aaa How is a nice arpeggiated line made? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

Viewing all 24 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/24             23-May-05  @  09:28 PM   -   How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

obxpander

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hold on, let me don my flamesuit...Ok..

Such as the ones in trance. You know, those fuzzy trancey seq. arpeggiated lines.

For an example of one, check out the the song "airwaves" by Rank 1. There are a dozens of remixes too, all which of feature that awesome sequenced line.

I'm trying to dissect it now and plug it into the 'matrix' on this reason demo. But it seems like its a combo of 2 different sequencers being played. The whole line seems monophonic though.

Any advice?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/24             24-May-05  @  06:32 AM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

Sloworm

Link?: Link

the intro for www.sloworm.com was made in reason with the matrix

solution:

delay -3 pong set
filters -hp with some high resonance
the right sound (try subtractor) you have a lot of tweek room

with those elements you should have no problem.

S Dub

Message 3/24             24-May-05  @  06:35 AM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

obxpander

Interesting use of delay.

Thats one approach, but have you heard of what I was talking about? It seems to be MUCH busier than your intro.

Message 4/24             25-May-05  @  12:14 AM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

Sloworm

you can set the feedback for more, or work in 32nds.

Message 5/24             25-May-05  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

k

Link?:  Link

i dont hear any arp's in that track apart from that little 7 note thing.... or do you mean the actual main riff / chord progression ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/24             25-May-05  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

post up a tiny clip of the line your meaning-

if its that 7 note top line thing then ? your probably trying waaaaaaaaay too hard , they arent the most anal of producers - id bet it was just lashed out on a JP8000 with synced JP delay. Thats all it sounds like to me, the reason it sounds so pingy is the note quantisization or patch sustain/decay

just draw it in on sixteenths, throw a reason delay on it on triplets pretty dry, then another on bar and in subtractor pull all ASDR sliders down on just about any pitched up bass patch to make pluck, then just throw up sustain byu little ammounts until it goes pingy like that

honestly tho, youll prob find it was just a jp standard delay job

alan

Message 7/24             25-May-05  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

obxpander

My mistake guys. I believe I'm actually speaking of the ATB remix of Airwave.

Also, can be found in that 'final fantasy' song all over p2p networks. its like this quick furious arpeggiated line. most types I hear it, it takes on a very punchy staccato form. In the ATB remix of Airwave, it takes on this supersaw waveform with a longer release.

It almost sounds like the classic up,up arpeggio with say, a C chord playing, but with C2 on the bottom of the keys being held down so it cycles. But then again, the cycle sounds completely random.

I obviously can't try it since I dont have any gear right now, but I'm pondering it.

Any more clear? Im sorry to be so ambiguous!

-Jimmy

Message 8/24             25-May-05  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

obxpander

and worse case scenario...how do i take the clip I need? I have the mp3 on my puter, but dont know how to slice up a clip

Message 9/24             25-May-05  @  05:53 PM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

k

use a WAV editor - drag over the short section ( a few repeats will do, mebbe20 seconds) - then save it as mp3 file at say 128kb... then post it - use the BROWSE button on the forum reply area to brose & select the file

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/24             25-May-05  @  06:21 PM     Edit: 25-May-05  |  06:29 PM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

k

The email link text

Message 11/24             25-May-05  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

obxpander

Hmm. I tried uploading my mp3, but it's too big at 10 mb. If you guys can get a hold of the ATB mix of the song, its there

Message 12/24             25-May-05  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

obxpander

btw, it bubbles up at 3:25 into the song

Message 13/24             27-May-05  @  06:35 AM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

obxpander

Ok, in case you need a diff. song, Alice Deejay's "Will I ever" has this same type of line. after the intro, it goes into this sort of arpeggio detuned saw wave dealie. Thats what I'm looking for.

Message 14/24             27-May-05  @  07:38 AM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

k

10mb for a 30 second clip?  

Message 15/24             27-May-05  @  10:00 PM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

obxpander

I couldn't get the clip. Tried the whole MP3 instead  

Anyways, what is the upload limit?

And, you can check out the Alice Deejay song for reference too.

Message 16/24             28-May-05  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

beds

what software do you use? import the mp3, chop a section, export as mp3 then upload it here.

Message 17/24             31-May-05  @  05:34 AM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

obxpander

I need suggestion for which software to use first, heh. Any ideas?

Message 18/24             31-May-05  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

beds

Message 19/24             31-May-05  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

obxpander

File?:  File

clippy3.mp3

Ok, I think I got it! too complicated.

Also, later on that seq. line opens up it's filters wide and loud.

Message 20/24             31-May-05  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

obxpander

ADJ.mp3

And I dont know if this was made in the same way.

Message 21/24             01-Jun-05  @  01:04 AM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

whats the question?

i dont know how the reason matrix works but just draw the midi notes in?

by the sounds of those clips youd have ALOT of fun with a jp8000

those tracks arent arpegiated key holds by the way - draw the notes in your sequencer

it still sounds like your overcomplicating things for yourself - those arps are a 2 second job

give me a view minutes and ill post u a midi

Message 22/24             01-Jun-05  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

Message 23/24             01-Jun-05  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

rank1-airwave2.mid

arps lines ;)

Message 24/24             02-Jun-05  @  06:35 AM   -   RE: How is a nice arpeggiated line made?

obxpander

dude, the second one was perfect!

Since I don't have a sequencer to plug it into yet, could you explain?

Was that written as one monophonic line in 32nd notes? I was mostly confused as to what the
lower octave notes were doing in conjunction to the higher ones. Was there any method to the
mayhem, or was it just randomized?

thanks!

Viewing all 24 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)