aaa mcc> presents sage bomb - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: mcc> presents sage bomb

Viewing all 51 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/51             13-Jul-05  @  06:21 AM   -   mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i met karen and jen at a spiritual retreat out in the mountains last april.
we've become quite close and we're working on a lot of stuff at a steady pace.
these first 2 songs show to what extent we're concerned with the genre-thing.....
which is to say we're not.

karen's been playing flute for a long time and it shows. i think the flute may be the most introspective instrument out there...and in ways the most human. this provides a nice counterpoint to what i do since my sounds can tend to be less than organic so much of the time. it's a lot of fun tossing electronic effects onto her already sublime performances....not to mention slicing-and-dicing them into new and unusual forms.

what is amazing is that jennifer has never been in front of a mic before.
our first track was anywhere everywhere. but it was only when she gave priestess a try that i knew i had something amazing before me.
i've always yearned to work with a great voice who had no idea she could even sing.
no star bs*...no we do things my way....etc.
the newer stuff has her doing some actual singing.....she's been able to handle anything i toss her way.

both girls' attitudes are great when it comes to working and i think it shows in the music.
thanks to all who've been trying to play priestess today/yesterday. it seems we weren't able to download the song since i had one of those pretensious angle-brackets in the name sage bomb.
what's really cool is that you can take the angle brackets like this:
<--sage-bomb--<<<<
and make it look like an arrow.

enjoy & thanks!
you didn't think i'd forget about you.....did you???
dream on.

mcc>

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/51             13-Jul-05  @  07:52 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

milan

Link?: Link

hi MC-long-time-no-C!  

Message 3/51             13-Jul-05  @  12:40 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Rags

cheers Clay
"spiritual retreat" huh?

Great stuff, pretty nice production. See reviews for more subjective details.

ps: a somewhat less important detail: have you considered a different kind of reverb on the vocals for priestess? This short roomy one somehow adds a bit too much intimacy to this rather strong opinion of her innit?

Message 4/51             13-Jul-05  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

k

Link?:  Link

Clay, thats: 'pretentious' - with a 't'

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/51             13-Jul-05  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

rags....

i've peeked around this week to see what's the haps around here and i will say your reviews can feel like they can use a little more genuine thought at times.
i appreciate the fact that you feel compelled to provide a blurb for much of what's being offered here...including mine....but ass-punk and bitch slap being used as descriptions of other people's musics on their home pages isn't something i would've expected from you......ever.
i always thought it was YOU teaching ME something about civility and not the other way around.

i always thought that providing reviews of people's work within their home-pages was a bad idea and said so when the idea was first brought up months ago. in fact, i recall a few other regulars seriously agreeing with me on this matter. needless to say.....k> and i> don't agree on some things >>>----->
and now we've created a vehicle for potential abuse____which though might serve some positve benefit to others......i think are outweighed by the negative.
not to mention being plain tacky.

and yes.....it is pretentious....my spelling stands corrected. it's odd where we put our energy at times....
which is why i'll say i'm honored to (again) have this opportunity to share with you some of what i'm doing recently....musically.
occasionally there will be songs which are balls-out (girls rock) but most of our stuff is fairly and oddly contemplative and restive...though hopefully somewhat joyful.
i would also suggest that we will remain unpredictable as life would be such a drag if everything were the same all the time.
a little bit of thought and lots of years of experience and sensitivity go into these things so.....
there's an actual story happening within here and it involves all of us.
what it is and why we do it.
that's all the clue i can provide.

thanks for your listens and comments.

mcc>

Message 6/51             13-Jul-05  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

milan

heheh... you hippy-ass stoner, whats wrong with the reviews or the bad language?

anyways, the anywhere track is very nice. would love to smoke up to it

and the priestess... some bright, distorted rifing guitars would do it much good, and the drums man! the dums! they need to be slammin, not limping in the background! compress everything severely too

regards, m.

