldn't really tell too much from the 1min sample. Also, I would really like to hear some other options before forking out £60 for a CD.

Message 6/6             05-Apr-05  @  10:00 AM   -   RE: Funky electric guitars for house?

monkeybasket2001

yeah they are manily cuts of old records- shame you dont play guitar as what i do is write a couple of riffs, chop them up and sequence them in to sound almost sampled...

greg

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)