aaa Something new. Gasp. It's Techno. - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Something new. Gasp. It's Techno.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             20-Jul-05  @  04:49 AM   -   Something new. Gasp. It's Techno.

BOO

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

http://www.dancetech.com/~boo

A techno track called Control. I was pretty pissed off when I wrote it. Not too pissed off, though.
I'm swapping kits throughout to keep it changing a bit, so it's kinda interesting. Sorta.

It's the first time I've done anything so, um, drummy. It's how I remembered The Eurobeat nights
in London to be. I once went there for six hours straight , totally sober, and by the end of the
night, I got a ride back to my flat from one of the touts that lurk outside clubs and all nighters. He
was playing the Spice girls first album and after 6 hours of nothing but drums, it sounded like the
most wonderful and melodic music I'd heard in my life. Chortle.

Anyway. I'm sure it's going to be pulled apart by the Techno elite, but it's not bad for a first try.

Pure Wank, mate.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             20-Jul-05  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: Something new. Gasp. It's Techno.

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, i like it.... basic/raw you gonna add some synth line or bassline or summat or just leave it?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/10             21-Jul-05  @  04:18 AM   -   RE: Something new. Gasp. It's Techno.

BOO

Thanks for listening, K!

I was just going to leave it, but there is an absolutely mental mix by Chris Liberator I've been
listening to lately and it's got one of those tracks that has a bassline that sounds like the devil's
electric razor. It sounds like it's shaving the skin off orphans and throwing sand on their twisted
bloody bodys before throwing them through a woodchipper. It's inspiring to say the least.
Relentlessly devilish.

I might add a bassline and speed it up to bring it up to date, or might leave as is. I want to
explore this genre further, for sure.

Dunno yet.

Ta!

Message 4/10             21-Jul-05  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: Something new. Gasp. It's Techno.

k

heh, one of THOSE basslines eh

well anyways, good foundations so far, go for it

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/10             29-Jul-05  @  08:11 AM     Edit: 29-Jul-05  |  08:17 AM   -   RE: Something new. Gasp. It's Techno.

CydoniaCell

Hey Boo....

I love this

Very nice man... It does need "more"... a psy lead or ACID line, and maybe a fat jungle style bassline (shifting filters kinda head trip madness) a la Ant or The Liberators

But I love this track (easily pleased I guess I LOVE techno)

Found myslef wanting to "remix" this and add shit and play with it.. it's very cool!

In fact if you'd be open to it... i'd love to work with it...

very nice

Incidentaly... I played with Julian Liberator a few years ago. Had a blast with him. Those Stay Up Forever cats are the real deal. Had the pleasure of him telling me i was the best live act he'd seen in the States... which ain't sayin' much to be sure. But he was a cool cat, and very aware of his tables. i played live out of hardware for like 45 minutes off the cuff and he mixed all kinds of vinyl into evrything I threw down. never missed a step...

anyway... nice BEATS, yo!

e

Message 6/10             29-Jul-05  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: Something new. Gasp. It's Techno.

milan

oooooh.... this is good! makes me ashamed of my own attempt at techno must.... try.... harder

nice one boo!

Message 7/10             31-Jul-05  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: Something new. Gasp. It's Techno.

nutoniom

lovely. i can hardly see anyone pulling it appart, sounds legit to my ears.

that has a bassline that sounds like the devil's
electric razor.

yes yes go for it

or leave it, as it stands well on it's own.

Message 8/10             01-Aug-05  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: Something new. Gasp. It's Techno.

Rags

Nice good ceiling-broker bassdrum sample (with that little 8bit noise at its end), the whole stuff is very pulsating. I really liked how those delays make it vibrate and breath.

Message 9/10             05-Aug-05  @  07:14 PM   -   RE: Something new. Gasp. It's Techno.

BOO

Thanks for the feedback!

CydoniaCell - Go for it! Play with it all you like. I think I'm going to mess with a bassline for it,
too. More of a dirtline.

Fuck it up!

I agree - Chris Liberator and Stay up Forever/Truelove are fucking awesome and London
Acid and Techno is still the only music that I can say honestly excites me still after all these
years. It gives me chills like nothing else. Especially a roaring 303 line.  
Everything EVERYTHING is soft gayness in comparison. There is nothing that can touch it,
imho. True punk Electronics.   I used to go to 414 every single Friday night and go mental
there. Fucking loved it.

Milan! Thanks, buddy! This was one of those tracks where I just tried something new and tried
to push myself out of my musical rut - Glad you liked it.

nutonium - Cheers, mate. I'm sure some Techno bods will pull it apart. I'm so tempted to add a
bass. I might add something as soon as I've tidied up this shithole of a studio.  

rags - Yeah, the little dirty bit at the end of a kick adds a little something. Dirt, dirt, dirt! It's a
good thing in these days of computery clean. I've sampled some noise off my Analogue synths
and I mix it in with my Virtual synths to give them that 'something'. I guess the pulsating comes
from the filters on the percussion. I think I messed with the modulation of the cutoff and
resonance throughout the track. I guess that's what makes it. Real, live tweaking.

Cool! Thanks guys

Message 10/10             05-Aug-05  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: Something new. Gasp. It's Techno.

milan

you'rer welcome. in fact, i've i've given up on techno and decided to do some tech-housey "soft gayness" instead ;)

now to the point... if you took few of those percussive elements and transposed them to bass, and added a 303 (or whatever) tweaky line, that'd be it i think.

i've certainly paid money for more underproduced music than this!

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)