Message 7/51             13-Jul-05  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

k

i'd like to hear more tribal percussion coming in on the flute one

anyways, it's crusty rave music but without the drums to my ears.

as for reviews of tracks, well, we have been approached by some marketting people who 'might' do a promo with the 7161 site which would require reviewing by readers, so i built it, but i dunno if the thing will go ahead.

anyways, whats all this bitchs-lap stuff?... where?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/51             14-Jul-05  @  05:03 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

it was a sentiment expressed regards some portugese girl's song up there on the chart.
i was checking to see what some of the new stuff was sounding like...peeping people's pages...reviews etc.
she got a 20% rating on top of the comment which i think is simply uncalled-for......whether you hate her stuff or not.
like i said within the forum...cool...anything goes...we all know that...been there done that.
but not directly within another user's home-page.
i do question the need to put a numerical rating on something as subjective as what we do here....but if you are to use a rating system i think it should step down in 10% increments with 50% or 60% being the lowest possible....or a simple 1 thru 5 rating system might seem less harsh.

i accept and appreciate your comments on priestess's drum-sound milan....and agree to some extent..... it would've helped had i rendered crisper tracks to start with then again i've never been all-about-the-drum-sound and have been known to accept a certain level of trashiness when it felt appropriate to do so.
no doubt this was one of those times. i've considered reinforcing the kicks with some punchier ones.
thanks for enjoying anywhere everywhere~

thanks for your comments k~. this was the first time you remarked on my music after 50 or so tracks i've uploaded here.
all i can say is it was worth the wait. we'll have some tribal-stuff coming up.
karen and i attend these drum-circles and i intend to get some real live native drums in here.

i'll be dropping some more sage bomb here soon.
thanks for the listens.
we're honored and excited by your feedback.

mcc>

Message 9/51             14-Jul-05  @  10:15 AM     Edit: 14-Jul-05  |  10:20 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Rags

Cheers Clay, glad your'e back here finally

Sorry about being un-original. I promise I'll never write a review again.

"posessa"

"pipi"

Besides, here you can read my reviews in question... k, if you think they are unfair or unnecessarily rude (or disproportionally un-original) please feel free to remove any of them at once. About the 20%, I still think it is a fair rating, and even if it is not, it is only my opinion (my name is printed next to it, if one disagrees then one can esaily add his/hers as well sayig eg. "hey Rags, don't be an asshole, this thing rocks").

Message 10/51             14-Jul-05  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

milan

yeah really, its kinda the point of reviews that they open a whole new field for participant interraction... why is it, for example ok for IMDB to have forums where people can slag off expensive commercial endevours, but not ok for us to even possibly hurt some bedroom boffins feelings?

its all a matter of taste after all- one persons garbage is another persons dream fulfilled. Rags may find some portugese e-jay producers output laughable (and who are we to argue!) but the same could be said for any laughable miami-ghetty-booty-tune or rio favela funk (ever heard that shit!?).

the point is, if a person who likes that kind of music shows up o these forums, then they are more than welcome to tell us all to hell, with a side note about cultural differences included (or not :P). and they YOU clay are welcome to step in as an intermediary saying how we should all just get along, respect a fellow human beings need for artistic expression, and generaly not to be assholes about it. now wouldnt that make you happy?

a wise man once said: it is hard for a man to part with what he has already digested (aka "secret of hard stool"). rant over  

(i swear... i'm making mor typos on my new crappy keyboard than i did on my busted old one! crappy chinese crap. there i said it!)

