aaa Parallel universe stuff - the bombing - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Parallel universe stuff - the bombing

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             11-Jul-05  @  05:32 PM   -   Parallel universe stuff - the bombing

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

BRITAIN OUT OF IRAQ

!TODAY!

\\///////

__,,,,_{τΏτ}_,,,,__

i have a question:

is there something wrong with me?! is there something am missing?!

i mean, i ache with the pain, horror & outrage of these last days here in london, i suffer with those who have lost family, limbs, inner peace perhaps for life, of course i do, everybody does, who could not feel it? (only sociopaths).

but i feel it and have been feeling it for all those (unnamed) iraqis who've been dying in similar numbers in baghdad EVERY SINGLE DAY!! and searching for the bodies of their lost loved ones. FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS WITH NO END IN SIGHT!! who could not feel it? (only sociopaths).

is there something special about this recent bunch because they were londoners? does that really make them so different from the baghdadis? i just can't see it. am i missing something? i mean, everyone's talking about how multi-national london is, and it is!, but surely that makes us londoners so much more aware of nationalities everywhere? right?

fraser.

UP! "I have had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." Groucho Marx

"If You Bomb Our Cities,

We Will Bomb Yours"

Robert Fisk, Jul 09, 2005.

"If you bomb our cities," Osama bin Laden said in a recent videotape, "we will bomb yours." Ever since Tony Blair decided to join President Bush's "War On Terror" and his invasion of Iraq, it was clear Britain would be a target.

We had, as they say, been warned. The G-8 summit was obviously chosen, well in advance, as Attack Day.

It's no use Blair telling us, "They will never succeed in destroying what we hold dear." They are not trying to destroy "what we hold dear." They're trying to get Britain out of Iraq by getting public opinion to force Blair to withdraw from his alliance with the US, out of his adherence to Bush's policies in the Middle East. The Spanish paid the price for their support for Bush -- and Spain's subsequent retreat from Iraq proved that the Madrid bombings achieved their objectives -- while the Australians were made to suffer in Bali.

It is easy for Blair to call yesterday's bombings "barbaric" -- they were -- but what were the civilian deaths of the Anglo American invasion of Iraq in 2003, the children torn apart by cluster bombs, the innocent Iraqis gunned down at American military checkpoints. When they die, it is "collateral damage"; when "we" die it is "barbaric terrorism."

If we are "fighting insurgency" in Iraq what makes us believe insurgency won't come to us? One thing is certain: If Blair really believed that by "fighting terrorism" in Iraq we could more efficiently protect Britain, this argument is no longer valid.

To time these bombs with the G-8 summit, when the world was concentrating on Britain, was not a stroke of genius. You don't need a Ph.D. to choose another Bush-Blair handshake to close down a capital city with explosives and massacre its citizens. The G-8 summit was announced so far in advance that the bombers had all the time they needed to prepare. A coordinated system of attacks of the kind we saw yesterday takes weeks to plan; we can forget the idiotic fantasy these were timed to coincide with the Olympic decision. Bin Laden and his supporters don't set up an operation like this on the off chance that France will lose its bid to host the Games. Al-Qaida does not play football.

No, this would have taken months -- to choose safe houses, prepare explosives, identify targets, ensure security, choose the bombers, to plan the communications.

Coordination and sophisticated planning -- and the usual utter indifference toward the lives of the innocent -- are characteristic of al-Qaida.

Let us reflect on the fact that yesterday -- the opening of the G-8 -- represented a total failure of our security services. These are the same intelligence "experts" who claimed there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq when there were none but who utterly failed to uncover a months-long plot to kill Londoners.

Trains, planes, buses, cars, metros. Transportation appears to be the science of al-Qaedas dark arts. No one can search 3 million London commuters every day. No one can stop every tourist.

Then come the Muslims of Britain, who have long been awaiting this nightmare. Now every one of our Muslims becomes the usual suspect, the man or woman with brown eyes, the man with the beard, the woman in the scarf, the boy with the worry beads, the girl who says she's been racially abused.

And this is part of the point of yesterday's bombings: to divide British Muslims from British non-Muslims (let's not mention the name Christians), to encourage the very kind of racism that Blair claims to resent.

But here's the problem. To go on pretending that Britain's enemies want to destroy "what we hold dear" encourages racism; what we are confronting here is a specific, direct, centralised attack on London as a result of a "War On Terror" that Blair has locked us into. Just before the U.S. presidential elections, bin Laden asked: "Why do we not attack Sweden?" Lucky Sweden. No Osama bin Laden there. And no Tony Blair.

