aaa We Got Out of Order Part I, II & III - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: We Got Out of Order Part I, II & III

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             23-Jul-05  @  03:42 AM   -   We Got Out of Order Part I, II & III

Maarten

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Ello, recorded this material earlier this week.. had to cut it into three parts to upload- so it can be pasted back together- well, it should actually   Anyway, have a listen to some or all if of interest and lemme know what you think!

Thanks,
Maarten

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             26-Jul-05  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: We Got Out of Order Part I, II & III

mcc>

Link?:  No link

i think it was pt 1 that i clicked on yesterday...the 12+ minute one and i really like the first sound alot...in fact it sounded like the same absynth patch i opened my recent star trail luffmaster mix with.....same key too....so yeah cool enough if even NICE......but then you keep adding these really cool new additonal sounds which start to push the thing forward in a surprisingly pleasant manner like...huh? marty?....what gives you being so gentle and such?....the drums sound a lot like something rags would do....kicking hard but sweet.....and the layers keep it very lush and fresh without getting silly....the thing just flows and sparkles....
the vibe is absolutely hungarian to me and done in a manner which feels like you moving into some new direction........and that was great for 6 minutes...but then....kick my head with this 4onfloor kick and don't let up and the whole vibe gets reduced to some stomping hard-techno matter with no let-up from what i could determine......and i just lost it.
it might've worked better for me had you reversed the sequence but then i'm not sure i would've survived into the second half had you gone that route.
i say keep the first half and maybe at least retain some of that vibe and twist it up in the second half so the two halves seem to have a greater connection.
but then you know....i don't know about these things........or how to really do any of it......i just feel.

so what are the other tracks like?

it's really amazing how little everyone here has to say about their work....though i did read someone say recently they were practicing tooting their horn.
anyway...i would hope so since that's why man invented the thing.

Message 3/12             26-Jul-05  @  09:50 AM     Edit: 26-Jul-05  |  10:21 AM   -   RE: We Got Out of Order Part I, II & III

Maarten

Thanks for those thoughts, much appreciated. Well, thing is- and I should have mentioned more explicit probably.. the three parts are originally one long recording (some 35+ minutes) of all kinds of material I wrote past two weeks. More a live set if you will... bunch of patterns and live sequencing / knob twiddling on the fly recorded in one stereo take to SF. So all in all it should maybe be listened to in one long strech.. but that might be asking alot- certainly if you're not very into the bullet-train techno / acid bla. The first six minutes (that synth is from a Korg MS-20 ...) you're refering to is really one track on it's own.. kind of an intro... the whole thing (the three parts) is meant to build up steadily allthough I can definately see that after those six minutes or so there is nothing subtle about the change. Everthing after that does blend together more consistently imo. Anyway, that in mind might make for a different perspective during listening- or even more frightning ;)

So, that's probably the most I have ever written on my own stuff- tend to have the music speak or rather shout for itself hehe

Message 4/12             26-Jul-05  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: We Got Out of Order Part I, II & III

mcc>

Link?:  No link

i kinda figured the pieces were meant to be an extended set of some sort.
so is that ms-20 a virtual instrument or do you have the real thing? i'm sure that's what was used to create the absynth patch i mentioned.

as for talking about one's music occasionally...or a lot even.....the function being to generate interest or to reflect that level of interest which is or isn't there.
of course this is a weird place to figure out what , if anything , is actually being reflected....but you can be assured it is.
it's like express yourself but don't expresss yourself and easy on the details.

anyway marty...it's good to see you manage a little horn in your slobber now and again...between letting the music speak, that is.

Message 5/12             28-Jul-05  @  01:06 PM   -   RE: We Got Out of Order Part I, II & III

groovemonkey

Well so far I've managed part I. nice beats, sounds etc... quite different to yer usual hearstopping pounding distorted beats.. almost chilled in a way!

and nice to see you doing stuff again.

G

Message 6/12             28-Jul-05  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: We Got Out of Order Part I, II & III

Rags

Cheers Maarten
Listening now to...

Part one:
Great psychedelic intro thingy, that becomes also the main theme for the first few minutes... now that goes very well with our good old friend, the distorted bassdrum .

Nice broken beats,minimal, but doesn't leave the feeling that something is missing. Uh-oh, around 4:30 the 4/4 takes over, but captain 303 saves the ship (I'm not such a big fan of 4/4 material, but this one has lots of craziness in it to keep my head moving.)