Message 11/51             14-Jul-05  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

milan

and as a sidenote: i do find it very interesting that someone has put up that kind of music on DT, because you all should hear what passes for local production over there. myself, i have once been part of an effort to do a cover of a philiphino pop tune in a more euro-dance style. and you should have heard THAT! not to mention my involvement with the Serbian turbo-folk movement ;)

there is a whole worldwide culture of underproduced ghetto music done by any means possible, and its NOT hiphop! ever heard spanish gheto techno? brasilian Rio-funk? colombian hardcore garage band?seen a japanese sound module for arab or asian music? its all about New World Disorder innit  

Message 12/51             14-Jul-05  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

rags...point is you are my friend of friends (and my favorite leo of all time).....
but let me know you for your great music and supportive personality and not for this need to waste your time talking down those who seem to struggle with what THEY believe passes for music.
it's a near impossible task to take out the garbage without you-yourself becoming the garbage-man....so be selective in what garbage one chooses to take out.
always better to deal with one's own.....and let the others' front-yards speak for themselves.
perhaps i too will learn this one day.

i guess another reason for reviewing others' works in the forum is that it stands a greater chance for being seen here.....and becomes much more open to commentary in a way that doesn't permanently taint someone's personal music pages. for instance one doesn't write a review of an art exhibit on the exhibit's walls. nor does one stand up and pass out reviews of a broadway play within the playhouse before or during the play itself. a problem i have is with the format and the fact that one sees that 20% before they see anything else. then you read the review and see rags wrote it and because we love rags and know he knows of what he speaks....we think....hmmmm...i'd better not like this either.
i think it diminishes one's ability to approach the matter objectively without prior interference.

what's happened is that a function has been added to our user main-pages which few people find necessary to use. rags in his never-ending desire to be helpful and supportive has decided to use the function. what could be worse is that a bunch of booty-music types could stream into each other's sites and use these reviews to base defend and deride each other in a way.....that's again best left in our precious forums.

i think OUR music pages should be ours and not for others to come and piss on as if dogs to a fire-hydrant.
i haven't visited my site at soundclick in months but one thing i like there is that you can have a message-board (if you want...it's optional) and yet delete any messages which are too derogatory
for you.
plus the fact that the messages and ratings don't appear at the top of one's page as if a headline of some sort. the bottom of the page would be much better here if it's decided to keep the function.

i appreciate everyone's willingness to discuss this matter as i believe, if we are one day to be paying for our pages and subsequent file-space...we should have some say as to what shape and form those pages actually take.

thanks to the team for keeping-on and the homies for hanging-in.

and rags.....ya know i love you man.

mcc>

Message 13/51             14-Jul-05  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

and btw.....today is karen's birthday (she's also got cancer rising with an aquarius moon).
if i can find time...i'll encode and upload our latest instrumental
(you have no idea how excited the girls are to have their voices unveiled to the world).

Message 14/51             15-Jul-05  @  07:05 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Digital Millennium Planet Daddies

Hi Clay, and Sage Bomb! As promised here is my review of your new stuff.

Priestess:
Very post-punk/industrial, but very primal at the same time. Very hip. Dig the vocals, but maybe a bit much on the vox FX. Would be nice to hear what she is saying just a little bit clearer (don't remove them altogether tho, it suppliments what she is doing, but just almost to the point that you notice the effect more than the fact that she is singing). The flute kicking in sounds very wide and lovely on my system. Nice movement after the long sustain. The eventual sexual explosion of Jen says it all. Giving the song meaning, and largely tapping in to the witchcraft mentality that embodies and glorifies womanhood above all else. Nice work.

Anywhere Everywhere:
Again, the vocal FX are nice, but I have no idea what Jen's voice really sounds like. At some points, I can't quite make out what she is saying. But oh well, this is dancetech. How many people here submit tracks with actual vocals? And of those who do, how many do you love regardless of weather you can hear the vocals or not? The flute is, ahem, BADASS (or to insert the latest inside joke among my friends, KICKDICK). Very mesmerizing. You have just the right amount of delay on the flute and don't change a thing there! (as if you would change anything, right?). This is the one track that I think is prime time for streaming across many popular internet radio stations...

Last Question First (Dub):
Okay, you without a doubt have a severe passion for the fluten in your latest works, as you mention in your original post so no wonder. Not a bad thing by any means. Like the high frequency detail hidden throughout the track. Might just be a compression artifact in the beginning, but towards the end definately isn't. You have a very nice dissonances and harmonies in perfect unison in almost all three tracks. Bass hits nice and even also.