UP! "Scientists say the most prevalent element in the universe is hydrogen... i disagree with them. i feel the most prevalent element in the universe is stupidity" Frank Zappa

(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)

TEXT JOCKEY // TJ PHRASER (Fraser Clark) & THE MEDIA EVOLUTION

MIXING THE TRACTS LIVE ON THE KEYBOARD

@ A MEDIA-MEME RATE OF 160 IPP *

* Ideas Per Paragraph

TO SUBSCRIBE SOMEONE, WRITE I wanna get UP! TO fraser@parallel-youniversity.com

TO UNSUBSCRIBE, HIT REPLY WITH REMOVE IN THE SUBJECT BOX

(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)

"Tough On Terrorism,

Tough On The Causes Of Terrorism.

It's Not Rocket Science"

George Galloway
"Only a fool believes that this came out of nowhere. It came out of a deep swamp of hatred and bitterness that we have soaked in blood these last few years. This is obvious to any sentient being. And the only way that we can truly resolve this matter - and of course, in the interim, I'm thoroughly in favour of the most rigorous policing and intelligence response - but the only way we can really be clear of them is if we reduce the number of people out there who are ready to support those who are ready to hurt us. The fish has to swim in water, and bin Laden is swimming in this water, in this swamp that we have created.

Muslims should unite with the rest of us in absolute rejection of terrorism and of war. We must be tough on terrorism and tough on the causes of terrorism. It's really basic common sense. It's not left wing,.

It's just basic common sense that if you don't drain the swamp, if you don't intervene to stop the ongoing calvary of the Palestinian people, who for 50 years have been dispossessed, sent to the four corners of the world as refugees, regularly massacred, occupied, if you don't do something about the hundreds of thousands of foreign soldiers occupying Iraq, if you don't stop propping up the puppet presidents and the corrupt kings who rule the Muslim world almost without exception from one end to the other, then you lay bare your double standards, your hypocrisy, when you talk about liberty.

What our leaders want is liberty for us, but only up to a point, and they're ready to take that away if it suits them, but no liberty for anybody else. And the people in the Muslim world can see it very clearly. They know that nobody gave a toss about the thousands who were killed in Fallujah. Nobody in the British Parliament raised any qualm about the American armed forces reducing Fallujah to ash and killing thousands of people. Yet, they go into the kind of emoting that we saw yesterday about the deaths in London.

I'm different from that, and most British people are different from that, when you reach them. The blood of everyone is worth the same. God didn't differentiate between a dead person in London killed by sheets of flying glass and red-hot razor sharp steel and someone who died the same death in Baghdad. These deaths are the same. And war of the kind that we have seen -- unjustified, illegal, based on lies, in Iraq, is terrorism of a different kind. Just because the President who ordered it is wearing a smart suit rather than the garb of an Islamist in the Tora Bora doesn't make their orders more legitimate than orders from bin Laden. "

UP! "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." Edward Abbey

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             12-Jul-05  @  04:04 AM   -   RE: Parallel universe stuff - the bombing

pict

Link?:  No link

No government has legitimate authority.

Message 3/9             12-Jul-05  @  09:58 AM   -   RE: Parallel universe stuff - the bombing

cheddar

Link?: Link

"Al-Qaida does not play football."

missed the point. Was this Al-Qaida?, why are we talking about muslims here, jumping to conclusions and why?

lets not forget the other white skinned groups out there with the motive and if we think opportunity then they can wear uniforms

Message 4/9             14-Jul-05  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: Parallel universe stuff - the bombing

Trillium

Link?:  No link

I agree with the cheesy one.

Message 5/9             14-Jul-05  @  09:45 PM   -   RE: Parallel universe stuff - the bombing

milan

their identities have just been revealed innit  

hi trills, see you in few weeks or so  

Message 6/9             14-Jul-05  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: Parallel universe stuff - the bombing

psylichon

wha whaaaa?? you coming to philly, ming?

Message 7/9             15-Jul-05  @  01:03 AM   -   RE: Parallel universe stuff - the bombing

beds

what's the difference between cockneys and smarties?

smarties don't melt in the tube

Message 8/9             15-Jul-05  @  06:42 AM   -   RE: Parallel universe stuff - the bombing

milan

psylichon wrote:

wha whaaaa?? you coming to philly, ming?

*sigh*... no. i will be back online in two weeks, after my holliday. geddit  

wish me a nice trip and stuff

Message 9/9             15-Jul-05  @  08:24 AM   -   RE: Parallel universe stuff - the bombing

cheddar

Ohh you'll burn in hell for that one Beds

have a nice trip M, - travel and topography is funny only once you get back

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)