aaa arrrrh serious midi delay in Cubase SX - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: arrrrh serious midi delay in Cubase SX

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             05-Apr-05  @  10:17 PM   -   arrrrh serious midi delay in Cubase SX

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ok, I havent used cubase sx for about a month, since then I've installed/uninstalled various bits of unrelated software on the PC. Then Dell PC support managed to fuck the PC up to the point where I was getting blue screens all over the place. Anyway I managed to do a system restore... all this could be irrelevant, but it sounds pretty suspect... because now when I open up an old .cpr file to remix ALL the midi is out of sync.

I've tested it with a 2 bar bass drum pattern. The note starts right on the first bar, and subsequant beats afterwards, perfectly quantinsed. thats what it looks like in list edit. BUT there is a significant delay of about half a second before you hear the audio.

I've made no changes to my outboard gear, and when I play it in real time there is no delay at all.

So does anyone know WHY all of a sudden Cubase SX has gone completely tits up and has this horrific delay before triggering my kit ?

What settings do I need to check or adjust to resolve this ? Is it worth reinstalling my soundcard drivers or something like that ?

I need HELP !!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             06-Apr-05  @  12:34 AM   -   RE: arrrrh serious midi delay in Cubase SX

beds

reinstall your midi interface drivers maybe ...

i don't use outboard so i dunno :/

Message 3/7             07-Apr-05  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: arrrrh serious midi delay in Cubase SX

dARKSTATe

PC forum? Cubase Forum? C'mon J-dawg, you know the drill...

Message 4/7             08-Apr-05  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: arrrrh serious midi delay in Cubase SX

k

Link?:  Link

lol

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             15-May-05  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: arrrrh serious midi delay in Cubase SX

si_fiction

Link?:  No link

Hang on a minute, how about VST multitrack in DEVICES and change the audio out selection to 'Mulimedia this should change the external sync rate back to 44.1khz. Play it back and if it still runs outa sync, close cubase down and boot it back up again. Some times this works for me if i have installed recent plugins into VST folders. The tune will boot up and the sync rate should change back to how you had it..If it dont work for you what have ya lost?

Message 6/7             22-May-05  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: arrrrh serious midi delay in Cubase SX

Optofonik (AKA_Mick_Rhyze_etc.)

Doood! Music only. Music only!!!

Get rid of all that other "unrelated" software or create a seperate partition optimised and streamlined for music, and dual boot. In my experience, system restore is almost a sure way to f%*k things up on a mixed use PC.

The way I have used dual boots in the past is to test software on my general use or "admin" partition and if it works there (it will work anywhere) then I migrate it to my "sound design" partition. It takes a couple of hours to set up a dual boot system like I describe but it really is worth it and hard drives are more than big enough these days to accomodate four reasonably sized partitions (one for "general use", a second for "music", a third for your DAW files, and a fourth for a Fedora Linux install so that you can begin the proccess of telling Billy Gates and Apple to piss off).

Message 7/7             22-May-05  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: arrrrh serious midi delay in Cubase SX

damballah

"emulated midi ports" maybe?

from http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/steinberg-uk/sup/midiemulate.html

---------------

Problem: Cubase SX/SL "Emulated" ports cause midi output and input timming problem.
Midi appear early in the track after recording. This only affects Cubase SX/SL V1, V2, V3.00.
It is not an issue under V3.01 or above.

Solution: Move the "ignorportfiler" file, and switch off the "Emulated" ports.

---------------

go to link for detailed instructions

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)