Overall, I am impressed with the new stuff. Matter of fact, while writing this review, I was able to pleasantly listen to each song many times. That's saying something. The fidelity in your latest works has improved dramatically. Your mixes are always good, but this time around your music is very transparent and ethereal. On the right path, I must say. Your new group rocks and will produce some great stuff. No brown-nosing here, you truly are one of the most talented members I have heard on this board. Next to psylichon....

j/k. no ranking. just listen.
L8

Message 15/51             15-Jul-05  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

thanks so much danktle planet daddy.....

i'm honored anytime my name gets to appear next to psy's.

i hope you checked with him first.

i really especially appreciate this willingness on your part to listen and absorb the very CONTENT of what's being offered here....the actual meaning being conveyed and not JUST the ingredients regarding bass levels hats etc.
though showing great appreciation for my technical efforts....you understand they only serve as a vehicle to further a story or a vibe~ or the suggestion of a place we might find ourselves for some brief moments.
my concerns as a producer are to somehow effectively render THAT in a manner which the listener can hear and place himself within.

occasionally there are artifacts or even ghosts which lurk in my stuff.
the strange synth-line which opens last question first takes on a different quality as the song progresses....and whether this is excaggerated as a result of encoding or something i didn't quite fully-notice until i encoded...it's hard to say.
i am trying to be very methodical and yet the work is occurring at a rather steady pace....
so perfection is something i feel hardly compelled to get bogged-down in.
it and i simply have little use for each other.

last question first is proving to be our most controversial song lyrically.
we've had many discussions as to what this one really implies.....and we can feel the presence of a multitude of energies peering in to see what this invites within our consciousness.
we ourselves can't really know where this leads but can only hope that given a choice as to what paths we take...we'll choose the right ones.
unlike certain schools of dogmatic-thought/belief...we feel everyone has their own to follow.

i'm glad you were able to find pleasure in your repeated listens.
i totally thank you for feeling the energy of priestess and not letting certain production-values (or lack of) get in the way of your acceptance.
i'll pass this on to beam*and karena~ and i thank you for them in advance.

mcc>

Message 16/51             16-Jul-05  @  01:20 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

i just wanted everyone to know i'm going to yank star-trail off the chart soon.
download and save if it's something you'd like to hang onto.
i wanted to get your attention with an oldie before i dropped sage bomb here.
i think i got that and don't feel a need now to have yours-truly up there also along with the band he's currently involved in.
i do call us a band because there does exist this notion that we will take it before breathing yearning curious excited and judgmental souls one day.
i'm setting karen up with her own rack of effects and distortion pedals.
jen's will be a little simpler.
my set-up will entail my old g4 running ableton live and at least one keyboard....maybe my cs2x.
that doesn't mean i'll play it though.

Message 17/51             17-Jul-05  @  01:55 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Absorb Fish

hey mr. clay. glad to see you are still around  

I'm taking a listen to your new project sage bomb - very nice stuff.

last question first is very nice. comes off a bit new age-ish but without the... meh of it. Very relaxed.

anywhere everywhere is very laid back too. Very dubbish but with a flute - very creative.
Pretty stuff.

Priestess has this very middle eastern influenced/rock clash typebreaks sound to it. also very original sounding.

All very different but all very good.
I gotta check out more music.

Message 18/51             17-Jul-05  @  04:50 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

aye paully!!! thanks for the props and welcome.
i'm glad you can get with both ends of what sage bomb are about....both the bliss and fire
within our equation.

the next track is called sacred's potluck.
it's quite hard, mysterious.....even haunting....and yet really very sweet.
you won't be disappointed.

rags...thanks for the bug-friend-fried review and rating for anywhere everywhere.

Message 19/51             17-Jul-05  @  07:31 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Rags

mcc> wrote:

rags...thanks for the bug-friend-fried review and rating for anywhere everywhere.

Ahh, fack off man!
These are damn brilliant pieces of music Clay.

