aaa GM - Abstractions - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: GM - Abstractions

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             17-Jul-05  @  12:05 PM   -   GM - Abstractions

groovemonkey

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

A new one for you.... lemme know what you think.

G

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             17-Jul-05  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: GM - Abstractions

Maarten

Spacey...have the feeling that synth in the beginning.. especially the accented note- could be brought back a little bit in the mix...(listening on laptop speakers though.) Definately spacey stuff on this lovely Sunday afternoon, well done.

Message 3/7             17-Jul-05  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: GM - Abstractions

Rags

Nice trippy broken beats! Its like the tune is continously folding inside out, like a big 5 dimensional moebius-thingy... The parts blend into each other in a completely logical way and the un-earthy journey just goes on and on. Both thumbs up!

(((((maybe those snares could use some more (longer) reverb... ))))))

(almost forget to mention: great, beautiful landscape. not that Iexpected anything less )

Message 4/7             17-Jul-05  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: GM - Abstractions

Sage Bomb

Link?:  No link

oh gm....it's good to see you at it still.

i really like a LOT about this track but feel you could've slightly fucked the gentility out of it and made it into something much more bold and exciting. i like EVERY phrase and passage and beat and i REALLY REALLY LOVE the way you mangled those vocal bits...whatever they happen to be.
my thing is this though...that your beats are simply too crisp and polite considering
how much more juice could've been displayed within them by simply adding a little distortion or filtering now and then. a wee reminder that there's an actual personality back there in the control-room somewhere.
there is a very quiet meditiational calming aspect to all of this and that's really fine but what i also feel would be finer is to toss a little attitude into that equation.
the manner in which you dissect and redefine your vocal-samples.....there's a playfulness there.
a playfulness lacking in the amount of respect you show your other sounds.
it's like always reading about these purists who go on about how truly and totally accurate a virtual arp 2600 sound is and well.....for me....and maybe for me only....i'm thinking yeah but ain't this a new millenium? and what could we do to those sounds to make em a bit woolier or wilder?
so perhaps a little role-reversal wherein you mangle your synth bounces and arps and then allow your vocal-bits to come naked and upfront and reveal their identity....and definitely muck them
drums about...if even momentarily.

of course....it's still a great piece but i think the memory of it all could be greatly enhanced by
enlivening the ride a tad.....and well.....you know.....emphasizing the fact that this is an experience...and perhaps one to be remembered even as i drive to go get a new cable for my monitor since my son lost mine so respectfully when he borrowed it last month.
don't be so shy.

mcc>

Message 5/7             19-Jul-05  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: GM - Abstractions

groovemonkey

Aye.. thanks folks...

and ta for the ideas... I'll prolly have a play later.. after my next tune.

G

Message 6/7             01-Aug-05  @  01:04 AM   -   RE: GM - Abstractions

nutoniom

i know you probably don't care. but i love this.
beautiful.

i AM sincere

and it goes for all of you above

thank you

you realise i am looping this, do you ?

am i repeating myself ?

yes.

amd i love every second of it

off to listen to Maarten !i two

Message 7/7             01-Aug-05  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: GM - Abstractions

groovemonkey

i know you probably don't care. but i love this.

Lol... Of course I care... and thanks for diggin it!

G

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)