aaa Akai_cd3000i - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Akai_cd3000i

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             07-Apr-05  @  09:41 PM   -   Akai_cd3000i      [Link: Akai - S3000]

tanguray

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Im buying a used cd3000i sampler. What kind of sample files
will this machine read. Will it read wav. files. This is the first
sampler Ive owned. Thanks. Reply to: tanguray@hotmail.com

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             08-Apr-05  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: Akai_cd3000i

k

Link?:  Link

cant remember but i think it reads only akai format cdroms - it was designed as a cost concious akai library playback machine for studio's who wanted akai sample library play ability

anyone?... i'm sure it doesnt do wav - anyways, all the akai sampler manuals are available from akai - see the link on the RELATED LINKS of any akai page on this site for the link to akai-pro where you can get manuals I'm sure

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             08-Apr-05  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: Akai_cd3000i

k

Link?: Link

try there (see link)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/4             08-Apr-05  @  08:36 PM   -   RE: Akai_cd3000i

Stuff

Link?: Link

Congrats to your buy, glad to see that there still are people considering the hardware option (before the growing stream of cheap & plastic software alternatives, s/w samplers do not even come close to the hands-on feel and the responsiveness of a dedicated outboard sampler ;). Once you get used to it you'll find that the CD3000i is very powerful and useable, though the learning
curve is steeper. But it's always nice with a shining white Akai monster in the corner of any room, besides that it carries around with alot of musical history and nostalgia.

[Wheee just felt to do it..]

Thanks to the inbuilt cd-rom (Toshiba 4x XM-5401 TA) you won't be forced to buy an outboard SCSI cd. And the CD3000 can do most of the things like the other models from the time (some options which seems to be forgotten by the software manufacturers) except from recording directly into it... - You solve that by using your computer:
Get a copy of ReCycle and a Wave editor program so you can record straight into your computer, or pull sounds from audio CD or MP3's, chop em up in ReCycle, and load them into your sampler from there. You can load from Cd's, from disks, and from your computer into it. And while you're there, try MESA too, to send the samples instead of slicing everything in Recycle. Tho i'm not sure it works on Cd3000 (but XL does).

Anyway, to actually answer you question:
Yes - it can read wav-files if you use Recycle (converts them). And second thought..i think CD3000XL is the only one of those CD-Akai's that can be used with Mesa.
Also, there is this program called Akai Disk where u can save wav's to diskette from your computer, and load into the old sampler as recognizable format. But disks are small and takes some time. Try the other options first.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)