aaa Hare Cutter. ugly techno - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Hare Cutter. ugly techno

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             16-Aug-05  @  02:27 PM   -   Hare Cutter. ugly techno

milan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

let me say this first:

its 16th of August, i'm sitting in my sweater with the lights and heating on. its bloody cold and if the sun came up today we cerainly didnt notice an difference. it is the third such day in a row. yesterdy i received another "i-want-to-kill-myself, can-we-please-hang-out" call, and its not the first this summer.

inspired by this lovely weather i've decided to vent my frustration and made this. its called Hare Cutter and its in my music section. its ugly, its industrial but in bad a way, its not finished and it gives you no hope.

(and p.s.... i need a haircut!)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             17-Aug-05  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: Hare Cutter. ugly techno

Rags

Well, it is not that ugly, although your irritation can clearly be experienced. There is a kind of feeling I often fail to describe, some sort of mixture of clumsiness and monotonity which makes my thoughts slower and slower until a complete and hopeless standstill... and I can feel something like that here.

And also there are those pretty cool interworking rythmic patterns (with a "milan" trademark stamp on them) to make the whole thing not just bearable, but quite enjoyable. So yes, it is a pretty decent techno track (as far as I can make a statement about this specific genre), along with an emotional study if there is such thing.

Message 3/4             17-Aug-05  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: Hare Cutter. ugly techno

milan

"clumsiness and monotonity which makes my thoughts slower and slower until a complete and hopeless standstill"

hahahaha... that about sums it up. i think my girlfriend would agree with you

"interworking patterns"... yeah, its all about those few growly synths, i wouldnt have posted the track at all otherwise.

Message 4/4             28-Aug-05  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: Hare Cutter. ugly techno

Maarten

It could use a 10 BPM increase for sure imo. I like the atmosphere, anger & frustration can do alot of good in music I think... it's subtle but it is there. No, definately not ugly.. do feel it could have done with an extra break or the synth stab evolving into something a bit more but still an enjoyable listen nonetheless. Quite alot of 4/4 lately eh ming? Keep em coming I say!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)