Message 20/51             17-Jul-05  @  04:24 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Maarten

Priestess- I like the laid-back drums here... yes, bit more dynamics maybe. Vocals are cool- cept for a few bits where it does my head in a bit (but that might have to do with my lack of sleep last night...or not). Anywhere Everywhere's flutes did more for me....

Message 21/51             17-Jul-05  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

thanks maarten for listening!
priestess is definitely a wake-up call so ample rest is suggested.
it's a strong medicine after all to do-in the head of one of our hardest-banging technonauts.
last question first might be something more sleep-conducive....that and anywhere everywhere~
get your rest man and thanks for commenting.

rags.....
you continue to do me in with your non-stop resilience and kindness.

mcc>

Message 22/51             19-Jul-05  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

groovemonkey

Welcome back.

Nice things...

Priestess tho like others have said needs to be punked up. big guitars, big drums, mainly coz her voice sounds pumky in this tune.

Anywhere, Everywhere. love the flutesgive it a sort of delicate eastern vibe and the vocals rock!

Last Question first... nice moods, but I think it needs much work to flesh it out

G

Message 23/51             19-Jul-05  @  07:23 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

thanks gm for registering your views....not to mention your welcome>

as for priestesssssss...what the fuck is this punk-rock stuff i keep hearing about?
you mean the stuff that became de rigeur back like in 76 and stayed cool til about 1981 or maybe 83?
with all those nasty guitars and vomit all over the place?
we're supposed to try & sound like that?
okay....i'll tell the girls we need to clean up our sound.

i'm glad anywhere everywhere struck a (+) chord.
it's a quite-easy-to-stomach sort of track it seems.

last question first::::: i uploaded as it was karen's birthday and wanted to showcase hers and my sound a bit....you know....i'm glad you enjoyed it's mood....but we'll definitely work on it.
the vocals are really quite trippy and we're unsure as to just HOW trippy we want it to be.

but sacred's potluck is very earthy, almost soulful....at least the vocals are.
i might upload that today.

cheers~

mcc>

Message 24/51             19-Jul-05  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

oh fuck it....
yesterday i had a guy over...an old friend who owns (or owned) one of the world's more notoroius punk-rock labels (vinyl communications) with over 110 releases to their credit...and he heard priestess and he didn't said he thought it should have guitars. he and i did notice the eqing a bit ott/off on the lower end as i had just reaaranged my sub-woofer placement and can now hear the low-end more clearly.
maybe one day i'll get the room to sound halfway accurate.... wouldn't that be nice?!
or just get ears.

Message 25/51             19-Jul-05  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Rags

Well, that punk-rock thingy... I think the idea (at least mine) might be coming from the fact that tere is a ton of raw energy in Jennifer's voice. (And I mean this in the 100% positive way) . So "punk" in this sense means no vomiting and nasty guitars and ugly stinky drunk people, but "rebellion" in a pure form.

Now there is also a big difference between punk and punk, I mean ok. the "poor bastard with spikey hair" is probably a common denominator here and there (sorry if sometimes I am not very clear, but my head is still a bit dizzy because of that small amount of champagne I have just consumed). Ok, where I was... yes, punk and punk and differences. Now I am pretty sure (and let me be clear on this (c) by george w bush 2004) that punk as a musical definition AND cultural stereotype was quite different when you compare it country by country (beleive it or not, there was even hungarian punk, which was more or less a rebellion agains the communist regime).

OK, so punk. There is also music wich is being labelled (or labels itself) as punk even today, and believe it or not, I have seen YOUNG punks drinking and vomiting a few days ago on a festival, so the thing still lives on.

