aaa Sugar Sweet - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Sugar Sweet

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             01-Jun-05  @  03:59 PM   -   Sugar Sweet

BOO

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Long time, no post.

http://www.dancetech.com/~BOO

A quick and dirty dub techno house thing. I don't know what to call it. Dated dance track?

I took a funk track we were working on, cut up the vocals and popped them into a sampler and
then made a track around them. Not much structure. A bit of a filler.

Anyway.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             05-Jun-05  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: Sugar Sweet

milan

mm-mm... thought the intro sounded a bit "general midi" but quickly changed my mind when the rest fell into place... sounds rather good methinks

yeah i guess it sounds dated like mid 90's, but who gives a beep  

Message 3/4             06-Jun-05  @  04:09 AM   -   RE: Sugar Sweet

Garuna

Dated.... hasn't the time come when dance music has exhausted itself, come full circle and we don't have judge whether something sounds dated or whether something is chilled house or funky breaks with a drum'n'bass vibe? Maybe this is like a progressive house 1992 or maybe like that Deep Dish remix anno 1996. Or maybe it's simply a nice electronic piece of music that people can dance to. Damn these shackles of "that sound". I wish that all of electronica would just die and vanish from public view, so it can ressurrect. Sorry, it's Monday morning.

Message 4/4             09-Jun-05  @  02:38 AM   -   RE: Sugar Sweet

BOO

Link?:  Link

Hello Milan! Long time, no....

Yes, that was the first and last time I ever use a 909!   It sounds very blah these days. I know I could have spiced it up and given it some character, but frankly, I just couldn't be arsed.

Ta for listening! It's gone now! Gone forever. Mwa ha aha ha.

Garuna!

Fanks for taking a listen. Um, that is, if you did listen. I know what you mean about dated stuff. I guess a good track is a good track, but this is just a filler with nowt goin' for it.   So....

Ta!

:D

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)