aaa there's some damned fine music here! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: there's some damned fine music here!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             08-Aug-05  @  05:51 PM   -   there's some damned fine music here!

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

downtime the other night, spent hours, all night, listening to tracks and damn there's some great stuff on the site in all genres -

good stuff people, excellent!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             09-Aug-05  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: there's some damned fine music here!

The Moujik

Link?: Link

Yup - seconded. Finally sorted myself out with wireless & have been spending many a happy evening listening to a DT stream

Message 3/9             10-Aug-05  @  10:24 AM   -   RE: there's some damned fine music here!

k

well, in the last week i've talked to 2 people on the site. One band got radio play in Argentina last week, and another has just been approached to do a festival. Both were approached thru 7161

Tell you what, saw an AWESOME band last night called Khagool from cardiff, they kicked arse totaly, festival music, some synth, keyboard, 2 guitars, bass, percussionist/drummer, great stuff, a bit ozrics a bit stone roses, really good especialy given the venue sound which was basicly a small vocal pa suitable for a small rehearsal room.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/9             10-Aug-05  @  12:38 PM   -   RE: there's some damned fine music here!

milan

nice to know there are some actual results after all the hard work eh

Message 5/9             12-Aug-05  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: there's some damned fine music here!

OMO

Link?:  No link

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments K, it's a shame you're not in a position to start up a label, I mean a proper label. Now that would be something!

Message 6/9             13-Aug-05  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: there's some damned fine music here!

milan

yeah but it would take a dozen labels to cater for all the styles on offer here!

Message 7/9             13-Aug-05  @  12:25 AM   -   RE: there's some damned fine music here!

OMO

Link?:  No link

Mebbe, but it'd put out some fantastic music wouldn't it? You could have a general label called Dancetech, or DT records, and then just have sections for various genres, eg rock , dance, electronica (god I hate that term) etc. If k could get a distribution deal with someone like Kudos records, he'd be well away. Some of the music on the site is easily comparable with released tracks on established labels, and in many cases better. I'm pretty sure there's a market for it.

Message 8/9             24-Aug-05  @  10:08 AM   -   RE: there's some damned fine music here!

milan

wow. just listened to the chart. lots of good music there indeed! i enjoyed Route One's tunes quite a bit for example.

Message 9/9             24-Aug-05  @  01:40 PM   -   RE: there's some damned fine music here!

k

yeah, it's kinda good to not be so big, many times people have commented the music here is way better than on big 'majors' like garageband

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)