Well.. I think it is time to go to bed.
Good luck to you all, good people of dancetech, I am going for a week vacation from tomorrow...!

cheers,
Rags
(drunken, but... well, at least not THAT drunk )

Message 26/51             20-Jul-05  @  07:49 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

now yea...if by punk-rock we be talkin about barely knowing or understanding>
what the hell one is doing on some level.....and caring an awful lot......not......
and being rather innocent and naive and brash and honest and pure and full of zeal and venom and
angst and joy and wonder...then again yea.

priestess is about reclamation......of power and authority over one's life.....this is in response to a couple millenium of repressive patriarchal religious dogma which serves us little except in terms of getting us to bow to some stodgy old german guy sitting somewhere far away with all his screwy ideas about what we can and can't do with our bodies our minds our souls....excuse me....did i say our souls?
as if we ourselves have any right to say anything about the matter.

ohhhh.....pardon me monsieur.....no not me......i would not and could dare not ask it of thee.

but anyway rags....yeah good ol punk rock.
that's a spirit i can fly....like a kite on a sunny day.
a distortion pedal hooked into an old casio.....
a poet screaming at the trees begging forgiveness......that sort of thing.

i hear ya~

Message 27/51             23-Jul-05  @  07:54 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

a short but HUGE THANKS!!! to lowteknetwork for a very thoughtful review of priestess!!!

mcc>

Message 28/51             23-Jul-05  @  07:57 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

a short but HUGE THANKS!!! to lowteknetwork for a very thoughtful review of priestess!!!

mcc>

Message 29/51             25-Jul-05  @  03:11 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

if i had to describe sacred's potluck...i'd say it sounded like early iggy producing the cocteau twins..... with maybe a tracy or diana in a somewhat woeful but resigned mood.

feasts on....enjoy~

Message 30/51             25-Jul-05  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

2 mins - voice needs sorted, or recorded again

Its barely a track/musical piece just now, needs more variation, sounds very amateur to be honest - take away the vocal and the track loops itself from start to end with the odd effect thrown on here and there

You havea whole band there as it were clay, and a vibe to match, but the track/s show little ambition/technique - You guys are obviously having alot of fun doing this stuff which is the main thing however, some more focussed skills on recording and mixing/arranging need addressed so you dont let your side of the team down perhaps?. Quality not quantity is the new black i hear!

Alan

Message 31/51             26-Jul-05  @  04:11 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

blu ....i always appreciate our differences but that's what they basically are.
were we trying to do a toothpaste commercial or "the new black" (?) i'd be all ears
but we're not.
your whole esthetic (and unfortunately now andrew's too) has basically been about trying to polish your tracks so much...now to the point that any raw idea which might've existed at one time is totally blindsided by the bright shimmering reflection of pure businessman values....if not yours then of your label's.....and i just find all that stuff to be genuinely boring at some point.
and no.....i'm not trying to be clever here.....just honest.

i've done music for a lot of different reasons...and for different ones than you
but when when i do some stuff which you deem as amateur
and people e-mail me and tell me they'd love to see us open for the likes of skinny puppy or whatnot....and they simply get the faact that all music can't be a glittery seaside bar of shiny britney lookalikes running down the docks all day...nor should it be....it makes me smile.
as did the dj out in the mountains this weekend playing anywhere everywhere twice because he likes it so much.....in spite of the mix....and we all circle round and play native drums til we're exhausted and amazed at how chaos and rhythm and joy are so intertwined....the simple realization that you CAN'T CAN your emotion and soul and ideas and package them into a
tasty fizzy-drink.

part of this is about roughness...the very act of discovering something in the raw.
less of it is about "technique-ing" it into something which everyone will be sure to like.
i've been working a much more laidback groovy clubbish mix...

but for much different reasons than "not sounding amateur"......i'll defintely keep it amateur or at least if it ends-up sounding "somewhat professional" i'd like to retain a part of it which has that "amateur's heart".
i don't mind being considered an idiot by those who's skills-management priorities have precluded their ability to provide viable expression in their art.