So all in all, I liked the first 4-5 minutes much better than the rest (which is mostly due to my pre-conception), and also, for me it sounds like that the bassdrum stands out too much in the mix, I love all those noises and hihats etc.. but they simply don't have the chance against this bass drum. So now i'm moving to...

Part two:

As I have said I love these hihats/snares/noises, they really work together and "pull" the tune "forward" if you get what I mean . Again the BD dominates but there are really nice subtle changes/tricks going on... exactly the kind of stuff needed to keep one dancing.

~3:00 dark insanity take over, goood
Again, I feel the bassdrum a bit "unrelated", somehow its "pitch" is disturbing. But man, this is crazy stuff, 303 mayhem + slowdown samples... absolutely yummy.

Around 9:00 it gets more soundtrack-ish, less dark elements, more shiny sounds definetly my favourite part. And there is this agressive distorted sound that brings us:

Part three:

By this time the basement is full of dancing people (the bar has emptied) and even Rags is not complaining about bassdrums any more . Nice chilly sounds with more abstract beats to make it evil and merciless. The police arrives to shut down the event, but they start dancing as well.

There is a small period for regaining some strength, but then satan himself arrives and the party must continue.

All in all: lots of with some small issues (which are probably irrevalant in a "party" situation )

Message 7/12             28-Jul-05  @  05:01 PM   -   RE: We Got Out of Order Part I, II & III

Rags

Cheers Maarten
Listening now to...

Part one:
Great psychedelic intro thingy, that becomes also the main theme for the first few minutes... now that goes very well with our good old friend, the distorted bassdrum .

Nice broken beats,minimal, but doesn't leave the feeling that something is missing. Uh-oh, around 4:30 the 4/4 takes over, but captain 303 saves the ship (I'm not such a big fan of 4/4 material, but this one has lots of craziness in it to keep my head moving.)

So all in all, I liked the first 4-5 minutes much better than the rest (which is mostly due to my pre-conception), and also, for me it sounds like that the bassdrum stands out too much in the mix, I love all those noises and hihats etc.. but they simply don't have the chance against this bass drum. So now i'm moving to...

Part two:

As I have said I love these hihats/snares/noises, they really work together and "pull" the tune "forward" if you get what I mean . Again the BD dominates but there are really nice subtle changes/tricks going on... exactly the kind of stuff needed to keep one dancing.

~3:00 dark insanity take over, goood
Again, I feel the bassdrum a bit "unrelated", somehow its "pitch" is disturbing. But man, this is crazy stuff, 303 mayhem + slowdown samples... absolutely yummy.

Around 9:00 it gets more soundtrack-ish, less dark elements, more shiny sounds definetly my favourite part. And there is this agressive distorted sound that brings us:

Part three:

By this time the basement is full of dancing people (the bar has emptied) and even Rags is not complaining about bassdrums any more . Nice chilly sounds with more abstract beats to make it evil and merciless. The police arrives to shut down the event, but they start dancing as well.

There is a small period for regaining some strength, but then satan himself arrives and the party must continue.

All in all: lots of with some small issues (which are probably irrevalant in a "party" situation )

Message 8/12             28-Jul-05  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: We Got Out of Order Part I, II & III

Rags

ok, that is a double-post which I couldn't edit out for some reason, sorry

Message 9/12             28-Jul-05  @  05:09 PM   -   RE: We Got Out of Order Part I, II & III

Rags

And yeah, I just read that this is more like a live performance. Very impressive I must say.

Message 10/12             29-Jul-05  @  10:28 AM   -   RE: We Got Out of Order Part I, II & III

milan

gave it a quick listen, skipping thru... heard some really good bits, cool!

will listen more in the coming days

Message 11/12             31-Jul-05  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: We Got Out of Order Part I, II & III

Maarten

I'm definately going to pay more attention to the fader on the BD channel cause imo you're spot on.. I had it playing in the car at somewhat low volume and all I could hear at times was the kick.(yeah, turn it up innit- but tis good reference) MS-20 is the real thing Clay, I'm really in love with those Korg's- MS-20 can do some pretty amazing things and the filter really cuts things clean... the MS-10 adds to the pallet with it's more solid sounding osc and filthier filter (in comparison with the '20)... Cheers for the comments.
Hey Ming, we golfin soon? doh, said it again in the open!

Message 12/12             31-Jul-05  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: We Got Out of Order Part I, II & III

nutoniom

need to listen to it. need i insist

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)