aaa Congratulations to England - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Congratulations to England

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17             13-Sep-05  @  10:14 AM   -   Congratulations to England

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Blimey, the last person to of fucked an aussie and bring back the ashes must of been Paula Yates eh !?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             13-Sep-05  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: Congratulations to England

steve

good one

Message 3/17             13-Sep-05  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: Congratulations to England

k

Link?:  Link

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/17             13-Sep-05  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: Congratulations to England

k

heh, yeah... & it's great to see all those people who couln't tell you the difference between silly mid off and 1st slip pretending they like cricket just cos they can wave a flag and be all nationalistic.

bunch of retards.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/17             13-Sep-05  @  02:38 PM   -   RE: Congratulations to England

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

perhaps they do like cricket now...perhaps its bit like the 1990 cup where everyone was suddenly a football expert; yet many peeps actually got into football after exposure to the competition- its not completely unlikely and since then the market has diminshed but is still bigger than the core clothcap wearers and casuals who had primiarly dominated the audience during the 80's....

same thing could have happened to rugby had england been any good the next matches, and the same could happen to cricket- ....... i fickin' hope not....

greg

Message 6/17             13-Sep-05  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: Congratulations to England

k

yeah ok, fair enuff, it might make people interested in cricket, but i cant see it myself. I can guarantee you, if you asked 90% of those people a year ago if they liked cricket, they'd have said;

"Cricket?... it's shit, a fuckin borin' game!" - don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong turning out to support the national side, but these people will desert the game if the national side aint winning and they are not going to support county cricket in between tests most likely.

Message 7/17             13-Sep-05  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: Congratulations to England

monkeybasket2001

i know what ya mean- its just like world cup pundit-fever; or the 'go-on tim' brigade

i personally fall into that camp but thats only because its been a damn interesting series- caught a hampshire match the other day- weren't interested despite being from Hampshire
i personally still thought australia were the better side

greg

Message 8/17             13-Sep-05  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: Congratulations to England

beds

nice one jock

Some of the excitement is because England lost the six nations rugby, the Lions lost in New Zeland and Sven has been fucking up the football and sure there will be people only in it for the winning, but the thing is ... cricket has been boring as fuck for years, it's only since the Twenty20 stuff came in that it's got a bit more exciting and now that's kind of filtered through to the test matches. You could never imagine a player like that cunt Boycott at the crease for a day and a half these days.

this series was more exciting than usual for cricket.

Message 9/17             13-Sep-05  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: Congratulations to England

k

You could never imagine a player like that cunt Boycott at the crease for a day and a half these days

lol - he's prolly too busy duffing up t'wife!

so Richie's hanging up the commentary mic for good eh... ah... it wont be the same without him  

I must say one thing, the new brand of sports 'commentators' just have fuckin verbal diarrhea !! - i watched alot of the snooker earlier this year (fuckjin great games)....they never fucking shutup!!!.... jesus, yes!!... i can fucking SEE he's going for the pink, i dont need some retard to tell me every time what COULD happen if he misses!

bloody Uk sport has absorbed that whole yank-style talking endless shite commentary technique... y'know, as if somehow that's going to make it MORE exciting if two retards are freaking out about it all the time verbaly,,,, & it's the same with the tennis!

you're watching the tennis and there's 2 imported yanks commentating:

"well of course jim, he was seeded 126 back in 1998 when he entered the game from the junior league!...since then he's ranked fairly high, but after that bad loss in the US open back in 2003 his ranking slipped somewhat"

"Thats right tom!!!!... in fact i dont think we've ever seen him looking more ready for a game, he's playing so well, he's taking the game TO his opponent, he's stretching himself to come to the net and forcing his opponent to...."

excuse me, would you two CUNTS shut the fuck UP!!!... I'M TRYING TO WATCH THE FUCKING TENNIS!!!!!!

man, the old boys new how to let you enjoy the flipping game, these new pundits just fuckin yap for the sake of it and ruin the game, and i tried turning the sound down for the snooker, but it's not the same without the odd coughing fit from the audience and the clack of the balls & cue etc... fucks sake, there should be a movement against overuse of commentary verbage!

Message 10/17             13-Sep-05  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: Congratulations to England

beds

aye, good television commentary is about silence interspersed with a perfectly timed stating of the blindingly obvious and richie benaud was king.

Message 11/17             14-Sep-05  @  04:06 AM   -   RE: Congratulations to England

admin

nicely put Sir.

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 12/17             14-Sep-05  @  09:08 AM   -   RE: Congratulations to England

monkeybasket2001

true true, motson can shut sometimes if he likes too- and whats this with every ex prem player now being a pundit or expert?

stats make the game more boring generally.....

greg

Message 13/17             14-Sep-05  @  10:26 AM   -   RE: Congratulations to England

k

oh i dunno.... 74% of users said it enhanced the game for them

Message 14/17             14-Sep-05  @  03:30 PM   -   RE: Congratulations to England

beds

Message 15/17             15-Sep-05  @  09:13 AM   -   RE: Congratulations to England

monkeybasket2001

mwhahahahaha

greg

Message 16/17             15-Sep-05  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: Congratulations to England

Dominic

20/20 cricket is the way forward for county cricket. Each batsman gets 15 overs to try and score as many runs as possible. That way you get more 4's, 6's and wickets. A full game could be over in 3-4 hours. I'd go and watch middlesex on a saturday if they all played 20/20 style.

Plus, I like watching proper sportsman play than watching the overpaid thugs who play football. I must be a true english gent at heart.

Message 17/17             16-Sep-05  @  06:04 AM   -   RE: Congratulations to England

psylichon

[sniffs] .... smells like marmite in here.

Um ... er... cheerio!

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)