i just happen to like different sounds and modes and occasionally sounding like the ooze which connects us all though we can't recognize it because we prefer the safety of the radio dial or
get that girlie.....
sure...shimmery hands in the air all night is something which connects us too but it's something we long ago recognized and for some of us have found it beginning to grow a wee stale though an occasional deep dish show can still motivate.
personally i think technology and professionalism have come a long way towards killing music...so...i think that kind of says it for me.
i might also say the lack of genuine ideas but i'll definitely give the mixes further consideration as we are far from having anything done to the point of going to press.
we're just kind of sharing as we go.
but as always......definitely thanks for the listen and for posting what you believe to be our lesser-qualities.

mcc>

Message 32/51             28-Jul-05  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Rags

Sacred Potluck's:

Ahhhahahaha What an opening my man!
I was laways big fan of the gentleness versus brutality concept, and this one absolutely shines at it. Abstract,beats with these glowing sounds and.. yeah these vocals makes me shiver all around.

Sonically it is so interesting and exciting that I haven't even bothered to understand the lyrics for the first listen. This is a gem, a small wonder I have no words to describe.

Message 33/51             28-Jul-05  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Influx

I cant believe I just read all that. Clay, acidic as ever, but I kinda have to agree

especially with this

"personally i think technology and professionalism have come a long way towards killing music...so...i think that kind of says it for me."

too much trickery, too much worry about clean sound, etc...too much production, not enough heart?

I didnt listen to the tracks, no audio right now, but hell...I like it when someone is excited about something theyre doing simply for the discovery of it

Message 34/51             29-Jul-05  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

good to hear it from you guys.....rags..as always you know....big thanks for getting it man.
it's kinda like 50 years later no one knows the words for louie louie......and do we really give a fuck?
i could print the words and you'd still not know exactly what sacred's potluck was about.
but let me know if you figure it out.....cause i sure the hell don't.

influx....thanks for appreciating my words of explanation for what they are.
shit's worth talking about sometimes and for me music is always one of them.
taking risks and breaking out of all of these formulas and prescriptions as to what the human ear and soul yearns for.....that's always been a big part of who i am and what i do.
i will make mistakes.......but one of those won't be sitting quietly in the corner pretending i don't exist....or that they don't exist.
because we all exist.
i'm incapable of lurking. i'm either in or out and even though i told myself i wouldn't come down and blare my lonely horn again in this desolate place.....i just couldn't drop the music and say....erm....or not say a word cause that just ain't me.

one thing i do feel a need to say though is this.....that i think blu, to this day, is perhaps the best-sport when it comes to waging opinions and being a gentleman about it...be it about music or politics or whatever. the fact that he intends to enjoy life on his own level and not allow my opinion of him or vice versa get in the way of doing so. whatever honest differences we may have...i've always considered him a right top heavyweight when it comes to not letting anything detract from his buoyancy and zest for life. and that's saying something.
them bagpipes i'd be hearin.....oh lovely they be.

mcc>

Message 35/51             01-Aug-05  @  12:27 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

nutoniom

omg, what's this !!

i love you dude, this is awesome.

i'ts not on the disc you sent now is it ? i know i'm an asshole, haven't listen to all of them, my phones are permanently busted, and i need my closed space to really appreciate music to it's utmost.

my respect to jen, that's one involved performance, kind of freaky. nice

Message 36/51             01-Aug-05  @  03:10 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

OMO

As I've been having a bit of a verbal set to with you Clay, I thought I'd better go and listen to some of your stuff, not to pick it to bits, but just to find out what sort of thing you're doing.

Wft! Priestess is just plain strange, very well done, but odd. I suppose it's just not my cup of tea. Sacred's potluck on the other hand, well! I find it strangely entrancing, that vocal is incredible. Perhaps what Signalrunners said is right, it does need tidying up, but hell, it's a raw song isn't it? Plenty of time to sort out the production later on. It's got spontaniety, and I like that. Well done

Message 37/51             02-Aug-05  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

thanks for your ever-loving enthusiasm JF!
and for finding the time to listen amidst the chaos you're experiencing.
those discs are good for a number of years so no hurry......but you can only live in a war-zone so long before it does something to you....so tend to that mess!!!!!

