aaa eternal newbie from outer space... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: eternal newbie from outer space...

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             21-Apr-05  @  06:41 PM     Edit: 01-Nov-05  |  03:53 PM   -   eternal newbie from outer space...

nutoniom

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

strikes again !!

some new tracks up. still extremely me but different.

nouvelle affaire
walking
clockwork
anhekdotik
no one reason
vaisseau mere

bash away  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             23-Apr-05  @  07:08 AM   -   RE: eternal newbie from outer space...

welder

File?:  No file

jezus christ man, you have a whole blog under you page ...

will listen as soon as the other folks get up in the house (its around 8 in the morning here...)

cheers,
welder

Message 3/9             26-Apr-05  @  12:51 PM   -   RE: eternal newbie from outer space...

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, ilike those slappy think echo-ey drums under that bassline, nice (nouvelle affaire) needs to go somewhere mebbe?

Walking - nice beats again

clockwork - nice groove again

anhekdotik - yup, like the soft pad-y synth line sorta reminds me of a factory, dunno why, subtle - my favourite of the batch so far

no one reason (UV mix) - nice, similar beat to the others

vaisseau mere - yup, nice

it's all quite 'industrial-ish' in a way to my ears.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/9             26-Apr-05  @  02:20 PM     Edit: 21-Apr-07  |  01:25 AM   -   RE: eternal newbie from outer space...

nutoniom

[image file]

hey, thanks for listening.

a bit sad that 'no one reason' ain't your favorite of the lot, it's definately my favorite. but apparently i was a bit too stone, it's not as loud as the others

yeah they're all a bit samey, as they're mostly the same one bar pattern, slightly modified, except for anhekdotik wich is made with a processed drum loop. i'm going to do that again, really liked to work with a loop like that (kind of a first for me)

also, they're intended to go nowhere, reflecting the simple pleasure of being here. or being caught in a loop (clockwork especially).

industrialish, yes. i play for the machine. and i learn to improvise

i'm uploading another one, absolute "i can't feel my eyes!!" piece called 'evelen', it's a love song (yes, i'm a dirty bastard)

hey, welder. have your roomates crucified you when you woke them up to this

Message 5/9             26-Apr-05  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: eternal newbie from outer space...

welder

nouvelle affaire

well, not much of an intro, a bit brainwashed dnb, a bit too brainwashed to my taste, but...
I'm happy about that dark bass sound, but reverb is too much on the hihats innit?
Hell, this is almost one loop... ahha, there's some change now. Have you considered a breakdown? :-)
To be serious, not bad for a starting idea, pretty heavy and agressive bass, but drums need to be (un)treated (reverb), and yeah, add pads, some distorted percussions, some effects, build a song, you know how it is done :-)

vaisseau mere

hmmmm.... very minimal, a tad sick, wich is a good thing. Also it evolves, flows around one's feet, gets into your socks, climbs your body and eats itself into your brain, so that your head gets heavy.

clockwork

this one is more funky, a dancing robot in a metal cage.

one reason (uv)

the panning of the snare is a bit weird through my headphones, but otherwise a nice, relaxed one, my favourite

Message 6/9             27-Apr-05  @  12:52 AM     Edit: 27-Nov-06  |  11:56 PM   -   RE: eternal newbie from outer space...

nutoniom

[image file]

Have you considered a breakdown? :-)

i like you. you're funny : )

yah, don't know about the reverb. i think it's a general bleed across the board, or something.
i might have bumped the knob too, spossible.

you like the bass, yes ?

"hmmmm.... very minimal, a tad sick, wich is a good thing. Also it evolves, flows around one's feet, gets into your socks, climbs your body and eats itself into your brain, so that your head gets heavy."

i will quote that

this one is more funky, a dancing robot in a metal cage.
i must confess i really like this one. i know.

thanks for the listen, i now have an audience of two !!

Message 7/9             27-Apr-05  @  07:39 AM   -   RE: eternal newbie from outer space...

Maarten

I know it's not in your list of new ones but just listening to evelen- I'd like to hear some more evolution in the drums, apart from that- I like what the synth is doing- definately freak   Will check out some of the above listed new ones tonight when I get back.

Message 8/9             27-Apr-05  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: eternal newbie from outer space...

0/d

Yeah i like a lot. Listened to the first two on the list. Nice and BIG sounding synths.

Heh, celine dion lyrics in yer bio cracked me up. God only knows what the rest of it says. So much french i don't think ever seen so much in one place in my life...  

Message 9/9             10-May-05  @  01:49 PM     Edit: 12-Apr-07  |  12:11 PM   -   RE: eternal newbie from outer space...

nutoniom

[image file]

hey, thanks for the listen. yeah, it's all a bit loud maybe, i record mostly at "vue" really quiet in the morning, so i never really know how they will turn out.

"evolution in the drums" , i don't know, i kind of like the stactic nature of it all. i see it as a kind of snapshot. like it has no real beginning and no end, just goes on. wich reflects exactly how i make them. i have no intention of selling these, so i see no reason for me to comply. but i might because you asked nicely and i like your tunes

did you check anhekdotik ? it's got a sample in it, my first real use of one.

"Nice and BIG sounding synths." *puffs out chest out of proportion*

i told you ! !

but seriously, softsynth are fine, they're just not as fun to fuck around with, and i fuck around a lot

ok, i'll go stare at cubase GUI and look dense now.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)