aaa 6 TRACKS BY OMO UPLOADED - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 6 TRACKS BY OMO UPLOADED

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             03-Aug-05  @  02:43 AM   -   6 TRACKS BY OMO UPLOADED

OMO

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've uploaded 6 tracks, so there may be something there for everyone, or nothing at all for anyone.

Anyway, all comments from whomsoever are welcome.

Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             03-Aug-05  @  03:11 AM   -   RE: 6 TRACKS BY OMO UPLOADED

k

Link?:  Link

LOVE AND LOSS. As with the first one listed, (EYE SPY), it doesnt seem to have much depth and width

thwre's a pulsing thin stabby synth that comes in at 8 sec, you could imagine that with some pan spreading it out and some delay trails spinning spacily off into infinity making it more deep and dreamy.

overall i'd say they do sound a tad 'centered' with all sounds in front in a sort of single reverb 'sound'

anyways that track LOVE AND LOSS has some sort of 'manga' quality to my ears

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             03-Aug-05  @  03:20 AM   -   RE: 6 TRACKS BY OMO UPLOADED

OMO

Hello K,

You're a night owl too I see. Thanks for the comments, it might just be something to do with the encoding that makes then sound that way, I dunno. On my monitors and in hi-fi they sound okay, but I'll take heed of your advice and play about with them. They're both new ones anyway, and probably do need more work yet.

Message 4/6             03-Aug-05  @  08:30 AM   -   RE: 6 TRACKS BY OMO UPLOADED

Garuna

Link?: Link

Sounds nice. Almost like little experimental soundtracks. Simple but good.

Message 5/6             03-Aug-05  @  10:20 AM     Edit: 03-Aug-05  |  10:20 AM   -   RE: 6 TRACKS BY OMO UPLOADED

Rags

Link?: Link

first man on mars:

There are some things I would do differently (more lowpass filters on various tracks to give focus to certain elements, that open-hihat like noise sound takes too much attention, etc...) but I definetly like the song with its melancholic atmosphere. And I say "I would do differently" because I am not neccesarily sure if it would be better that way. For me it sounds a bit raw and unusual, but unusual in a positive way, and I'm not sure if more sophisticated production would actually make it better, or it would ruin it completely. There is a kind of "innocence" about it I like.

Message 6/6             03-Aug-05  @  01:06 PM   -   RE: 6 TRACKS BY OMO UPLOADED

OMO

Thanks for your comments Garuna, and yours Rags. That "raw" sound is deliberate. I wanted it to sound that way, it's actually had quite a bit of production, though you wouldn't know it. That particular track is one that's had a few airplays.

K, I tried your suggestion about the delay and pan/width, the latter is fine and does improve the sound, making it fuller, but the delay had no effect at all. I'm going to continue to play about with it though. I try not to use many effects, other than reverb and compressors, and when I do use them, to use them sparingly.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)