OMO...thanks for the review/props/suggestions......and might i suggest repeated listens?!
even though we're placing greater focus on phrasing and intonation of our next songs.....
which will be surprisingly coherent and "neatly" arranged...including actual verse and chorus.....
i'm suspecting a deep affinity on my part towards the quicksand-like gooey sloppy nature of scared's potluck.
i know the girls are seriously okay with it....so we're glad you could dig the entrancing, spontaneous aspect enough to let go some of the need for perfection which seems to spoil so many a good thing.
like a good swim in some quicksand.
a perfect war in iraq.....our planet warming up just perfectly...etc.
mmmm...tele-tubbies.....tele-tsunami...tele-famine...tele-relief.....tele-something.....
......again>>>thankS guyS!

Message 38/51             05-Aug-05  @  04:41 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

k

spent some time listening to tracks tonight for the first time in a while with some mates, and that Priestess track is pretty hardcore

Message 39/51             06-Aug-05  @  01:26 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

thanks k......yeah...it does have a little bit of spirit to it.
i'm really glad you enjoyed it!!!

Message 40/51             29-Aug-05  @  06:17 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

please check this new track!

>back 2 oNe!

Message 41/51             29-Aug-05  @  07:39 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Rags

Ooh. Very nice.

These vocals has a pretty cool Björk-ish character, it is absolutely cool.

Ya know, for me it captures the feel of those open-air festivals where you just go from stage to stage (half drunk ) until you find something really soothing and meditative, so you stay there and dance with the crowd. Maybe it is because there is not much "edited" stuff going on (it seems), its more like a live performance where the band plays on and on because the people just enjoy it.

Message 42/51             29-Aug-05  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

::::::mcc>

much thanks rags.
there's a point @ 4 min. where you can hear where the short version will fade......same exact flute phrase i use to fade at the end of this long mix.
it's been decided this will be our 7th and final song of the first we wanted to leave it w/ a slightly party-love vibe and i think we've managed that with back 2 oNe.
the song started with a heavier latin-dance and far-eastern drum vibe....and no et synth-phrase.
i wanted to play with adding a bit more of me into the end of the song...and once i heard this sound...it was like fuck it.....
we just redefined it to be more like the early festival musics of say gong....system 7.

karena~ has just ordered her yamaha wx midi wind-controller so songs 5 and 6.....will show her palette blowing wide-open.

the girls are shooting some video presently and we have a guy in dublin who's been doing club and festival video and lighting for many years (including ibiza) who's wanting to do a video for us.
i just acquired final cut and since part of my college/art-school background includes film and video (though mostly painting) i'm eager to become part of the process of conceptualizing selecting and manipulating these images and what these videos will be about.....
not that they'll necessarily be about anything.

thanks again for listening and enjoying~

Message 43/51             05-Oct-05  @  07:41 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

File?:  [image]

[image file]

it's this man's birthday today.
he wishes you all one full of music life love and expression which befit
the god in each and every one of us.

Message 44/51             05-Oct-05  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

well...i thought i uploaded a jpeg of myself but the system doesn't seem to want to accept pictures of
this horridly-deluded meglomaniac today.
i was going to follow up with with pics of the girls....hmmm.....

Message 45/51             05-Oct-05  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

k

it has a space in the filename - not compatible - remove the spaces

Message 46/51             06-Oct-05  @  06:57 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

[image file]

mcc>@home

Message 47/51             06-Oct-05  @  07:03 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Rags

Happy birthday Clay!

Now if you could just move the camera a bit right so it shows us the girls; please? :-)

Message 48/51             06-Oct-05  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

[image file]

karen~

Message 49/51             06-Oct-05  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

[image file]

beam*

Message 50/51             06-Oct-05  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

[image file]

thanks rags...and because it's your birthday...one more of jennifer lovebeam*

Message 51/51             06-Oct-05  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

milan

heheh... hello mcc and crew!  

Viewing all 51 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 51 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)